OG Kush, New Here!

What is the daytime temps? Your night time temps are a bit high. When was the last time you watered them and what did you feed them and ph? You could raise the light and see if that helps. Do you have a fan in the grow area moving air over the plants? I figured that you were going to chop them already. If you want, you can put them in the dark for 24 to 36 hours then harvest if you don't want to deal with the heat anymore on this grow. I think they just want some water. Usually that's what it means when the leaves sag like that.

Thank for your words about the last post, really thank you :D Everything is good and up again.
I think we are getting to the end, what's your opinion? I have taken some close up photos so you have a better opinion :) Thank you already! Don't be afraid to tell what you think!I am really getting a hard time to find a loop :S
Day 53:

day53_1.jpg
day53_21.jpg
day53_3.jpg

Ans some close ups :
day53_4.jpg
day53_5.jpg
day53_6.jpg
day53_7.jpg

plants are looking good and those are some nice buds. good job!

if you have access to a credit/debit card, you might want to look at either Amazon or eBay for a jeweller's loupe. I bought a small, handheld 30x magnifying glass on Amazon for less than $7. it even has two LED lights on it - it works great. maybe you can try something like that?

I just found it. here is the exact magnifier that I purchased, if you'd like to see.
515Sko5Xl2L_SL1000_.jpg

good luck, baracuda!

Yes this looks ready to me

Beautiful Ladies! You did an awesome job of keeping the tops even, and they look nice and solid. Conradino23 how long before chop do you stop watering your OG?

Hello and thanks for your answers, I have used macro (the ones that I posted are with Macro) but no brown dots to be honest. I am just watering them now and in 4-5 days I will put them in dark for 2 days and we are done :) I will upload photos soon!

Hello and thanks for your answers, I have used macro (the ones that I posted are with Macro) but no brown dots to be honest. I am just watering them now and in 4-5 days I will put them in dark for 2 days and we are done :) I will upload photos soon!

Maybe you can do an experiment... don't harvest all, keep a few buds on a couple plants and wait until brown dots appear... then compare...

Maybe you can do an experiment... don't harvest all, keep a few buds on a couple plants and wait until brown dots appear... then compare...

Well nice idea, I can do that! I have 2 plants, so I will keep the one of them so you can get a report too :) Let's see! I will give nutritients tomorrow to one again :)

Thanks Fidel

Depending on what you personally want out of your smoke should determine when you want to harvest. If you are looking for an uplifting high, harvest early when most tricombs are cloudy with some clear and amber. If you want a more stoned feeling with some energetic high then harvest when 90% are cloudy and 10% amber. If you want to be seriously stoned with couch lock and pass out afterwards then harvest when about 50% are cloudy and 50% amber. The more amber tricombs you have the more sleep you will get out of your smoke. While sometimes it is needed and wanted, if this is something you are going to be smoking all the time then you will want to stage your harvesting so you can somewhat predict what you will be feeling when you smoke... if that makes sense?

Depending on what you personally want out of your smoke should determine when you want to harvest. If you are looking for an uplifting high, harvest early when most tricombs are cloudy with some clear and amber. If you want a more stoned feeling with some energetic high then harvest when 90% are cloudy and 10% amber. If you want to be seriously stoned with couch lock and pass out afterwards then harvest when about 50% are cloudy and 50% amber. The more amber tricombs you have the more sleep you will get out of your smoke. While sometimes it is needed and wanted, if this is something you are going to be smoking all the time then you will want to stage your harvesting so you can somewhat predict what you will be feeling when you smoke... if that makes sense?

Well the best thing to do I think , because I smoke only at nights is to have boths I think. In my place you can't find what weed you want, uplifting or stoned..and that's a bad thing. To say the truth, I haven't find a big difference in my wield against uplifting and stoned :S Maybe I will try it now as you told me, is there a big difference like you are saying in just a week time?

Thanks for your answer :)

Sometimes a week can make a great difference. If you mostly smoke at night, I would say to harvest some now to get more of heady buzz and wait a week or two and check to see the tricombs to see if they are mostly cloudy and amber. Now, thc converts to cbn the longer you wait to harvest. CBN is what makes you sleepy after you smoke and if half or more tricombs are amber that is the effect your meds will have. If it was my plants ( I'm growing og kush also) I plan on harvesting this really late. I want to make nighttime oil to help me relax and sleep, plus more CBN helps with my migraines, so I will wait till most of the tricombs are amber. My sativa dominant plants, I plan to harvest a little earlier. When most are cloudy and some still clear and amber. Those will be used for a daytime oil to get me going in the morning. I assume you have taken a tester bud or two already (if not, good for you!) So if you have, and you liked the way you felt, then I say harvest if you want. If you wanted to have a more intense medicated feeling, the only real way to get that is to wait and check the tricombs every few days. They will also degrade some after harvest so knowing how your strain reacts after harvest also comes in handy. Hope this helped and didn't cause any more confusion. Ultimately it will be your medicine, and you are the only one who knows what you want out of it. Use your best judgment and harvest when you feel the time is right. At this point, you have made it to harvest and had a successful grow so be proud of that! Some first or seccond time growers don't get that far! Good luck! I'll be waiting for a smoke report. :)
GB80

Hello, I checked the trichromes on the left plant again they were 90%-10%, so I decided to take it off for 3-4 days in dark and chop it. The other one is 100%amber and I decided to take it to 50%-50% to be more stoned, so I left it as it was. Here are some photos in 3-4 days of complete dark I will chop it.

Day 58:

The one that is in dark
day58_7.jpg
day58_4.png
day58_3.png
day58_5.png
day58_6.png
day58_1.jpg
day58_9.png

Both before I get the left out
day58_21.jpg

Cheers! I am very proud of the harvest already and really thank your for your help!

Congratulations! That should be some good smoke!
If you got one that is completely amber then you need to chop it now. The longer it stays in the ground the more the tricombs will degrade. I'm not sure about the dark cycle before chop, but I have seen people do it. You would be best to just chop the amber plant and skip the dark cycle in my opinion. You can't make them go 50/50 because the amber color is at its ripest. Think of it like a tomatoe.
Green tomatoe= clear tricombs
Red ripe tomatoe=cloudy tricombs and some amber
Red soft over ripe tomatoe=amber tricombs
Take care and happy 4th!
GB80

Hello people, just took off the second plant yesterday , day 65. You can see some pictures bellow.
The first plant was hanged up for 4 days in the dark etc, and when I put it in the jar it was 47% on hegrometer. I don't know why, but that made it to lost a lot of weight and made it too loose, not solid enough when you catch it. Now I keep it inside the jar and wait to see if anything changes.
The taste is pretty amazing, even now (imagine after curing!), not enough potency to be honest, 20-30g per plant in 20lit for 3 months organic.Hmm that's all! Wait for your comment and advises for the 2nd plant, if anything can be changed :)

1st Plant, chopped down before 5 days
last_1.jpg
last_22.jpg
last_3.jpg
last_4.png

2nd plant
last_6.jpg
last_7.jpg
last_8.jpg
last_10.jpg
last_9.jpg

If anyone could help to avoid the situtation with the weight loss and solidness loss I would be really greatfull, because days are passing and I don't know what really happened. If it's my mistake somewhere:/
Thank you :D

Congratulations on your harvest, but I think you chopped too early.

Breeder recommendations of flowering days are a guide only.

Never judge by trichomes on the top sugar leaves, as they degrade (go amber) first.

Don't do the, "in the dark for 3-4 days" thing next time.

Congratulations on your harvest, but I think you chopped too early.

Breeder recommendations of flowering days are a guide only.

Never judge by trichomes on the top sugar leaves, as they degrade (go amber) first.

Don't do the, "in the dark for 3-4 days" thing next time.

Which trichomes does one look at when deciding when to chop, if not the top cola's sugar leaves?

Man, I must have been highly medicated when I was replying to you. I just went back and noticed the sugar leaves were what you were talking about bieng amber. I guess i completely missed the pics before. Richard Richardson is correct, don't judge the sugar leaves. I apologize for the bad advice and for not paying closer attention. Good catch R.R. + reps for you both

Back
Top Bottom