Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

lol. I know that mites don't fly..... lol. There are tiny itty bity white spots on the very bottom leaves. That I believe to be mite damage.

And also there are a couple very small insects flying around when I move the plants around...

And my plants are not burning either.... The leaves are clawing/curling...

If it isn't the OC+ that's awesome... But what do I do for the clawing? I didn't know a pest could cause my leaves to curl like this. Everything I've ever seen about the claw/curl is from a nitrogen overdose..... So I'm just at a loss now...

Do fungus gnats do something to make my leaves claw/curl??? If it's not the OC+ causing this..... I honestly don't know what it is... And I'm not trying to say I don't believe you. I do believe you doc!..

But what the hell do I do now? lol. Get the bugs under control obviously. But will that stop my clawing you think?

hows the temps in ur room? shit maybe it is too much N for your strain with the OC+? IDK every strain is different.. its weird if the one plant with no OC+ dosent have this..

I got the bloom booster that you were talking about irish. I am planning on using oc+ for vegging, and then in final transplant, putting in the bloom booster. Shouldn't have a problem as the residual from the oc+ should still be active. I will just be giving them a bigger bump of P . Whatcha think???

My leaves are doing the claw thing, but no other sign of nute issues, other than that redish stuff, but it is only on one plant, so I wonder. I also believe they are too close at 24" from the 600W led. It just is like it's hurting them. Almost all the plants decided to lean oven. Not in a sick way, I am not pro but not a nooob either.

Anyhow. Sorry. I know there is another convo going on here, but just thought I would
throw my bits into the mix.

What of your deal fedexman?? Any updates?

Holla!

-GO

I got the bloom booster that you were talking about irish. I am planning on using oc+ for vegging, and then in final transplant, putting in the bloom booster. Shouldn't have a problem as the residual from the oc+ should still be active. I will just be giving them a bigger bump of P . Whatcha think???

My leaves are doing the claw thing, but no other sign of nute issues, other than that redish stuff, but it is only on one plant, so I wonder. I also believe they are too close at 24" from the 600W led. It just is like it's hurting them. Almost all the plants decided to lean oven. Not in a sick way, I am not pro but not a nooob either.

Anyhow. Sorry. I know there is another convo going on here, but just thought I would
throw my bits into the mix.

What of your deal fedexman?? Any updates?

Holla!

-GO

What Bloom Booster was i talking about??

hows the temps in ur room? shit maybe it is too much N for your strain with the OC+? IDK every strain is different.. its weird if the one plant with no OC+ dosent have this..

Well you know I was starting to think the same thing....

What is really weird to me. Is the 3-4 plants (only one is really bad) that are showing these signs are all very old (5+ years) bagseed I got from an old friend. He didn't grow, nor was he going to, so he gave them to me.

Well... These bagseed plants are the only ones showing these signs. I have a Blueberry in there aswell not having any problems at all (though that plant does NOT have OC+ in it). And also a Pineapple Express that is not showing any similar signs (this is the only plant I have in a hempy bucket WITH OC+, and it's very health).
^^^All those plants are in flower ^^^

I have a Top44 in veg WITH OC+ that is looking great...
And a Lacy Girl in veg with NO OC+ also looking great...

The girls are alseep now. But I'll try to get some pix in the AM before I have to be at work...

Got a NPS in there now killing any pests. lol

Thanks for lookin out guys!

What is really weird to me. Is the 3-4 plants (only one is really bad) that are showing these signs are all very old (5+ years) bagseed I got from an old friend. He didn't grow, nor was he going to, so he gave them to me.

Well... These bagseed plants are the only ones showing these signs. I have a Blueberry in there aswell not having any problems at all (though that plant does NOT have OC+ in it). And also a Pineapple Express that is not showing any similar signs (this is the only plant I have in a hempy bucket WITH OC+, and it's very health).

The girls are alseep now. But I'll try to get some pix in the AM before I have to be at work...

i dont think its the OC+ but the genetics you have. but u never know? growing crazy like that it could always be a # of things.

lol. I know that mites don't fly..... lol. There are tiny itty bity white spots on the very bottom leaves. That I believe to be mite damage.

And also there are a couple very small insects flying around when I move the plants around...

And my plants are not burning either.... The leaves are clawing/curling...

If it isn't the OC+ that's awesome... But what do I do for the clawing? I didn't know a pest could cause my leaves to curl like this. Everything I've ever seen about the claw/curl is from a nitrogen overdose..... So I'm just at a loss now...

Do fungus gnats do something to make my leaves claw/curl??? If it's not the OC+ causing this..... I honestly don't know what it is... And I'm not trying to say I don't believe you. I do believe you doc!..

But what the hell do I do now? lol. Get the bugs under control obviously. But will that stop my clawing you think?

I don't know if you have fungus gnats or not....but if you do, you'll see small bugs flying a bit when you move the plants. The real damage is what the larva do to the root system. I suspect an infestation could cause curling of the leaves....but I'm not saying that's what you have.

Using a little deductive reasoning:

Not all the OC+ plants have a problem. Couple that with the fact that OC+ is almost certain not to burn or give leaf curl....and that's not the likely culprit.

I suspect you've got a root problem of some sort....and bugs flying around sounds pretty suspicious.

As far as the claw goes....as long as the leaf is green, photosynthesis will take place. I had a couple plants that had curled leaves like this before, and they budded up and finished like all the rest.

Do you have some pics?

Whenever the claw shows up, and it's always on the newest growth on top first, I will flush the roots with plain water for a day or two and the newer growth has always been normal by then. Three days at most. After that I reduce the EC a little bit. What this all means I haven't figured out yet, but it has something to do with transpiration, water uptake, perhaps salinity damage, etc.

So in an OC+ plus grow, where it's always or almost always plain water, than water a little extra so as to really give the roots a fresh bath.

read this page bro. Seed Madness Medical Grow by The Butcher

Thanks everybody. I'll go check that link here in a min Irish boy.
Just tossing up some pix real quick. There will be 1 pic of the flower room as a whole.
~ It's 4'x4' - 55" tall - 77degrees - 800w HPS - 942 CFM air movement ~
And then pix of the plant that's showing pretty severe leaf curling. It's still all green tho.
Also put a NPS in there to help out with any pest problems.

PICT0216.jpg

PICT0218.jpg

PICT0217.jpg

PICT0220.jpg

OSH_LDS_fnl.jpg

^^^^^^
Time to stock up on OC+ this weekend! ;)

Hey everyone, I'm relatively new to growing but not new to being 420 friends :] I just started a grow with OC+ and am using a 40% vermiculite, 30% sphagnum peat moss, and 30% perlite mix in 5 gallon Smart Pots. If you're interested in seeing how my OC+ grows, feel free to tune in and give any advice you'd like to give, it's all much appreciated! I plan on dedicating everything I can to them:)

First Grow! Oaksterdam Clones - Purple Dawg, G-Dawg, & Mystery Dawg (Joker)

First off thanks for starting this thread. Second, I have an extra bag of Fox Farm Light Warrior laying around and wanted to ask if I could just use it with the OC+ for a grow? I figure that I can, but just wanted to get a few opinions first for my next run.

Thanks,
BC

Thanks Doc! I always start seeds in rapid rooters placed in a 16oz cup of light warrior, love the stuff for seeds/seedlings. Just wanted to check to see if it would be good for the whole grow.

Thanks,
BC

Just thought I would show you my Hempy OC+ (mostly) girl so far. She has gotten 4 additional nutings with 1/2 str Dutchmasters Gold A&B Bloom...and my Cal/Mag I make from Hydrated Lime and Epsom Salts. (And occasional H2O2, but very small quantities)

Big Buddha Cheese...she has a month or so left.
Cheesey_Hempy.jpg

Edit: Oh and this little OC+ Hempy girl is in a 6 inch pot and has 5 weeks left. (Super Lemon Haze)
Why_I_didn_t_become_a_pollen_bomb.jpg

:peace:

I bought a jar of Osmocote at Ace Hardware today based upon Doc Bud's recommendation. I appreciate his scientific methodology and impressive results as posted. Plus, I'm a born cheap skate. I've been offline for awhile taking care of family business and enjoying the last harvest. It's time to get back in the saddle and grow a crop for the holiday season. If all goes well, I should have a decent harvest by Thanksgiving. Of course, growing pot in California will be legal by then :wood:
I'm going to germinate some Lemon Skunk, AK 47 and miscellaneous free seeds that were thrown in by an online vendor. 14 in all I think which will be pared down once the males have been discovered. This grow will be indoors with some soil and some hydro I think. I'm going to turn the operation over to my wife as she has better patience and a green thumb (and some other favorable attributes as well).

So what then? Flush? Just leave her be and let her grow? I'm not sure I got a full answer, answer, after posting up the pix... Just wanting to know what I should do...

Back
Top Bottom