Odor issues - please help!

Mrmetfan

I am really sstressing right now. Im a first time grower. I invested a few bucks on equipment and seeds. Problem is I might have to give/sell all my stuff if I cant get the odor out of the house am i doing something wrong. I have negative pressure the walls are sucked in . I even braced the walls for the little extra space. Thats the wood in the pic if u were wondering. So if i have neg pressure and a filter thats plenty big enough for the space, why does my whole house smell like skunk. I spoke to the guuy at the hydro store and he suggested to put the filter outside the tent and it will filter the whole room . He claims the air will get scrubbed more this way because he thinks by the air only getting scrubbed once isint enough. Is he right ? I think that sounds crazy. I have a grow tent not a grow room. But I am desperatly hoping that someone with experience can give me some advice. Thos tent is in the basement and the whole house stinks. Please help !
20140424_1911341.jpg

Re: odor issues please help !!!!

I agree with the guy at the hydro store about putting the filter outside the room. Worst case scenario is that you don't completely get rid of the skunk in the house but you can make your stuff smell fresh again with one of these bad boys for only $60. I have the 7000mg/hr unit and it will take the stank out of a hog barn. Don't breath the ozone or let your plants come in contact either. Good luck.

Amazon - Basic Build Odor Removal Shock Treatment Ozone Generator

Burn a Incense Stick in your tent and move it around by hand and watch where smoke is being sucked in. I would bet you are getting by pass air from light and that would smell your house up. If you see smoke being sucked in threw light you will have to find a way to seal it and any where else you see smoke being sucked in besides filter. Good luck and let me know if that was the problem.

You could look into a small ozone generator, I think they run around 100$.

Also another scrubber wouldn't be a bad idea, but is there a way you can vent your tent's air output, outside?

Or if thats not possible, is there a way you can put a fan on a window and blow air out of the room your tent exhaust is in?

Maybe moving your scrubber up to the top of your tent might help. As we all know hot air rises, so maybe the hot "weed smelling" air is just sitting at the top of your tent and maybe slowly leaking out? not sure but just a suggestion.

Another idea is this... run your light venting on a separate fan than your scrubber, turn down the fan speed to medium on the scrubber, maybe drawing the air slower through your scrubber is not allowing it to filter properly? not sure but another thought.

You have 3 options really, vent the smell outside, mask the smell with products like ona and other fragarences, or third trap the smell, use another scrubber outside of your tent on a separate fan just to filter the room air, carbon traps the smell.

Hope this helps.

oh and another thing now I looked at your pic again. By you having fan on filter like that you are now running a positive pressure exhaust system witch is more prone to have leaks inside tent then if you would have fan out side tent then you would have a negative pressure exhaust system. You could also run a second smaller filter out side tent on the end of exhaust line and air would push threw it and be filtered twice. I would do the smoke test to see if you got leaks first that you are knowing about.

I like the idea of adding an extra carbon filter on the end of exaust. Im going to buy a small one and hang it in the tent. And ill put the large one on the outside. I did check the light for leaks and air is pushing out. But even with air pushing out it still is in the tent which means it will be filtered again.

Take CO's advice. I had a similar problem. If there is any air leaking from the lights, it will cause your tent to blow up and blow the smells out in to your house if your exhaust isn't running at all times. If the exhaust is running, and your lights are leaking into the tent, the air being removed should be filtered. If not, the problem might be: Raise your carbon filter to the top of the tent. Dial the exhaust fan down a bit to allow the scrubber to clean the air better. If its none of those, then you might have to get another carbon filter for the end of the vented exhaust. Force it through on its way out for a second scrubbing. You should be just fine with that! But thats just my two cents. Im just a newbie going off what I have learned in my short growing career.

once the air comes out of the carbon make a tall thin chamber for the air and place an ozone generator in it that is way cheaper than another carbon pack. the other options are home built and only half as effective

Ozone generator = dangerous. Carbon filter = worth the money

Back
Top Bottom