Our Ongoing Grows

Well here's the Info about Berkley you make the call. I have Berkley Blues growing. Just not the Berkley itself. Alot of people I know don't like the paranoid feeling some weed gives and this sounds like nightmare in that respect. Well here's the read for ya Sisco; Berkeley
I was just over at your site Miwa and I always see the mixed up people talking about Fimming.
Fim Acronym for 'Fuck I missed.' Here's a typical picture of a 'Fim', notice I didn't get a clean removal of the top leaves. This wood grow back without any branching at all. All you will end up with is some deformed leaves that you have pinched the ends off. I honestly hope 'I never fim a plant again in my life'. I always will top my plants. I like tops more tops more buds. Well here's a 'Fim';;;;
FIM10.JPG

Now this time I took the top out completely and I have a success. This will grow out to two branches at the point of topping;
025146.JPG

Ok heres a pic for a update, She's a Berkley Blue plant. These have them big leafs on them. Slow grower just like the Cripit's were. Going to be a bush for sure. Heavy side branching and s squat plant. Well here we are;
Berkley_Blues.JPG

Also heres a pic of the Cripit Clone I kept. this is off the fastest flowering Cripit I have in flowering now. I had to prune her ways back. I cut like 1/2 the height off her before I put her in the mothers tent. Well here ya go;;;
C-Clone.JPG

HMMMMMM Liberty Haze took top honors at the cup. Indo 1st place went to Kosher Kush, 1st place Sativa went to Moonshine Haze, and Hybrids went to Holy Grail Kush.
Well Keepem Green

Hello Norcaliwood, looking very healthy over there, last clone looks quite potential also, fast flowering can be very nice.

Anyway here is how i learned fimming (having good microscopic eye side helps, or using a magnifying glass). Though i prefer topping, because you can keep way better control of the pack of plants, their height and sizes altogether. Specially with a lot of plants and also specially when having different genetics put together.

Fimming_vs_Topping.jpg

Difficult when not checking plants every half of the day to get them equally correctly fimmed. It helps waiting until you see the four nodes clearly, but waiting for too long will end in topping instead of fimming more likely. Best fims i got is when fimming as early as possible when new node growth shows.

Just get the top growth is how it works ofc, just sometimes very difficult too see it, should always hit the main stem. sometimes you indeed only take off some leaf mass, just wait a bit and fim again.
For me topping + cutting away first and/or second node and so on works well enough for me to get about 4 tops/colas or more.
And later on when plants go into fast vegetative growth during flowering cutting long internoded branche that dont reach well into the light also works well for me to get more mass in main tops.

To keep canopy leveled i just top them any given time during flowering, often during middle period after growth significally reduces. Some genetics tend to flower and stretch bit later on, just to be sure. But you can always top such a plant in later stage when it starts growing out of control.
I just remove some ( about 5 mm ) of the tallest top(s). Again cutting out the top growth, there is where the growth of the plant is located in the branches.
Even a micrometer would be enough, theoretically i think.
Your cola will end up more likely like a torch or a baseball bat, broad in the top, with the negative property of not working like a pyramid (letting light through as much as possible due naturally church tower or pyramid shape). But plants will stop stretching those branches which have been topped a lot.

For topping and fimming, having nails helps (specially for fimming), just pinch a millimeter into the stem and then bend it so it snaps off at the cut.
From the Greenman i learned topping and/or cutting lower stuff just before vegetative accellerated growth helps getting more equal branches. For example 4 or 6 main branches and nothing else.

OK ya call it whatever y'all want. All you are saying is fim is topping just the tip top set of leafs without any others than the first set of leaves. Thats topping. Weather you remove only the first set of leaves or the top 3 sets of leaves. Its all topping to me. Unless I, F up and miss. Oh well. Welcome there phd.
Naw Sisco they ain't that fast. LOL We can wish tho Naw I have one other of their strains. P-91. P-91
It wood be nice if it does what it claims. I have this internal morphine pump in me that keeps me on a drip 24/7 365 and has for years and years. Without ever missing a day. Well It did run dry once for about 5 days compliment's of DOC in New Mexico. I was down there on a self surrender over simple cultivation charges. When they arrested me it was felony while I was on the lamb, as they say, NM opened to medical. So when I went in front of the judge she wondered why they wanted to give me any time at all. Seeing the plants they caught me with were like 7 starts, in a closet under some cfl's. They tried to give me 16 months for that. I ended up getting 90 days and a year tail. But the worst thing was letting my med's run out. That has been the first time I didn't have med's since 1986. Talk about withdrawals. I'm hoping to find something that will cut the edge off, while I get off this pump. I've cut back considerable on pain meds over the last 3 years. I plan on starting some of them after I shut the flower room down for the outdoors grows. I plan on acouple upgrades this year. I just upgraded the in-line to a 8" man talk about wattage increase from a 6" HO can fan, to a 8" HO can fan. 6"HO is 138 watts with 440 cfm. 8" is 139 watts at 493 cfm. The 8"HO is 283 watts at 737 cfm. Watts double. I found out Max fans are lower wattage, 179, at 675 cfm. I opted for ECO Plus Supreme. Shes pulling 164 watts at 740 cfm. I hope she's not to loud. I figure she won't need full throttle very often and I do have the Speedster Switch. I think she'll be going half speed most the time. And then I can always use the 6"HO as a intake blower.
But for the main improvements, First off I need a 200 amp service box added to the house, and second will be a gas line for CO2, and third a chiller for the CO2. Man I'm rambling. Tell ya I did a vapor bag earlier from the Sour Cream, and it kicked my ass throughly.
Acouple posts back I was bagging about the good run of luck I was having with starting seed. Could've never said a thing, that Lady Purple, didn't make it. I put it up to germinated and a tail showed 36 hours later, but it wasn't rite. Well I placed her in dirt and still no sign of it. Scratch one seed. So reached in my bag and found another. Blueberry Gum from G-13 vendor. Looks interesting. A 50 day flowerer. That could work well outside also. Time will tell. I love the colors in her pic. Very pretty picture for sure.
Well nothing else new I'll try to find acouple new pic's that look good. Till then Keepem Green

Hey Wood -

They've talked about a pump like that for me, but I'm hoping to avoid it. Good luck with the pain meds thing - I've needed them for years, also, and still have too much underlying pain to try to stop them. Wish that weren't true. I was surprised at how much more effective the Chocolope was on my nerve related pain than the mostly indica doms I'd been growing. My new quest is to find strains that work well for my pain, and perhaps do a little breeding with the ultimate goal of finding a med that works great for me and helps me not need other pain meds. Have you had luck with Sativas for pain? I always expected Indicas to do better, but since my experience I've had other people say that Sativas are their go-to when it comes to nerve specific pain...

I have a speedster switch on one of my fans - only thing I don't like is that it creates a bit of a whine for the fan when I use it, other than that it rocks. My 400cfm sounds like a damned jet engine taking off. Can only imagine twice that in cfm.

Sounds like you have some great improvements lined up - I'm a bit jealous! :)

Well, as a good friend of mine on here always says, "Keepem Green!" :thumb:

Wow, that would cause my closet to implode! lol I wonder how long my fan can handle going full blast 24/7...I'll look for a diy thread on making one of them speed controls..

Good luck with finding the strain to help you get off the drip my man. I'm pretty close to harvesting the Vantage, can't wait to feel her and taster all up inside me...HEY! :rollit:

Well is a big room really. I'm running it on minimal equipment now. I really only need med's for my immediate family but, like all of us, we all want to grow more. I think that one will be all I need tho. The 8". Hey Krip, Sour Cream is KILLER. It was a freebie but I wish I had started my cloning program with it. Shes worth growing out for sure. I hear from some that freebies are usually like discontinued strains, or knock off's, but this plant was nice. She produced buds I had fear of molding as they took soo long to dry.
I've dabbled in the sativa's also, but I like a stone. Indo's are known for that SOS stone. Stuck on Stupid stone. Well I tarted another strains seeing Lady Purple didn't make it. It is Blueberry Gum from G-13, and she cracked and has been placed in dirt already. I tell ya people ringing the phone off the hook about their meds. They love that Vantage.
Well nothing new here. The Cripit is growing like the weed that it is. Here's a Update on her;
Cripit-2.JPG

and;
Cripit-11.JPG

I also started afew Berkley Blues. You talk about side branches. I haven't LST'ed these at all. But they sure look like I did huh? Most these were topped on their second set of leafs here's #1;
BB-1.JPG

And #2;
BB-2.JPG

And #3;
BB-3.JPG

Hey Sisco, I thought it wood be alot cheaper to make my own with a dimmer switch, but by time I researched prices, the speedster is just about as cheap as making my own. 20$. I haven't the problem that Xlr has, mine is quiet enough. One other thing nice about it is you can adjust the temp using it. It wood have a hard time imploding that room. It's like 16'X12'. One day I will upgrade to a 10" but for now this 8" should work for a minute.
Yea Xlr if ya can stay off the pain pump cool. It does work, but it's a pain in the side. Damn things larger than a hockey puck and it doesn't fit anywhere. I have mine in my stomach on the right side just below the rib cage. It rubs my ribs when I bend over, so you learn not to bend over. You end up bringing plants up and working off a table instead of bending over. And it gives ya med's 24/7 even when ya are sleeping. Talk about a habit. Well that's it for aminute. I hopes are's gardens are going great. Keepem Green

Hey Sprout! Man you got so many things going I can't follow them all, but that's the way you always are. Bud, some of the 'freebes" are really good sometimes. I'm with you on hoping that Xlr8 doesn't have to go you're route with the pump. I know it hurts you. I'm with you, put em on a table to work on them. Take it easy old Buddy.
That's like talking to a rock with you though. If you have a seed your going to plant it! :high-five:

Love ya Miss J!:love:

Thanks Sisco. The are looking just like the Cripit was, with wrinkly leaves. I just transplanted them to a larger pot and puttem in the 2X4 tent under a 250 mh bulb. They seem to love it in there. The leaves are straightening out just like the Cripit did.
Hey Pop's come by anytime ya want. Miss J said hey back to ya. I hope Xlr doesn't go for a pain pump either. Unless it's the last resort. The Doctor than put mine in was a friend. And he did t so I wood stop running out of meds before the month was over. It does work, if ya have a doctor that's not scared to give ya the doses needed to work good. Once ya get one your tolerance will go thru the roof. I'm on the equal of 750 milligrams 24/7. Even when it's not needed. That can set it so it will come on at a certain time and off a certainty time with what they call a bolus when needed. Like if your pain is worst in the morning it will give ya extra for acouple hours in the morning. Batteries last up to 6 years then they need to replace it completely. Once ya start with it you damn near need to up the dose every other month. I myself wish I hadn't started with it. But now I really can't remember what the pain level was before the pump, it's going to be interesting to see what it's like without it. They are going to put saline solution in it instead of morphine and try some oral meds instead. GL with your outcome Xlr.
Well a fast update. I have afew different ones for ya here. First off the old stand bye. This plant probably started more strains than any other marijuana plant in history. #1 Skunk. This plant is from Sensie Seeds. She stayed pretty short for a skunk plant. I dosed all of these with Bushmasters. One thing always be careful when using BM. I use 2 mills per gallon. It's easy to fry a plant with it. More isn't always better. And they didn't stretch hardly at all. Well here's the skunk;
Skunk47.JPG

And I forgot the Vendor I got these from but here's a White Widow. She's growing rite along. I think these plants are on week 3;
W-W1.JPG

And one I never heard of before. It's called Smile. She's a pretty plant. She was started the same time as the Skunk and the W-W. She makes ya smile every time I look at her. Name is fitting;
Smile_2_.JPG

I was taking them out for the last time I can spray them. I have noticed acouple spots of PM on the Swiss Cheese. Not alot but enough to make me worry about the other plants I have in there. I have been keeping her to herself by not letting plants touch each other. I try to keep a foot between them. But I expect it to spread alittle bit. I just have to keep the inside going for these plants, then it should be close enough for the spring planting again. I plan on acouple 'Trees' again this year around the pool like the last few years. I wanna get one alittle bigger than last year. I know that sounds weird something bigger than 12'? Yes. Well that's it for aminute. I'll update some more laters. Keepem Green

haha i have that same black and silver "Gerber" pocket knife (shown with the cripit clone)

Those Cripits really are pretty. Thanks for the feedback on the pain pump - yikes! It sure doesn't sound fun. You mentioned an example of mornings being worse. Ain't that the truth! I love the variety you always have going. I can't wait to see more trees this summer. Take care buddy!

X

Hey Hey Yall. Lets say one thing to Burton, that's one of the best little Gerber's I've ever had. She fit snug clipped to you front pocket in your jeans. I think that ones like 10 years old. Welcome Burton feel free to jump on out there. We all here for fun and learning.
I hear ya Sisco, Powdery Mildew is the scourge of the PNW. Oregon has it bad. I started keeping a small spray bottle of Serenade. In the grow room. If I see a spot I pinch the whole leaf and spray the immediate area around it. Seems to be working well.. Nice looking plants ya got Sisco. Bet you like the ease of the Vantage. Believe me, you harvest at the rite time, it can be some Stuck on Stupid weeds.
Hey Hey I grow. Hope you are growing great over there. Watch your ass. NYC seems to have a hard on for pot heads.
Xlr, I broke my fool neck back in 86 with a 51' Flat Head. C-6 C-7. When I woke I was a total quad. I could motor one hand to my mouth for a smoke. Even that wasn't pretty. Doc's said suck it up and lick your nuts this is how it ends. Hell with they, I 'drove' home from the hospital. Should have seen me working all three pedals with one foot. The parking brake came in handy for awhile. Took me acouple years to be able to get around. I did my rehab in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, gold mining and growing. I had a chain link fence with my Rx's posted on the gate. At the time I had the 35th MMJ card issued in Cali. My farms were called Sierra's Finest. Well needless to say DEA pulled all 15 plants out of that compound. Helicopter freaked me out. I was camping about 3 miles down river from the gardens. DEA made there way over to our claim and asked questions about who was going up river from me. Only one way up there and we had acouple 6" dredges floating out there. They knew was no way anyone could pass us without us knowing.
Well I sent em on a wild goose chase. Told him acouple youngsters were riding up on 4 runners.
They watched the river for acouple days looking. They never even checked us out.
And back then gold was 400 dollars a Oz. Over 1500 now WTF.
Ok I'm rambling away here. I do have acouple updates going on. For one, I got a semi decent shot of the Yumbolt-47, She's a ugly plant from the super cropping. But she is loaded with buddage. They aren't as tight as the indo's I been growing unless she's going to fill in alot the last couple weeks. Either way she is a producer. Of what time will tell. Anyways Yumbolt-47;;;;
Yumbolt-47_2_.JPG

And this one also;
Yumbolt-47.JPG

Ok next, what do we have, I have a White Widow in flower I think she's like 3 weeks in. Starting to look pretty. Here's a peek at the buds;
W-W3.JPG

And here's her clone for future if needed;
W-W2.JPG

Ok here's a Fruity Chronic I started. It's a fem seed, but she started her life as a triploid with three sets of leaves. Had afew of them before and they all grew out of it. This one looks like she's having problems with her kick start. Oh well;
Cronic.JPG

Next up, we have a Bubba Kush started. Growing rite along;
003801.JPG

Ok here's some Cripit shots. Got to remember one Cripit showed strong sativa traits and got atad lanky. Also had the strong Indo pheno on the others. Well I cloned both and the clones are carrying on just the same as their mothers. Duh clones are their mothers. Well it interesting to see how they are growing. The Sativa pheno is on the left. I just topped it. And the Indo I didn't top till just the other day. Shes just as bushy as her mother;
Cripit_s.JPG

This is Cripit-s mother;
Cripit-s2.JPG

And here's Cripit-i mother plant at day 28 of flowering;
Cripit-day_28.JPG

Ok what else, I have a Skunk plant clone. I have to get a pic of the mother plant one day. She at the same time into flower as the W-W and the Smile. But shes on the reference shelf with other strains;
008563.JPG

Here's another I don't have a pic of the mother. It's called Smile from Kannia Seeds;
Smile5.JPG

Whew I did all that work, Curley thats alittle long winded there. Well I hope everyone gardens are growing great, Keep em Green

Back
Top Bottom