Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

You guys seen this yet?

High Hopes at Miracle-Gro in Medical Marijuana Field
Scotts Miracle-Gro Looks to Help People Grow Marijuana - WSJ.com

In an unlikely move for the head of a major company, Scotts Chief Executive Jim Hagedorn said he is exploring targeting medical marijuana as well as other niches to help boost sales at his lawn and garden company.

"I want to target the pot market," Mr. Hagedorn said in an interview. "There's no good reason we haven't."

I agree, there IS no good reason not to....

Good news for growers! Prices are going to go way, way down on nutes.

aauuummmm! did u ever think that he might target mj growers to hype up that particular line of nutes to reap huge profits? it could happen!

Hey Doc, weren't you joking a while back about taking OC+, renaming it and marketing it for mj at like quadruple the price!

You guys seen this yet?

High Hopes at Miracle-Gro in Medical Marijuana Field
Scotts Miracle-Gro Looks to Help People Grow Marijuana - WSJ.com

In an unlikely move for the head of a major company, Scotts Chief Executive Jim Hagedorn said he is exploring targeting medical marijuana as well as other niches to help boost sales at his lawn and garden company.

"I want to target the pot market," Mr. Hagedorn said in an interview. "There's no good reason we haven't."

Hmm...

Dana Mattioli @ WSJ said:
To target marijuana growers, Scotts would likely buy niche dirt companies that already exist rather than create its own line of branded products.

Yup. I'm just a few months ahead of my time.

Me, I loop back and forth. Makes it tricky to shave in the mornings.

I just came across this thread from another forum so I just made a account so I could post.

I have been growing hempy OC+ as well as one soil and a few autoflowers in soil.

im 59 days into flower about to harvest in a week or two

Alright so heres some pics I grew a auto mi5 in soil with the OC+ indoor for the first month then finished it outdoors really potent smoke and good flavor from that bud. But I grew 2 hempy and a soil to experiment with the OC+

I grew 4 different strains from seed from left Short Stuff mi5, GH Himalaya Gold, Female Seeds White Widow x Big Bud, and Dinafem Diesel

2011-05-10_14-06-18_647.jpg

Day 32 of flowering

2011-06-09_14-35-39_361.jpg

42 days flowering

2011-06-18_15-17-40_873.jpg

2011-06-18_15-20-35_277.jpg

58 days flowering

2011-07-05_14-18-36_790.jpg

2011-07-02_11-53-29_7.jpg

2011-07-02_11-52-09_8.jpg

2011-07-02_11-47-59_688.jpg

Tonight im putting the wwxbb in 2 days of darkness before harvest its a 7-8 week strain but I let all my strains go one week longer than they say. I will post a smoke report as well as how I like the OC+ on here.

I forgot to mention but I got the idea from you Docbud your the originator!

Well at first I was going to try the dynamite oraganic time release then ran across your thread with the oc+ and was using the gh line and thought I would try something new. But I didnt find this thread til a couple days ago.

Just curious but do you think it works better on smaller clones compared to plants that have been vegged for a while and are larger?

I vegged my plants for 6 weeks before flowering. I wanted to try soil and hempy to see what worked better with it. Now Im trying a clone of the strain that I grew in soil now in hempy to see if it comes out different. As well as some other small clones in 1 gallon buckets. Before I was using 3 gallon buckets.

I've been meaning to upload some more pics to show everyone how my first grow turned out, well greenbowlpack inspired me with the shots of his beautiful ladies...so here goes!

Just a quick recap, these are Nirvana's White Widows. 50/50 FFOF and FFLW with OC+ in 3.8 gal Superoots Air-Pots. They vegged longer than I had originally planned while I was getting a flowering room ready. In fact they almost got out of control. They finished well over four feet, which means they were almost as tall as me with the pot.

Here's a few pics at various stages late in flowering:
22301.jpg

22302.jpg

22303.jpg

22304.jpg

22305.jpg

22306.jpg

22307.jpg

22308.jpg

22309.jpg

This run was five plants, here's one plant after chop and trim:
223101.jpg

Last, but not least, some close shots of the typical main colas after trimming. I had four per plant, but I could only hold three and take the picture:
223111.jpg

223121.jpg

223131.jpg

22314.jpg

22315.jpg

They say seeing is believing! :high-five: I did say this was my first grow, right?

Those are some beautiful shots and plants. How much did those main colas weigh out to on average? I have heard good things from the nirvana ww how was the smoke?

Those are some beautiful shots and plants. How much did those main colas weigh out to on average? I have heard good things from the nirvana ww how was the smoke?

:thanks:I just pulled out my journal to see. I looks like the four main colas made up just about half of the total weight for each plant at harvest, about 60 grams each. Unfortunately I didn't weigh them separately after drying, so I'm not sure how much weight came off the main colas vs. the smaller stuff.

I ended up averaging 3.5 oz. per plant, dried, which I was very happy with for my first run. I'm harvesting ten smaller plants tonight, so it will be interesting to see the difference.

The bud is still curing, so I'm not sure how it will end up tasting when done. Right now it's not bad, but you still taste the chlorophyll. It does however knock you on your ass! I just shared a bowl with a buddy the other day and all we could do for the next three hours was lay on the couch and laugh...at anything... I had to get up a couple of times for something and it was all I could do to make it across the room. One or two hits leaves you feeling quite nice for a couple of hours!

As for Nirvana, this is the first strain I have grown, but I too had heard good things about their WW and I can certainly attest to the vigor of my sample. I would guess you'd get some very good genetics with this strain! They were feminized by the way...I've also got some feminized Ice from them I'll be trying at some point. They are a sponsor here also, so if and when the time comes, make sure you go through the sponsor links to support this site!

3.5oz per plant is real nice how long did you flower them for?

Nirvana says 8-10 weeks, so I kept an eye on them, checking trichomes daily and sampling along the way, and ended up going the full 10. Trichomes were mostly opaque with a few amber.

Fratdogg223 - :bravo:

Those colas looked wonderful and fat! Got my own thing going w/OC+ also, it's just *too easy* to use, right?

:high-five:

My little family of girls:
Dirt_Grows_-_267.jpg

:thanks:Yours look nice too bro! :goodjob:I said somewhere that it's so easy I feel like I'm cheating sometimes. And you're using Air-Pots! :thumb: Definately a winning combination in my book. Growing really can be as easy or hard as you want it to be...I prefer easy right now!

I'm sure I'll tinker along the way and maybe modify my style once I really know what I'm doing, after all I'm still learning.:)

Yours look nice too bro! I said somewhere that it's so easy I feel like I'm cheating sometimes. And you're using Air-Pots! Definately a winning combination in my book. Growing really can be as easy or hard as you want it to be...I prefer easy right now!

I'm sure I'll tinker along the way and maybe modify my style once I really know what I'm doing, after all I'm still learning.

Now that's some smart thinking, IMO.
What is this all about? Ultimately, we want the best finished product we can get. If you get product you're happy with each and every time, you're successful. OC+ is a very easy, nearly foolproof way of getting very good finished product....easier than mixing hydro nutes, growing in coco, etc.

You get to see the important stuff happen, with OC+.....all the different phases of growth, harvest, drying, curing.....the big deficiency/lockout battles can be avoided by most people....the one's that do come up are easily dealt with.

After a couple successful grows behind you, it's easy to learn other stuff. It's learning to drive in an automatic.....sure, you want to eventually get a 6 speed Ferrari....but that's not the best car to learn on!

As far as I'm concerned, OC+ and other TRF's are the very best way for new and/or lazy growers to get started.

I'm not a lazy grower and I used OC+ on my Jack Herer crop precisely because I think it turns out really, really well that way. I don't want to mess with success....people don't want me to change it, they like it the OC+ way. My organic stuff is also great....but not that much better even though it's far, far more work.

I'm with you, doc. I'm all for an easier way to grow. I'm not sure if i'm gettin' lazy.......or just gettin' old & tired. Lol! Oh, btw, i like u're tag about ron paul....just don't know if this country is smart enough to elect a "sensible" man. Too bad.

Back
Top Bottom