OG Kush, New Here!

baracuda

Hello guys, I just wanted to say hi and post my grow! It's a Og Kush, 6 weeks veg, and now 38 days of flower, dinafem seeds. It's my 2nd time and I want to get opinions and comments!

2 Bucket size 20lt

My only concern , except that are 20 more days, my buds aren't really fat , I work on 400W Metal Halide on veg and HPS on flower. Also I give them Biothrive Bloom and Biothrive Veg organics. On 30day I bough also Top Max Flower Stimulation.
I see very fat yields out there, do they spend more time on veg + more watts , or is it something else?

28days:
28days21.jpg
28days11.jpg
28days2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
38days:
IMG_96854.jpg
IMG_96833.jpg
IMG_96673.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any "pro" tips would be appreciated really really much :) :420:

Your garden looks great! Nice and healthy plants. Your 400W should be plenty for 2 plants as well as 6 weeks is a good veg time in my opinion. That's enough time to pull a decent yield and not to long that your grow takes forever to complete. I wouldn't be worried about the size just yet. Once they hit the mid to late time of their budding cycle you will start seeing them fill in and plump up. They look right on pace and nice and robust good job. Also strain is going to play a huge part on yield just as much if not more then the other factors. Maybe trying for a larger yielding strain on your next run.

Looking good buddy & don't worry they'll get bigger in no time! go easy with the extra nutes, during flower the plants can't recover as quickly if something goes wrong.
:goodjob:

Day 44 continued:

day44_1.jpg
day44_2.jpg
day44_3.jpg
day44_4.jpg
day44_5.jpg
day44_7.jpg
DAY44_8.jpg

There are 17 days more, 1 week only water, will they get bigger now? I have figured out that I am not shaking the nutritient bottle before I apply, I think this is bad because the mix inside isn't as it had to be :/

​Cheers anyway!

The worst part of growing beautiful, delicious, intoxicating plants is running out. I dread the thought of my flower supply running out of my favorite stuff.

Ok, so I've just cut mine, SoCal hermied clone seed. First, are you growing yours from an original cut or it's some seedbank's version? Anyway, OG Kush doesn't like high RH, especially when she hits middle flowering. Little water will do as she doesn't grow big root, cause this trait was taken from Kush side. Try to provide more Ca/Mg and then dry her up by the end of flowering, literally cutting off water supply. I finished with 16 Brix plant that way.

0111060.jpg
021441.jpg
041141.jpg

Hello, nice work there! I am running dinafem seeds Og Kush as you can find in their site. I am giving them 1lt of water every 2-3 days , cause I want to supply nutritients as much as possible (I always check with my finger if they need water). Also 1lt in 20lt soil, every 2 days it's nice i think, they like it :)
I see you have cut some leaves to produce more thc?

Good luck with your yield :) Have a nice smoke there

A ok, so forget what I said as I don't know how much original genetics is in their version. Don't cut any leaves though, plants won't produce more THC that way. These are pre-harvest photos, and I usually take all the biggest fan leaves one day before chop, that's why they look so bare-boned :smokin:

A ok, so forget what I said as I don't know how much original genetics is in their version. Don't cut any leaves though, plants won't produce more THC that way. These are pre-harvest photos, and I usually take all the biggest fan leaves one day before chop, that's why they look so bare-boned :smokin:

Cutting big fan leaves one day before chop makes any difference?

It won't but it's easier on the manicuring later on.

Cutting off????
Hello again, I am in day 49 at the moment, the photos are day 48. I encounter the problem that I don't have a magnifying glass and can't see the trichromes, so I zoomed in with my camera. Also the thc and trichromes are different in each plant, the left one is definetly ahead. So can you tell me your opinion in cutting of the left one?
Day 48 continued:

day48_3.jpg

You can see the macro-comparison left vs right:
day48_1.jpg

The left plant ( the one that I am saying to cut down)
day48_7.jpg
day48_6.jpg

day48_2.jpg

And the right one:
day48_5.jpg
day48_4.jpg

I'd say a week more exactly will give you nice harvest.

I'd say a week more exactly will give you nice harvest.

x2. Give it another week. Also, if you aren't growing organic, then try adding some M.O.A.B. in weeks 2 and 6 if you want to fatten up your flowers, or maybe try back building (cut just the tip top off the buds) some say it will help fatten them up and give more bag appeal. I personally use a Kool bloom knock off called ka-bloom
Your buds are looking good though! Be happy, you made it!
GB80

x2. Give it another week. Also, if you aren't growing organic, then try adding some M.O.A.B. in weeks 2 and 6 if you want to fatten up your flowers, or maybe try back building (cut just the tip top off the buds) some say it will help fatten them up and give more bag appeal. I personally use a Kool bloom knock off called ka-bloom
Your buds are looking good though! Be happy, you made it!
GB80

Thank you guys for your time, I don't know where to find a loupe in my hometown. If I order from e.bay, it would be late 1-2 weeks I've checked...Also I run organic, as you asked guambomb80.

The thing is that in 1-1.5 week I need some buds because I go for a 3day trip camping, so I wanted to cut something for this time. Should I cut 1 chop or it will stress the plant?I consider cutting a top bud as guambomb80 said, but I don't know :S All these should have ended 1-2 weeks before, but they go really slow . Dinafem site is writting about Og Kush 54 days I think, so I am off programm :/ Also the temprature here is going really high everyday (30+ Celsius) and have a difficult time. Air condition is TOO expensive, don't event talk about it :p

No money, no honey ^^

Thank you guys for your time, I don't know where to find a loupe in my hometown. If I order from e.bay, it would be late 1-2 weeks I've checked...Also I run organic, as you asked guambomb80.

The thing is that in 1-1.5 week I need some buds because I go for a 3day trip camping, so I wanted to cut something for this time. Should I cut 1 chop or it will stress the plant?I consider cutting a top bud as guambomb80 said, but I don't know :S All these should have ended 1-2 weeks before, but they go really slow . Dinafem site is writting about Og Kush 54 days I think, so I am off programm :/ Also the temprature here is going really high everyday (30+ Celsius) and have a difficult time. Air condition is TOO expensive, don't event talk about it :p

No money, no honey ^^
You can chop anytime... your buds look pretty frosty so if you chopped today you would still have pretty good smoke, just might not be at its best. I don't wait full term usually as I like a bit more of an energetic buzz. I usually harvest when tric's are mostly cloudy with some clear and some amber. For my indica strains, I try to let them go over ripe with mostly amber tric's to help me sleep. A jewelers loupe would help you immensely to figure out when you want to harvest. But it's all personal opinion. If you need the smoke, I say chop it down and start drying, but if you just want a little, chop off a few buds to hold you over till the buds are ripe for your liking.
As for the back building technique, you just take the very tip off the buds and that is supposed to act like topping where the plant puts more energy into putting on weight to the bud. Never tried it. Look for it in the search function and there is a thread about it that might give you a little more info than I can provide.
Ultimately it is your decision, do what is right for you as far as harvests go. I don't go by breeders claims on harvest anymore, I just found them to be blowing smoke since people want a quick harvest, they fudge the times about a week or two anyway for more sales. Enjoy your smoke, sure looks good!
GB80

PROBLEM
Well I think this is from overheat, cause the last 2 days I haven't check and it was about 28Celcius at night...Also I thought my new air circulation system could handle it. Anyways that's the photos today, and I would like to say me what to do. I can stop the harvest now, I can continue without light for 2-3 days, I can continue and lift up the light. I don't know what else I can do , I need help!!!

day51_5.jpg
day51_4.jpg
day51_3.jpg
day51_2.jpg
day51_1.jpg
DAY51_6.jpg

Sorry for the loop of the camera, I forgot to change it for close photos :/
Crap!

Back
Top Bottom