OG Kush Dinafem - Harvest soon?

weroug

420 Member
hello guys, this is my og kush from dinafem seeds day 64 flowering, some advice would be nice to make the right decision about harvesting, here are some pics, also i found like 3 bananas in 1 of the 3 plants i have, do i need to cut it and get it out of the indoor?
the seeds bank time says 55 days indoor flowering time

I find trichome photos difficult to evaluate. What looks glassy to me in a photo may look milky to you with a loupe. I'd suggest getting the plants outdoors under bright sun if you can and then carefully examining the trichs with a very steady lens (i.e. not swaying around trying to keep the view in focus). If most of the trichs are looking cloudy, most folks would say it's about time...

I'd say upload the pics here 1st
here are the pics uploaded to the site
IMG_249126.jpg
IMG_249017.jpg
IMG_248826.jpg
IMG_248425.jpg
IMG_248522.jpg
IMG_248626.jpg
IMG_248327.jpg

edit: thanks for the replies guys

How tall is that main cola and what light are you using? I'm just wanting to know because I want buds like that! Haha. I would final flush and give them a few more days, then 48-72 hours of complete darkness then harvest

Just out of curiosity, what is the two or three days of darkness for?

Big area of contention, some say it increases resin where as others say it's an old wives tale. Up to you to try and see if the placebo effect works ;-)

I honestly don't know if you get more resin or not, I simply do it for a smoother smoke. I mean it makes sense, darkness allows the breakdown of chlorophyll which gives you a better smoke. And I found this online.

"The Stichting Institute of Medical marijuana (SIMM), the first company to sell marijuana through the pharmacies of Holland, has been investigating the medical possibilities of cannabis, together with TNO laboratories and the University of Leiden.

One of their discoveries has been that to keep the ripe plants in the dark before harvesting could increase their potency.SIMM’s growers separated a crop of mature plants, harvested half of them and kept the other half in absolute darkness for 72 hours before cutting and drying. Analysis of the resulting dried buds showed that some varieties had seen an increase of THC of up to 30%, while CBD and CBN remained the same."

How tall is that main cola and what light are you using? I'm just wanting to know because I want buds like that! Haha. I would final flush and give them a few more days, then 48-72 hours of complete darkness then harvest

Hey! the main cola is 9 inches and im using an electronic ballast with a 400w hps, and i used a 400 mh bulb for veg, thanks for the recommendation, i think im going to try it with atleast 1 on them, ty and good luck!

I honestly don't know if you get more resin or not, I simply do it for a smoother smoke. I mean it makes sense, darkness allows the breakdown of chlorophyll which gives you a better smoke. And I found this online.

"The Stichting Institute of Medical marijuana (SIMM), the first company to sell marijuana through the pharmacies of Holland, has been investigating the medical possibilities of cannabis, together with TNO laboratories and the University of Leiden.

One of their discoveries has been that to keep the ripe plants in the dark before harvesting could increase their potency.SIMM's growers separated a crop of mature plants, harvested half of them and kept the other half in absolute darkness for 72 hours before cutting and drying. Analysis of the resulting dried buds showed that some varieties had seen an increase of THC of up to 30%, while CBD and CBN remained the same."

Always love reading throw random journals and finding jewels like this! Did this my 1st grow. But I found a bud after I went to clean to set up for this current grow and it looks like a diamond!!!! I'm thinking of doing @ least five days and splitting the stems as well.

You're grow looks amazing

Back
Top Bottom