OldMed Man's Air Pots and a Perpetual Grow

I must be missing a gene or something.... I hate/detest to shop for anything!!! Especially if it is for me, I hate it more!

I'm with you! :popcorn:
I have a real trouble buying shoes! None feel good! To many years wearing flip flops here! :grinjoint:

Hey OMM very nice grow and nice setup!! Im starting my first indoor grow next week and am considering buying some of the airpots. I noticed you had grow rocks in one of them. Do you use soilless mediums in all the grow pots? Can i use soil in them? And do you think they make a big difference? And whats the drainage like? I assume just the normal holes in the bottom... Sorry about all the questions ive been reading journals in this forum for a year but have never made an account i wanted to soak up knowledge before i started my indoor grow and started asking questions.
Also i beleive it was you that said that you had grown barneys farm violater kush. How was that yield quality etc... i think im going to run og bubba clones for my first run but was considering getting some violater going in a veg closet. Thanks in advance and congratulations on your previous grows your obviously an extremely skilled grower
:nicethread::bravo:

dont know if i still have the template or not, but i just may....ive been known to leave rapidly with stranger stuff....it would be ez to redraw tho....so what size tee do you wear....
i got real fond of that guinie pig poodle after a while....did him like a zebra one time too....poor guy....and it scares me to thnk of where my head was at to do that....no locks on the brain that time....poor hubby just cant believe all the stuff ive done and been in my life....no wonder my body is wearing out....its probably just tension holding it togather anyway....i got
all that stuff done today....of course i cant walk or bend or sit...without a spasm, but its done....soooo, talk to ya later.....take care, and yes, i agree
about the pot....its a matter of numbers and space and nothing personal, so i might do or want to do the same....im still dinking around with that s.l.h. plant...shes finally caught onto the program but her time is nearly over....shes in the second phase of budding now, and wont make 18in tall....weirdest thing....told her she could live as long as i have the space...now she has flowers and all, but thats hugh improvement over nothing....she was started a week after you started the journal for it...sooo, thats how old she is....later, L

Hey Lavendar! :)

Well, I am down to a small now.:hmmmm: We old folks shrink after a while :)
But don't do it! You already have enough to do! Too much to do! Look at your message above! You can hardly move already. :smokin:

Your Hubby and I agree.....you have lived your life...me too! Could be that's why we are falling apart! Over use! :)
Yep, I think the KK is gone. Like you said "nothing personal", just a fact.

Poor Poodle! You must have had time on your hands and just filled it up with Zebra stripes. :reading420magazine:

I can't believe that SLH is still (going?) now. She better give you some good buds after all that time. :yahoo: All that time and 18 inches. :smokin:

Have a good pleasant day! :peace:

Hey OMM very nice grow and nice setup!! Im starting my first indoor grow next week and am considering buying some of the airpots. I noticed you had grow rocks in one of them. Do you use soilless mediums in all the grow pots? Can i use soil in them? And do you think they make a big difference? And whats the drainage like? I assume just the normal holes in the bottom... Sorry about all the questions ive been reading journals in this forum for a year but have never made an account i wanted to soak up knowledge before i started my indoor grow and started asking questions.
Also i beleive it was you that said that you had grown barneys farm violater kush. How was that yield quality etc... i think im going to run og bubba clones for my first run but was considering getting some violater going in a veg closet. Thanks in advance and congratulations on your previous grows your obviously an extremely skilled grower
:nicethread::bravo:

Well, Welcome IBleedGreen! :) I did the same when I started, just lurked around learning for a while! :welcome:

There is soil in the pots. I put Hydroton on the top for even more air and it is much easier to water with them there. I don't make holes watering. :) They are designed for soil. I think it's as close as you can get to Hydro using soil. Plants seem to grow faster and have more yield than regular pots.

Here is a link to them so you can read up on them. Be sure to watch all the videos, they explain the whole process.

I am putting out a Violator Kush tomorrow! You only have to veg her to foot tall. Once in bloom she will grow very fast! She is a very vigorous strain as has a very good yield. I think mine grew to 4.5 feet so you might have bend her a bit if your grow area isn't that tall or start her at 6". To me she was a very easy plant to grow. And Very potent! :grinjoint:

I think your wise to start with the og bubba clones. That way you can work out how well your grow area works and you can work out any bugs you may run into. Smart!

Glad you joined us! See you around, I'm sure! :peace:

I forgot they drain very well!

Wow tough situation there... I have a lot of ex brother in laws, all 3 sisters been married at least 3 times!! Knowing all my sisters, there would be somebody gone over this!! :lot-o-toke: Heres hoping your girl recovers!

Too funny Tmac, I was gonna ask you if you had any sisters. Now I think I'll pass :yahoo:

1 is widowed, (married 4 times, last time was good and long:kiss:), 1 is in the middle of divorcing 4th hubby:whoa:, 1 is single divorced 3 times with no intention of marriage again:phew:. I am on my first marriage, made it 35 years so far!! :dreamy:

1 is widowed, (married 4 times, last time was good and long:kiss:), 1 is in the middle of divorcing 4th hubby:whoa:, 1 is single divorced 3 times with no intention of marriage again:phew:. I am on my first marriage, made it 35 years so far!! :dreamy:

Hello Tmac12 :grinjoint:

Well, at least I'm not alone in the miss guided love stories. :grinjoint:

I have been married a total of 36 years....just to different people! :grinjoint:

First one was pregnant .....not a good reason to marry...I thought I was being honorable. :smokin:

Second one was a hot little blond ten years younger than me, who had just got out of a mental hospital. Dumb me. I was a Psych Major at the time, I was going to save her. :smokin:

Third was Jo and I have no excuse for that one! :smokin:

All I want now is to find an old Hippie Chick that doesn't want to get married. :hippy: I haven't learned a thing! :yahoo:

Finally made it by the rumble in the jungle....:roorrip: Or OldMedMan's plant tossing olympics...and Jo is in the lead with a toss of 3 ft 18 inches....:)

Really though, I am :sorry: about that whole situation, you are a kind and gentle soul and do not deserve that kind of "roommate".

I hope she recovers soon, she will probably end up being the strongest plant if she does...nature compensates. :bong:

I just finished harvesting my beast and she ended up giving me a nice haul, more than I thought...and about what I hoped for...:) (How often do we get what we hope for....:yahoo:) Now I just have to get it dried and jarred correctly (this is scary part for me, I detest mold).

Here is wishing you a better and fresher day in paradise each day from now on. :peace: brother.

Finally made it by the rumble in the jungle....:roorrip: Or OldMedMan's plant tossing olympics...and Jo is in the lead with a toss of 3 ft 18 inches....:)

Really though, I am :sorry: about that whole situation, you are a kind and gentle soul and do not deserve that kind of "roommate".

I hope she recovers soon, she will probably end up being the strongest plant if she does...nature compensates. :bong:

I just finished harvesting my beast and she ended up giving me a nice haul, more than I thought...and about what I hoped for...:) (How often do we get what we hope for....:yahoo:) Now I just have to get it dried and jarred correctly (this is scary part for me, I detest mold).

Here is wishing you a better and fresher day in paradise each day from now on. :peace: brother.

Aloha My Friend in the Mountains! :yahoo:
Good to see you! :)

Yea, Jo's at it again. Sometimes I don't have a brain, spent the day with her getting a new safety sticker on her car. Rushed over to a Satellite City Hall to register the damn thing...come to find out she had already paid for it months before. Damn senior moments! :yikes::yikes:

By the way she apologized for what she did. A Jo first!

The Kandy Kush is not worth the trouble, it is dieing. Will sprout a new one.

Glad you had a good harvest. You know, that's the first time I've heard of someone getting the harvest that they expected! Good on you, Buddy!

Hope all is well with you and your feeling good! :thumb:

Hey Mmmmick! Gonna answer both post at once.
I remember getting wood for our fireplace in NJ. I hated it. When we got out here and was looking for a place, Jo said "Lets get on one with a fireplace." I just stared at her. :smokin: Now, I think I made a mistake, it was 66 degrees last night. For Hawaii, that's cold! I don't even have a heater. :)
I have actually seen it in the low 50s. We ended up by the oven all night. :)

I think a cattle prod might be more fun. :grinjoint:
Think I am just gonna replace the Kandy Kush with another one, she is dieing.

Believe me your car would be a hit over here! :yahoo:

I don't blame you for hating the woodpile. it's just pure grunt work. lol low 50's would be awesome right now. Jo had a good idea with the fireplace but I can understand why it would have seemed unneccesary.

heheh oh yeah a cattle prod is a much better solution. No tense moments waiting for her to stumble against the fence, just a quick push on the "laugh" button.

I don't blame you for hating the woodpile. it's just pure grunt work. lol low 50's would be awesome right now. Jo had a good idea with the fireplace but I can understand why it would have seemed unneccesary.

heheh oh yeah a cattle prod is a much better solution. No tense moments waiting for her to stumble against the fence, just a quick push on the "laugh" button.

Mmmmick Your as bad as I am. The "laugh" button! :bravo:

I actually cut the trees down and then chopped them up. Was after my first cancer surgery and I was full of chemicals and anger. Buzzed right through them. :yahoo:

Hello All

Sorry, no picture update today and maybe for a couple of days. We are in a winter storm and it's pouring. It will be here for a few days they say. Flood warnings and very high winds up to 50 mph. Glad I don't have all the girls out. :)

Veg is going good...hope we don't lose power...last year we were without lights for 4 days. It's blowing and raining as I write. Nothing like a tropical storm! :grinjoint: Peace all! :peace:

Hope you can stay warm and dry my friend. Hunker down :)

Hi Blue :grinjoint:

This one is coming in from the west, which is kinda rare. It hit Kauai earlier and they have floods, lighting strikes that hit the ground, high winds, and hail. Should hit here some time in the early morning. I'll be waiting. In 99 we had a flood come right up the door. Cars floating by and so on.

Here you never know. We have false alarms...but we take em all seriously, just in case. Most of us have emergency water, batteries, food and such as sop.
Be prepared! I am. Tune in later to see what happens. Another day in Paradise! :):):)

I'm feeling your pain OMM. We don't get anything crazy like that here, just months of ice and cold and snow and dreariness. 30 degrees is a warm spell.

I heard sometimes you guys can't even surf during these storms, and your tan can even fade a little if they go on too long.

Hang in there bro:grinjoint:

Hi OMM, man I'm glad you don't have a load of big plants out there right now with a storm coming. Good luck dodging the worst of it.

I hope the high tide mark is well short of your front door.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom