Old G's New Auto Grow

I have 2 blue dream auto and 2 skittles auto, I have 3 2 gallon pots 1 I think it might be a gallon, I planted in ffof . I’m using bat guano and I have Jack’s bloom mix. I’m using 1000w led that draws 140 actual watts. I’m growing in a closet that I don’t use. I’m growing 19/5 , temperatures are usually 70degrees and humidity is 65. The one blue dream in the too wet pot is lighter green than the others, although the base looks thicker and stronger and the leaves seem droopy.
Today I fed bat guano and alittle Jacks , plants look ok I guess. You guys tell me, you know I went from 1 plant to 4, I think I made it harder on myself

30A3B7B0-ECA8-4096-B639-46BA36F470A2.jpeg

1B7186D1-CC94-4140-8860-6A58523A6403.jpeg
When I started I had about 100 seeds germinated, all died except 3. I planted them and now I'm down to one....so I'm glad I started with more as now I'm down to a single plant. I would just watch them.. mine were doing all kinds of funny things wilting, drooping, light colored.. but it worked it self out... So stay positive :)

When I started I had about 100 seeds germinated, all died except 3. I planted them and now I'm down to one....so I'm glad I started with more as now I'm down to a single plant. I would just watch them.. mine were doing all kinds of funny things wilting, drooping, light colored.. but it worked it self out... So stay positive :)
Reference photos.

IMG_20210911_064233875.jpg

IMG_20210929_154328654.jpg

IMG_20210829_145746349.jpg

IMG_20210929_154322105.jpg

IMG_20210929_154609560.jpg

My plants are straightened out an hour after I added nutes, their definitely turning a healthier shade of green. I’ll get it figured out. They look good to me anyway, they looked very frail and unhealthy when they broke soil until 2 days ago, which was day 9

Reference photos.

They looked like mine until someone told me to lower my lite, they were stretching towards the lite. I added soil and lowered the lite and they look much better

Hi morda, new member here. So interesting set up... Are those PVC pipes in the dirt to allow air flow or is that kind of like a feeding port? When I started mine I used a bunch of straws cut to reach about half way through my pots for air flow....idk if it works but I did it any ways And sorry another question, what is the reflective backing your using?
It is kind of a two fold answer, They are what are called wicking pots. Below the soil is a reservoir for water. You can water and feed through the tube or from the top. I used cut up 2ltr bottles for the reservoir.

wickbucket-01.jpg

I put holes in the bottles about a inch down from the top (4) and put holes in the bucket about the same height. Then add the tube on the bottle with no cap and fill with soil.
wickbucket-02.jpg

You need an air space for the water to wick up properly. I learned it from an old guy named Leon he explains the concept very well.

I used them out side so I would have less watering to do and the rain would drain off on its own. This is the first time I have used them indoors. There are many ways you can make them. This is just one way. If you want you can check out on Journal (Link In my Sig) where I'm using them.

My plants are straightened out an hour after I added nutes, their definitely turning a healthier shade of green. I’ll get it figured out. They look good to me anyway, they looked very frail and unhealthy when they broke soil until 2 days ago, which was day 9
You're doing fine Old g - they will go from strength to strength as the roots develop and put out more foliage

Happy to hear...my girls are a week behind you....starting days 3 and 4...I use a tent so I have more room but I use these pots and then end in 3 gl for my autos which I think I told you already...they started a half dose of seedling nutrients last night at 2 days old...they will move up to the full seedling dose at day 7 or at the 2nd set of true leaves...we can grow together and help each other along the way! Happy yours are doing better!! Hope you're having a good day!

20211104_053226.jpg

20211104_053850.jpg

20211104_053743.jpg

20211104_053625.jpg

20211104_053428.jpg

20211104_053012.jpg

20211104_052643.jpg

20211103_163036.jpg

Man beautiful set up, you use those for autos. I’m sure u get a nice yield. What’s growing in all the plastic cups, do you plant all those in the 2 buckets . Shit I have that many seeds , I’m in the same amount of space. I’m trying to learn to get the maximum yield I can , that setup is beautiful
Have a look at my Journal, it is my first indoor grow. :) There are seeds in the cups, only 4 sprouted and are now in Quart size containers. One thing a lot people say is with autos is to start them in the final container. Transplanting stresses them too much. Mine are Photo not auto. there are others than can help better with the autos.

Happy to hear...my girls are a week behind you....starting days 3 and 4...I use a tent so I have more room but I use these pots and then end in 3 gl for my autos which I think I told you already...they started a half dose of seedling nutrients last night at 2 days old...they will move up to the full seedling dose at day 7 or at the 2nd set of true leaves...we can grow together and help each other along the way! Happy yours are doing better!! Hope you're having a good day!

20211104_053226.jpg

20211104_053850.jpg

20211104_053743.jpg

20211104_053625.jpg

20211104_053428.jpg

20211104_053012.jpg

20211104_052643.jpg

20211103_163036.jpg
They look great, I had my lite too far away at first, they stretched .Yours look beautiful, and the stem looks really sturdy. I wish I had the room to grow like you , you have a nice setup. Do these look ok for day 11.

925030B5-53E6-4199-95E5-DB4A20BEA354.jpeg

Reference photos.

I did the same thing years ago when I started out. I just wanted to grow as many as I could. It was a if I start a bunch one should make it thing. LOL I have pics somewhere on a CD. ;)

Have a look at my Journal, it is my first indoor grow. :) There are seeds in the cups, only 4 sprouted and are now in Quart size containers. One thing a lot people say is with autos is to start them in the final container. Transplanting stresses them too much. Mine are Photo not auto. there are others than can help better with the autos.
Wow your journal is awesome, your plants look awesome. I thought I researched a lot, your lite years ahead of me. Very impressive

Yes they do. Once they dry out and you get them started on a regular feed schedule, they will be fine. You can see their coloring is better like you mentioned...I'm glad...you know what I started off like this in June...I was under a table with this round..had to keep jacking up the table with a car jack and sticking wood blocks under the legs. I had regular old grow lights I had my fellow throw into a 6 bulb fixture for me. I ran like that for 2 months...girls will do as well as you treat them with what you have provided for them...granted I am much happier with the two tent set up I have now and the nice lights and all that jazz, but coming from someone who grew with nothing...you got this

20210707_145157.jpg

20210709_172955.jpg

20210710_183643.jpg

And I'm just a noob too! There are folks here light years ahead of me. Take your time and listen to these folks they are here to help. I can be thick headed sometimes and regret it later. I have had to humble myself a few times. LOL It's all good I'm here to learn too.

And I'm just a noob too! There are folks here light years ahead of me. Take your time and listen to these folks they are here to help. I can be thick headed sometimes and regret it later. I have had to humble myself a few times. LOL It's all good I'm here to learn too.
100%

Yes they do. Once they dry out and you get them started on a regular feed schedule, they will be fine. You can see their coloring is better like you mentioned...I'm glad...you know what I started off like this in June...I was under a table with this round..had to keep jacking up the table with a car jack and sticking wood blocks under the legs. I had regular old grow lights I had my fellow throw into a 6 bulb fixture for me. I ran like that for 2 months...girls will do as well as you treat them with what you have provided for them...granted I am much happier with the two tent set up I have now and the nice lights and all that jazz, but coming from someone who grew with nothing...you got this

20210707_145157.jpg

20210709_172955.jpg

20210710_183643.jpg
Lamo, I found one in my med pot, I planted it in a plastic cup. I used dirt from my outside garden, wrong, then used miracle gro. Wrong again, finally transplanted into ffof . Started with an 8 watt gro lite which I bought 3 more w desk lamp from Walmart dropped the lites and broke the stem , battled spider mites throughout my grow . Ended up with 2 ozs of really awesome weed, can’t believe I got that. Lmao
I got a decent lite and got good seeds , I’m hoping this grow is productive

Lamo, I found one in my med pot, I planted it in a plastic cup. I used dirt from my outside garden, wrong, then used miracle gro. Wrong again, finally transplanted into ffof . Started with an 8 watt gro lite which I bought 3 more w desk lamp from Walmart dropped the lites and broke the stem , battled spider mites throughout my grow . Ended up with 2 ozs of really awesome weed, can’t believe I got that. Lmao

I think you're off to a much better start G....that's great though...learning process yanno

LOL You just mentioned every mistake all of us have made. When it comes to lighting, I did the same Until I won my current light from @ParfactWorks. I was using a 9" round florescent goose neck lamp to start seeds... I'm in growers heaven now! :rofl: Pests are still an ongoing issue for us all. I hate Thrips and Aphids... Creepy little devils.

LOL You just mentioned every mistake all of us have made. When it comes to lighting, I did the same Until I won my current light from @ParfactWorks. I was using a 9" round florescent goose neck lamp to start seeds... I'm in growers heaven now! :rofl: Pests are still an ongoing issue for us all. I hate Thrips and Aphids... Creepy little devils.
Freaking spider mites seem to have found me again, I hate those little bastards. I’m on them this time, I’m spraying every 4 days until flower.
Your lite setup is really awesome, someday I’ll be so lucky. It seems we all start out with nothing and if your really into it we find a way. This really isn’t easy at all, it’s constant maintenance,but when the ladies start flowering it’s so worth it. There’s just so much to learn and I’m definitely in the infancy stage , I think I’m progressing and then I see your setup , not even close yet. That’s ok though because the more I learn the better my yields and quality will be. It’s just something I really wanna master, last grow I finally got smart and duct taped my lites down, what a setup lol . Now my lite hangs and I don’t have to worry, I have no doubt I’m gonna do something, part of the learning process

Freaking spider mites seem to have found me again, I hate those little bastards. I’m on them this time, I’m spraying every 4 days until flower.
Your lite setup is really awesome, someday I’ll be so lucky. It seems we all start out with nothing and if your really into it we find a way. This really isn’t easy at all, it’s constant maintenance,but when the ladies start flowering it’s so worth it. There’s just so much to learn and I’m definitely in the infancy stage , I think I’m progressing and then I see your setup , not even close yet. That’s ok though because the more I learn the better my yields and quality will be. It’s just something I really wanna master, last grow I finally got smart and duct taped my lites down, what a setup lol . Now my lite hangs and I don’t have to worry, I have no doubt I’m gonna do something, part of the learning process
Oh god The Borg *Shivers I dread the day I have to deal with those nasty creatures! I can only Thank our sponsors and @ParfactWorks for my light setup. I love this light I could not have afforded it otherwise. Get active in the contests and you too may get a nice light or other nice stuff. Mars Hydro has one going right now that has some awesome prizes.

You will get there, just keep reading journals and searching 420 mag for ideas and solutions. Not to mention the fantastic members willing to help out with questions. Just be willing to learn and change things your doing wrong, even if you think you doing it right, and you will get there faster than you think.

Oh god The Borg *Shivers I dread the day I have to deal with those nasty creatures! I can only Thank our sponsors and @ParfactWorks for my light setup. I love this light I could not have afforded it otherwise. Get active in the contests and you too may get a nice light or other nice stuff. Mars Hydro has one going right now that has some awesome prizes.

You will get there, just keep reading journals and searching 420 mag for ideas and solutions. Not to mention the fantastic members willing to help out with questions. Just be willing to learn and change things your doing wrong, even if you think you doing it right, and you will get there faster than you think.
Thank you much appreciated, I only get frustrated because I have to work with what I have which I’m kinda limited right now. Hopefully I’ll keep adding bigger and better things and keep getting better results. Absolutely the members are very helpful in here. This grow I got good seeds and I upgraded my lite, I have to build a tent in my closet, that’s my next project . I know I’m at maybe 15% of knowledge, it makes it more fun because it’s challenging and for me therapeutic, I’ve had a really rough last 6 years and this is a godsend

Back
Top Bottom