Old G's New Auto Grow

3 gl is actually pretty preferable for autos. But I see you have little space and you're working with what you have! You don't have to take my advice at all, there are specified nutrient dosages for this particular stage, is all I'm saying if you would like to look into it. I begin my seedling doses after their first week as they begin to show me signs that they are hungry and continue that dose through week 2 before beginning full strength. I also grow autos so I have some familiarity and I'm only trying to help! Best of luck, you are doing your research and you're in the best place to do so!
I know your trying to help, I don’t have the space and I definitely don’t have room for 5 gallon pots.Space is why I grew auto flowers, I wish I had the space and the money to invest in a serious grow. I just grew a white widow under 3 7 watt gro lites, I only got 2 ozs and I know I woulda gotten a lot more if I had real lites, I invested in a 1000led and it’s hard to tell the strength I should have the lites on and the distance.
I thought autos would be easy to grow and so far their not , they grow too fast , these plants have sprouted 6 new leaves in 2 days. I wet the soil before I planted the seedlings and I used too much water , I didn’t factor in that the weather is much cooler and the water isn’t evaporated really at all. Don’t mind me I’m just frustrated, I’m also using the method of growing plants close to each other for a better yield as I don’t have the room for the SOG method.
I swear I’ve had spider mites already and sprayed twice. The marijuana gods are making me work for my crop that’s for damn sure

3 gl is actually pretty preferable for autos. But I see you have little space and you're working with what you have! You don't have to take my advice at all, there are specified nutrient dosages for this particular stage, is all I'm saying if you would like to look into it. I begin my seedling doses after their first week as they begin to show me signs that they are hungry and continue that dose through week 2 before beginning full strength. I also grow autos so I have some familiarity and I'm only trying to help! Best of luck, you are doing your research and you're in the best place to do so!
So I should use nutrients at this stage already, what just a small dose, when I put the bat guano on them an hour later the leaves were straight up. Guess I’ll just put alittle on and see what happens, I had had a vision of a lot of buds this grow, doesn’t seem that’s gonna happen

I know your trying to help, I don’t have the space and I definitely don’t have room for 5 gallon pots.Space is why I grew auto flowers, I wish I had the space and the money to invest in a serious grow. I just grew a white widow under 3 7 watt gro lites, I only got 2 ozs and I know I woulda gotten a lot more if I had real lites, I invested in a 1000led and it’s hard to tell the strength I should have the lites on and the distance.
I thought autos would be easy to grow and so far their not , they grow too fast , these plants have sprouted 6 new leaves in 2 days. I wet the soil before I planted the seedlings and I used too much water , I didn’t factor in that the weather is much cooler and the water isn’t evaporated really at all. Don’t mind me I’m just frustrated, I’m also using the method of growing plants close to each other for a better yield as I don’t have the room for the SOG method.
I swear I’ve had spider mites already and sprayed twice. The marijuana gods are making me work for my crop that’s for damn sure
I understand, it's ok!!!! The frustrations of a grow can pile up buddy!!! I don't use 5 for my autos a lot do, 3 is just enough..the lights are a big factor in yield but let me tell you, I went from the bottom up with 60-W grow bulbs to a fixture I threw 6 of them on to 1 decent light to two decent lights...from under a table that got jacked up to one tent to two tents to now a third and had to dismantle one for space. What I'm getting at, is I have grown as you AR growing and empathize with your headaches!!
Yes, I wet the soil on transplant also, sometimes you do a little too much...this weather is something...70 one day and it's 35 here right now. My grow room is an addition not attached to my central air or oil heat so it's radiant heat in the winter and an AC unit in the summer. My tents have different lights so different heat is given off and run at different temps. There's even a tree frog in that room now so I have to keep conditions good for him too smh it's a lot to manage!
Even with my big tent, I'm looking for ways to give myself more space as I don't do SOG even with my space...I just did some cropping last night to get light more evenly distributed amongst them because they are all side by side...remember, 2 oz is better than 0 ounces!!! Patience is a virtue and I know, you wanna smack the person who came up with that! But it's true and very true in gardening, especially with marijuana. Autos man, can be tricky! Some people don't like them at all! It gives off the wrong impression right, automatically do everything and do it fast...well yea but you gotta keep up along the way...that is what they don't tell ya...keep your head up man, I know it's a lot and is can be mind numbing at times. Feel free to reach out even if you just want to vent about your growing woes! If you don't want to make it public, private message me and you can bullshit all you want! I'm here to help you and help myself. Please lmk if I can do anything and you will be fine!!! I promise, just bare with the process for right now!

So I should use nutrients at this stage already, what just a small dose, when I put the bat guano on them an hour later the leaves were straight up. Guess I’ll just put alittle on and see what happens, I had had a vision of a lot of buds this grow, doesn’t seem that’s gonna happen
Start in week 2 if that makes you more comfortable-I use FFOF because of the bat guano...castings also add some usable Calcium without giving nutes, which I'm sure you know adding the bat guano already...The containers always have a seedling chart dosage..it's usually like 1/4 of the dose, at least it was with FF nutes. I'm on Prescription Blend now so they have a specialized 6 blend formula for different stages of development. My seedlings (I will have 7 total in a couple days) will receive just it's CORE A and CORE B which is basically nitrogen and your primary nutrients for life...week 3 they switch to a more formulated dose, adding in 3 more of their supplements. I know, so much for such a little plant at first! Like why! But it just aids in all that stuff you want later-heavier, more resonated buds that will give you the most bang for your buck!!!

I understand, it's ok!!!! The frustrations of a grow can pile up buddy!!! I don't use 5 for my autos a lot do, 3 is just enough..the lights are a big factor in yield but let me tell you, I went from the bottom up with 60-W grow bulbs to a fixture I threw 6 of them on to 1 decent light to two decent lights...from under a table that got jacked up to one tent to two tents to now a third and had to dismantle one for space. What I'm getting at, is I have grown as you AR growing and empathize with your headaches!!
Yes, I wet the soil on transplant also, sometimes you do a little too much...this weather is something...70 one day and it's 35 here right now. My grow room is an addition not attached to my central air or oil heat so it's radiant heat in the winter and an AC unit in the summer. My tents have different lights so different heat is given off and run at different temps. There's even a tree frog in that room now so I have to keep conditions good for him too smh it's a lot to manage!
Even with my big tent, I'm looking for ways to give myself more space as I don't do SOG even with my space...I just did some cropping last night to get light more evenly distributed amongst them because they are all side by side...remember, 2 oz is better than 0 ounces!!! Patience is a virtue and I know, you wanna smack the person who came up with that! But it's true and very true in gardening, especially with marijuana. Autos man, can be tricky! Some people don't like them at all! It gives off the wrong impression right, automatically do everything and do it fast...well yea but you gotta keep up along the way...that is what they don't tell ya...keep your head up man, I know it's a lot and is can be mind numbing at times. Feel free to reach out even if you just want to vent about your growing woes! If you don't want to make it public, private message me and you can bullshit all you want! I'm here to help you and help myself. Please lmk if I can do anything and you will be fine!!! I promise, just bare with the process for right now!
They look much better today, yesterday they looked droopy . These plants grow so fast it’s hard to keep up. I haven’t watered in a couple days, so hopefully their getting drier and taking in nutrients better. My photo plant I had all the time I needed, I broke branches battled spider mites, it was nonstop but I had time to correct everything, these plants grow so fast if I make a mistake I feel I’m not gonna get a real yield . So I’m trying not to screw up.
Thank you I really appreciate the help, the reason I can’t feed them really is because I can’t put anymore water on them, I gotta wait a few days.Or I’m gonna drown them. Again thank you , it’ll all be worth it in the long run

C3F37504-735A-470A-BC3A-526CD5CE1D68.jpeg

42421566-85EE-4DC9-BDF1-7FC6A8A357CA.jpeg

The one plant is in a way too small pot, I germinated 4 seeds thinking they all wouldn’t pop, they did so I have to get a bigger pot for her.I’m hoping the chillier weather will let my plants get the colored leaves and blue buds, I’ve never tried blue dream or skittles before, I’m looking forward to it, I’ve got just enough room for these 4 plants in the closet I’m using if they get much bigger than 3 feet I’m in trouble lol, this is a never ending learning process that’s for sure

They look much better today, yesterday they looked droopy . These plants grow so fast it’s hard to keep up. I haven’t watered in a couple days, so hopefully their getting drier and taking in nutrients better. My photo plant I had all the time I needed, I broke branches battled spider mites, it was nonstop but I had time to correct everything, these plants grow so fast if I make a mistake I feel I’m not gonna get a real yield . So I’m trying not to screw up.
Thank you I really appreciate the help, the reason I can’t feed them really is because I can’t put anymore water on them, I gotta wait a few days.Or I’m gonna drown them. Again thank you , it’ll all be worth it in the long run

C3F37504-735A-470A-BC3A-526CD5CE1D68.jpeg

42421566-85EE-4DC9-BDF1-7FC6A8A357CA.jpeg

They do look better...yes. always better to under water...Can't take that water back lol...ugh no spider mites but gnats...I hate them!!! Ughhh Mosquito Dunks and insecticidal soap but I called in the troops and ordered 300 ladybugs-they'll be here in a few days...let those girls handle it
The one plant is in a way too small pot, I germinated 4 seeds thinking they all wouldn’t pop, they did so I have to get a bigger pot for her.I’m hoping the chillier weather will let my plants get the colored leaves and blue buds, I’ve never tried blue dream or skittles before, I’m looking forward to it, I’ve got just enough room for these 4 plants in the closet I’m using if they get much bigger than 3 feet I’m in trouble lol, this is a never ending learning process that’s for sure
Hahah well hurray 4 plants! You know if you're 2 days apart or 3 it's no big deal with autos if u wanna drop one then another after u see or don't see it germed...autos are fast but they are resilient...don't go crazy thinking if u don't catch it quick it will ruin everything, it won't-just seems like it at the time...I'm getting more comfortable with my mistakes every day because I learn from them...blue dream my top 5 all time...I'm excited for you, someone else just asked for an opinion on what strain to get and I said that-good choice! Most autos level between 24 and 36 inches...I think you're golden as much as you can be buddy!

Topping when node 3 is big enough to handle will usually keep the plants to 30" or so
If they do start bolt LST them as soon as possible, X shape
Water less in volume but more frequently - water will naturally disperse perfectly in coco
A very light dressing of blood/fish/bone dry amendment may be beneficial - she needs feeding asap
If your coco is already a bit wet, kitchen towel under the pot can quickly pull out any excess water
She'll go crazy and green up once the roots get a grip within a week or so

I gave a lite dusting of bat guano this morning, they love it. I’m using fox farms soil ,I shouldn’t use nutrients for a couple weeks right or not. The bat guano won’t hurt right. My first grow was a photo white widow, I think it was 7 months before I harvested , these are growing at warp speed, I wanna get a decent yield so I don’t wanna fuck it up, any advice greatly appreciated
Hey old g, so I'm new to growing myself but I had noticed that you were unsure of nutrients...I was the same way...BUT... I used diced banana peels, egg shells, coffee grounds, Epson salt, and bone meal for an all natural kinda compost as I went soil mix. Once I saw she was healthy I added more soil and started a light nutrient schedule. I'm kind of experimenting as I go but I'm sure a little of any thing wouldn't hurt them :) I've never done autos so I'll be watching the grow. Nice start!

Topping when node 3 is big enough to handle will usually keep the plants to 30" or so
If they do start bolt LST them as soon as possible, X shape
Water less in volume but more frequently - water will naturally disperse perfectly in coco
A very light dressing of blood/fish/bone dry amendment may be beneficial - she needs feeding asap
If your coco is already a bit wet, kitchen towel under the pot can quickly pull out any excess water
She'll go crazy and green up once the roots get a grip within a week or so
Awesome thank you I’ll try the towel, I obviously put more water than needed. They seem to be drying abit, their turning a darker green so I’m thinking the nutrients are getting into the plants

Just for the record since I don't think I've seen anyone mention it yet.
For "autoflowers" when in doubt about nutrients always err on the side of less.

In general, most autoflowers are more sensitive to well basically everything but one is they do not like over feeding.
That’s what I’m doing. I kept reading how auto flowers are for dummies, yea uh uh, the one plant has 2 new sets of leaves in one day, I need another day to let the pots dry alittle more and I’m gonna add nutes and guano. At least with my white widow it was a piece of cake, everything was slow. These plants are on fast forward lol , holy shit

I dunno if autos need to be treated all that differently. Im growing in coots mix now though. Autos vary in size and nute requirements just like photos.

If I had limited space I would just grow photos and flip really early since you can control the size. I don't think autos are easier they are a pain in the you know what in my opinion. I really like autos for outdoors in the north since photos dont finish before winter sets in (octoberish) , and later for longer flowering plants.

Good looking girls, nice job so far.

I dunno if autos need to be treated all that differently. Im growing in coots mix now though. Autos vary in size and nute requirements just like photos.

If I had limited space I would just grow photos and flip really early since you can control the size. I don't think autos are easier they are a pain in the you know what in my opinion. I really like autos for outdoors in the north since photos dont finish before winter sets in (octoberish) , and later for longer flowering plants.

Good looking girls, nice job so far.
Hi Mate - I don't flip autos at all, I use smaller pots to manage the size of plant
I think they can be easier if you know your strains and plan the timing of the sowing carefully so it's kind of perpetual

Long read, I know you don't think you have the space. My Space is basically 2' x 4' and can fit two 5gal buckets in there. You need room for the roots to expand.

growspace-01.jpg

hiya @oldg

give us a rundown of what you are working with for gear, nutes, size and dimensions of the space, etc.
makes it easier to help out.

autos will trigger faster in smaller hard sided pots. lotsa smaller or microgrowers do it that way. it's popular with apt / condo dwellers.

Long read, I know you don't think you have the space. My Space is basically 2' x 4' and can fit two 5gal buckets in there. You need room for the roots to expand.

growspace-01.jpg
Hi morda, new member here. So interesting set up... Are those PVC pipes in the dirt to allow air flow or is that kind of like a feeding port? When I started mine I used a bunch of straws cut to reach about half way through my pots for air flow....idk if it works but I did it any ways And sorry another question, what is the reflective backing your using?

hiya @oldg

give us a rundown of what you are working with for gear, nutes, size and dimensions of the space, etc.
makes it easier to help out.

autos will trigger faster in smaller hard sided pots. lotsa smaller or microgrowers do it that way. it's popular with apt / condo dwellers.
I have 2 blue dream auto and 2 skittles auto, I have 3 2 gallon pots 1 I think it might be a gallon, I planted in ffof . I’m using bat guano and I have Jack’s bloom mix. I’m using 1000w led that draws 140 actual watts. I’m growing in a closet that I don’t use. I’m growing 19/5 , temperatures are usually 70degrees and humidity is 65. The one blue dream in the too wet pot is lighter green than the others, although the base looks thicker and stronger and the leaves seem droopy.
Today I fed bat guano and alittle Jacks , plants look ok I guess. You guys tell me, you know I went from 1 plant to 4, I think I made it harder on myself

30A3B7B0-ECA8-4096-B639-46BA36F470A2.jpeg

1B7186D1-CC94-4140-8860-6A58523A6403.jpeg

I have 2 blue dream auto and 2 skittles auto, I have 3 2 gallon pots 1 I think it might be a gallon, I planted in ffof . I’m using bat guano and I have Jack’s bloom mix. I’m using 1000w led that draws 140 actual watts. I’m growing in a closet that I don’t use. I’m growing 19/5 , temperatures are usually 70degrees and humidity is 65. The one blue dream in the too wet pot is lighter green than the others, although the base looks thicker and stronger and the leaves seem droopy.
Today I fed bat guano and alittle Jacks , plants look ok I guess. You guys tell me, you know I went from 1 plant to 4, I think I made it harder on myself

30A3B7B0-ECA8-4096-B639-46BA36F470A2.jpeg

1B7186D1-CC94-4140-8860-6A58523A6403.jpeg
Today is actually day 11, and I put alittle bat guano 2 other days , today is the first day of Jack’s mix

growspace-01.jpg
Man beautiful set up, you use those for autos. I’m sure u get a nice yield. What’s growing in all the plastic cups, do you plant all those in the 2 buckets . Shit I have that many seeds , I’m in the same amount of space. I’m trying to learn to get the maximum yield I can , that setup is beautiful

Back
Top Bottom