OldMedMan's Super Lemon Haze Collective Grow

Same exact way I do it cept I add 2 steps before first I scarify or scape the very thin protective membrane of the out side of shell this lets the water get into the seed faster, Then I place them in a glass of room temp PH'd water for about 12 hours. This gives them a headstart because I found with paper towel method if you have to wait too long mold or bacteria can take hold and kill seedling. these first steps have eliminated that for me and with this method Ive gotten over 100% germ rate (one seed had 2 plants :;): )

The last seeds I sprouted cracked in just over 12hrs and had a tap root by 24 with them all pretty consistent :goodluck:

Stealthy, could you tell me a little more about your scraping technique? I'm having a hard envisioning a way to hold everything still, and do it without overly cutting myself :Rasta:

And, what's the pH you use?

I've got some old G13s I'd love to get to crack. :tokin:

Thanks.

:peace:

Aloha SLH lovers,
Why do I love thee? After 40+ years of being around this stuff (yes, i'm a senior citizen), I can take a toke of SLH and get very high but at the same time I feel so clear, no distortion in my thoughts, i'm full of energy, and loving life. I also grow Medicine Man, Sensi Star, AK, but the SLH is something very special. Here's a new photo of day 42.

slh24.jpg

slh33.jpg

Aloha SLH lovers,
Why do I love thee? After 40+ years of being around this stuff (yes, i'm a senior citizen), I can take a toke of SLH and get very high but at the same time I feel so clear, no distortion in my thoughts, i'm full of energy, and loving life. I also grow Medicine Man, Sensi Star, AK, but the SLH is something very special. Here's a new photo of day 42.

slh24.jpg

slh33.jpg

Wowzers!

By the way, what's the R stand for on your shirt? I know I should be looking at your eyes... but that R is fascinating :)

ps I get the SS discount too :Rasta:

Stealthy1,

Nice, I like to try something new. By scraping you mean scrape the seed all around or only some area of the seed? I'll use one seed for this method. Got 5x but only using two, and then take clones from. The other 3x will be for when I move my operation and cannot take clones with me.

Aloha High :yummy:

That girl is beautiful Buddy! :yummy: She is gonna fill in like crazy! :yummy:

OK......we need to talk! My Church is dropping yellow leaves like crazy at least 20 of them. Not just turning yellow, but dying and dropping off. Two days since OC+. I'm worried now.
A bit on the Columbian too. Obviously can't flush them. Guess we will have to wait and see. Maybe the FFOF and OC+ is too much for them. OH! Well! I have more seeds. No way to reverse things. I'll just ride it out. Bummer! :smokin:

I can tell you that the Church I grew out, was quite nute sensitive! I almost burnt mine up in flower! They were also quite resilient too though, so they should be fine.

Stealthy1,

Nice, I like to try something new. By scraping you mean scrape the seed all around or only some area of the seed? I'll use one seed for this method. Got 5x but only using two, and then take clones from. The other 3x will be for when I move my operation and cannot take clones with me.

Well, one way to do it is to take an old matchbox and put in some very fine sandpaper. Put in the seeds and shake for about 10 seconds.

This is a proven method used by Norcaliwood and described to me.:blunt:

I can tell you that the Church I grew out, was quite nute sensitive! I almost burnt mine up in flower! They were also quite resilient too though, so they should be fine.

Hi Answer1776 Thanks for telling us that. I flushed my girl like crazy today. She had many more dead leaves today. I will post some pictures of her tomorrow. I will be very careful when giving her anything. Good to know!:thumb:

Stealthy, could you tell me a little more about your scraping technique? I'm having a hard envisioning a way to hold everything still, and do it without overly cutting myself :Rasta:

And, what's the pH you use?

I've got some old G13s I'd love to get to crack. :tokin:

Thanks.

:peace:

About PH 6 to saok in not sure if that part maters though.
I hold the seed between thumb and forefinger and use my thumb nail to scrape seeds seam until I see the membrane start to flake then I just work it all the way round. My nails are like iron so might want to use a small screw driver er something.

Stealthy1,

you can scrape whole thing if you like but I only do the seam all the way around the seed. the membrane is very very thin so be carefull you dont go crazy youll know what I mean when you see it flake its almost invisible until it does

Well, one way to do it is to take an old matchbox and put in some very fine sandpaper. Put in the seeds and shake for about 10 seconds.

This is a proven method used by Norcaliwood and described to me.:blunt:

Never heard of that way, seems it would work though as the idea it just to scrape enough to allow the moisture to penetrate seed easier.

I found that this step really helps speed things up some seeds will take forever on their own.

:peacetwo:

Looking good OMM! I noticed you have the clay balls on top of the soil, does it really help?

Hi HD:bravo:

I think it helps in two ways. 1. It lets roots grow all the way to the top of the soil in these airpots. The roots grow horizontally in the airpots normally, so this just helps that process. 2. Protects the soil from getting holes from watering. The clay balls are Hydroton and add air too.

This just my thinking. Guess we'll see if it pans out! :ganjamon:

Interesting. I do get holes when I water them, like water meteor strike. I guess I have to pick some up next time I'm at the local hydro shop. Thanks for the info. I feel like a copy cat, hehe.

Go for it! That's why we all here....to grow better.....and get help from those who have gone on before. Copy all you want! :ganjamon:

I took some awful pictures yesterday...so I waited til today to shoot my little girl.

I think she is doing really well for starting life as a "crack o light" spot girl...wasn't supposed to be a big girl, well so much for plans...:ganjamon:

Here is my Super Lemon Haze on day 44 of 12/12...Bertha.
8-11_SLH.jpg

Not really too bad for being in a 3 gallon pot with Osmocote plus and the last week it has had 1/2 dose of Mater Magic too...:bong:

Her cola is looking pretty cool here...funny shot...aiming up under my lights did this exposure thing...couldn't control it.
8-11_SLH_top_cola.jpg

:yahoo:

And a side cola...love how it looks already.
8-11_SLH_side_cola.jpg

:peace: 420Magazine.

Wow SLH seems so very consistent all the buds Ive seen all look remarkably similar. Also the smell and look make it very easy to identify in a bag... Must get SLH seeds... maybe I can convince me grow buddy to buy em lol.

OMM your SLH is doing a couple venues eh? careful she might get her own agent and cut YOU out....lol

Aloha High :thumb:

That girl is beautiful my friend. :ganjamon:

She is gonna pay you back for your care.....even if you did only give her a small crack of light. She is budding up very well!. I do believe your indoor is gonna out do my outdoor girl! :adore::hippy::adore:

Peace Brother.

Wow SLH seems so very consistent all the buds Ive seen all look remarkably similar. Also the smell and look make it very easy to identify in a bag... Must get SLH seeds... maybe I can convince me grow buddy to buy em lol.

OMM your SLH is doing a couple venues eh? careful she might get her own agent and cut YOU out....lol

No, She'll stay by me.....not many people would answer to her beck and call like I do. :yummy: Besides once they've experienced the OMM touch, they stay put.:yahoo: If you believe that...I have some choice Penny Stocks I would like to talk to you about. OK? :thumb:

Aloha High :thumb:

That girl is beautiful my friend. :ganjamon:

She is gonna pay you back for your care.....even if you did only give her a small crack of light. She is budding up very well!. I do believe your indoor is gonna out do my outdoor girl! :adore::hippy::adore:

Peace Brother.

But OMM...I basically just water her and she is catch pot for the other girls OC+ water runoff (my hempy girls). This was all her idea from the very beginning. I do admire her alot (especially after a :bong:'s...if that counts for care. I do care :ganjamon:.

At least for my SLH and my Cheese...I can't seem to hurt them with OC+ so I am erring on the side of surplus...I am sure I have been depriving my girls of nutes before but it is so easy to fry them with liquid nutes (especially with poor watering practices)...see so many people with ph issues using them in soil.

I think you will be surprised with your outdoor girl, you are just starting the time of outdoor bloom cycle as far as light goes...unless they finish fast they should go for another 2-3 months...you could have pounds brother...not oz's. :yahoo:

This is my prediction...one or more of your plants will give you a pound. :yummy:

:peace: brother.

But OMM...I basically just water her and she is catch pot for the other girls OC+ water runoff (my hempy girls). This was all her idea from the very beginning. I do admire her alot (especially after a :bong:'s...if that counts for care. I do care :ganjamon:.

At least for my SLH and my Cheese...I can't seem to hurt them with OC+ so I am erring on the side of surplus...I am sure I have been depriving my girls of nutes before but it is so easy to fry them with liquid nutes (especially with poor watering practices)...see so many people with ph issues using them in soil.

I think you will be surprised with your outdoor girl, you are just starting the time of outdoor bloom cycle as far as light goes...unless they finish fast they should go for another 2-3 months...you could have pounds brother...not oz's. :yahoo:

This is my prediction...one or more of your plants will give you a pound. :yummy:

:peace: brother.

Aloha High :):):)

Well, I hope your right, that I get a pound off of one of them. :grinjoint:

I know OC+ is being used in many grows right now and most are doing very good. All my girls seem to be doing well in it. It's the weird stuff like the Church still loosing leaves. I think it is the plant and not OC+ that's causing problem. Think I'll give her some cal-mag tomorrow and see if that helps.

As I look at them, the rest are all doing good. As far as FFOF goes, I gave all the babies OC+ right on top the FFOF and not even a sign of trouble.

So, I don't think OC+ is causing any problems. :bravo:

May you have :peace: in the mountains

Back
Top Bottom