Our Ongoing Grows

Frikkin inch worms.... SMASH'EM ALL!

yes, when I find them, i collect them into a pile, and collectively explode the interior of their bodies in a massive juice-filled frenzy. I HATE THEM!!!!

And @ Norcaliwood, sometimes they seem to be pretty happy staying in the interior crevices of deep bud, even if you let them hang and dry for days, they burrow up into the stems, and hide. I thought that they would " just drop out" but infact there was still 20-30 small worms hidden inside the bud. The smaller ones can't poop as much so its harder to notice, and either they will be noticed when that someone is smoking the bud, or if (IMO) you use enough heat to blast them out into my stomping frenzy. Either way, however one deals with them , which they should, as long as they clean it thoroughly it's all good.

I am resisting the use of foliar drenching because of my residence right near the coast. I already battle high humidity which is favoring mold/fungus. I guess i'd rather have a few worms ( IM using SNS 209 ), then a full-blown bud rot/stem rot.

Oh its a give and take growing in the outdoors. Such good stinky, big buds....

Funny thing is they 'them worms' seem have a preference. I've been doing that tweak stare for odd colors on my other outdoor plants also. No worms noticed. And I looked pretty good. Now I'm not claiming they don't have any but no outbreak anyways. Relaxed, them buggers can work like worms in a bud. Hey I never have anything in my hand when I find them little suckers, so a sunleave and
thumb- forefinger till they pop works for me. Yea they can find their way around a bud, but seems mine pretty much are gone. Last look I didn't see any. Knock on Wood. I've always found afew shit happens when you grow larger bushes.
Ya'll going to loove outdoors BC. Where you are you need some fast ass plants. I'd look into great white north seeds Canada has some great strains that can finish above my latitude. I have the seris of books call Big Book of Buds and man some of the stock from some of them breeders up there are cazy fast. They even have a 100% sativa that you could grow. I think is plainly called fast sativa, or early sativa something. Blood and bone BC, if ya'll growing derictly in the ground. You can't beat them for cheaper and long lasting fertilizers.
Well shit does happen if ya grow bushes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you get harvest. We decided to high grade the NL X BB. She's 10% amber on the larger buds. Well still leaves a nice bush growing. And not a spot of PM seen anywheres on her. I'd say she hit 6 foot. She has some nice buds on her. Not anything like the Big Bud I grew in the 90's. That shit was massive. Up to 4 oz buds. 1 oz buds were the normal. Well she does have a better yield than NL some maybe it's a happy medium. I kind of remember that those monster cola's weren't 'top' shelf. These buds look like Ozer's anyways. I'm hoping for a tad over a LB off her of decent sized bud. I was schocked to see this one finishing up a week before Oct. The secondary buds seem alittle early so we are going to leave her grow afew more days. But the harvest is on. Here's after we took all the main cola's. She's still loaded;
Aftermath3.JPG

Weather's holding good for now. The Spoetnik #1 is workable now. It will be great to give her another week. But I'm not going to lose her.
I have three growing now. Going to be intresting to see the difference between these two. The one outside never topped, and her offspring that has been tweaked with toppings. I'm going to hit the young one one more time with the toppings. Then a week more veg and under the lights she goes. Here's Speotnik#1;
Speotnik3.JPG

And the baby;
Speotnik_2_2.JPG

Took another fast pic of that outdoor Cripit. Man she has some topps on her. I just hope they turn into nice little 3-4 grams buds;
Cripit19.JPG

I Have found a spot of PM on the Berkley Blue. I sprayed it with 'That Stuff' PM wash. You can spot spray up to the day before harvest with it. I've seen some results. When you look at PM to me it reminds me of spraying the top of your leaves with a chop gun they use to spray fiberglass with. After the PM wash, it's kind of got rid of 85% of the fibers from the top. PM from the eyeball looks like a finger print of lite flour or something, spotting on the shaded leaves first. Nasty stuff.
I have a OG out there. She's getting a pretty purple tint. She about done to. This is going to tell me if outdoor OG is as good as indoor? She's 90% cloudy 10% clear. I think 3-5 days. I'll get on the flush tomarrow. Another niceities of outdoors, watering. You can just turn on the hose when you water and get good runoff about everytime. Makes flushing a snap.
Well I've been looking online into that Master Blaster. It will cost around 500 per blub and ballast. So for now,,,,,,,,,,, I work with one. I have a great hood, Magnum XXL 6" hoods, both on 4' rail's so my hoods are big enough and I have 220 in there so, that's what I keep saying soooooooooooooo why not................. 206,000 lumms. Well that's about it for the moment here at Wood's Doghouse. Till Later everyone Keepem Green

Hey PropaGator. Haven't seen you out and about for awhile hope its growing great over your way.
OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK Lights is on its way. 118 for the bulb and 320 for the ballast. Welcome to the next thing as far as HPS lighting. Keepem Green everyone,,,

Still haven't ever popped a seed but i got a cutting from a friend that does well for him outdoors up here. He says its "asian strain" that nobody knows for sure what it is. grows real easy and can handle weather. Had the cutting in cloner for 2 days then into perlite pop bottle. 2 weeks later took 2 more cuttings off it. Not sure if you can kill it. :cheesygrinsmiley: he even had it out below 0C last year and she didn't care. One downfall is she don't like it indoors. Stretches out like crazy and it the ugliest thing you ever saw in flower. Will get pics eventually,got a couple in flower room now. Lookin great as always down there.:peace:

Funny thing is they 'them worms' seem have a preference. I've been doing that tweak stare for odd colors on my other outdoor plants also. No worms noticed. And I looked pretty good. Now I'm not claiming they don't have any but no outbreak anyways. Relaxed, them buggers can work like worms in a bud. Hey I never have anything in my hand when I find them little suckers, so a sunleave and
thumb- forefinger till they pop works for me. Yea they can find their way around a bud, but seems mine pretty much are gone. Last look I didn't see any. Knock on Wood. I've always found afew shit happens when you grow larger bushes.
Ya'll going to loove outdoors BC. Where you are you need some fast ass plants. I'd look into great white north seeds Canada has some great strains that can finish above my latitude. I have the seris of books call Big Book of Buds and man some of the stock from some of them breeders up there are cazy fast. They even have a 100% sativa that you could grow. I think is plainly called fast sativa, or early sativa something. Blood and bone BC, if ya'll growing derictly in the ground. You can't beat them for cheaper and long lasting fertilizers.
Well shit does happen if ya grow bushes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you get harvest. We decided to high grade the NL X BB. She's 10% amber on the larger buds. Well still leaves a nice bush growing. And not a spot of PM seen anywheres on her. I'd say she hit 6 foot. She has some nice buds on her. Not anything like the Big Bud I grew in the 90's. That shit was massive. Up to 4 oz buds. 1 oz buds were the normal. Well she does have a better yield than NL some maybe it's a happy medium. I kind of remember that those monster cola's weren't 'top' shelf. These buds look like Ozer's anyways. I'm hoping for a tad over a LB off her of decent sized bud. I was schocked to see this one finishing up a week before Oct. The secondary buds seem alittle early so we are going to leave her grow afew more days. But the harvest is on. Here's after we took all the main cola's. She's still loaded;
Aftermath3.JPG

Weather's holding good for now. The Spoetnik #1 is workable now. It will be great to give her another week. But I'm not going to lose her.
I have three growing now. Going to be intresting to see the difference between these two. The one outside never topped, and her offspring that has been tweaked with toppings. I'm going to hit the young one one more time with the toppings. Then a week more veg and under the lights she goes. Here's Speotnik#1;
Speotnik3.JPG

And the baby;
Speotnik_2_2.JPG

Took another fast pic of that outdoor Cripit. Man she has some topps on her. I just hope they turn into nice little 3-4 grams buds;
Cripit19.JPG

I Have found a spot of PM on the Berkley Blue. I sprayed it with 'That Stuff' PM wash. You can spot spray up to the day before harvest with it. I've seen some results. When you look at PM to me it reminds me of spraying the top of your leaves with a chop gun they use to spray fiberglass with. After the PM wash, it's kind of got rid of 85% of the fibers from the top. PM from the eyeball looks like a finger print of lite flour or something, spotting on the shaded leaves first. Nasty stuff.
I have a OG out there. She's getting a pretty purple tint. She about done to. This is going to tell me if outdoor OG is as good as indoor? She's 90% cloudy 10% clear. I think 3-5 days. I'll get on the flush tomarrow. Another niceities of outdoors, watering. You can just turn on the hose when you water and get good runoff about everytime. Makes flushing a snap.
Well I've been looking online into that Master Blaster. It will cost around 500 per blub and ballast. So for now,,,,,,,,,,, I work with one. I have a great hood, Magnum XXL 6" hoods, both on 4' rail's so my hoods are big enough and I have 220 in there so, that's what I keep saying soooooooooooooo why not................. 206,000 lumms. Well that's about it for the moment here at Wood's Doghouse. Till Later everyone Keepem Green

Damn Wood those are some trees!!
So sounds like your going indoor for the winter. good for you! need any indoor tips just let me know. i know how you outdoor soil guys are lol :circle-of-love:

Might as well Miwa. The lights are out there that can almost compete. I seen a friend that has one of these lights. I'll just have to raise my hoods all the way to the ceiling. I can't wait. I onley ordered 1 light for now. I'll have to keep a 1000 in the other till I see what it does with the heat issiues. I really don't like running duct work. It crowds the room abit. But if it's needed it will get done. I hope the winter temps will be low enough. I should lose acouple degree by changing to a digital ballast. It might equal out. Right now with lites on and fan running at 50% and constant, and the temp is running 80 and under. Temps are like 75 degrees outside. Hey when the temp's climb I can put it up till the next winter right?
BC I remember somewhere I'm athinking it was Minnesota a story I read in High Times about the 'Hillbillie Mafia'. They grew some years back and ended up getting a strain that aclimated to survive a decent frost without killing the plant. Was a great story with afew bits of info in it. Yea BC clones are the way if ya are going to turn over alot of plants like your working on. I myself like a seed if you are going to just grow some larger plants. But growing alot, man it could be a pain, having to deal with the differences in height. Then having to get a supply of seed, weed the males etc, etc etc.
Here Propa Gator, I might beg to differ. You missed one I grew awhile back AKA Charlie Brown's X-mas tree. She was a real dog. Maybe bearly a dog? Hey that could be a new contest for 420, Your least beautiful lady in your life? I got acouple picutes for tha contest later in this post. Hopefully I'm just kidding. I'm alittle proud of this girl. But when you see them 'worms' and make them go pop, rememeber the 'real bounty' should be on the pretty white butterflies flying around looking pretty, and depoisting eggs on the undersides of our leaves. Kill the butterflies and no caterpillers..
Here's a fast pic of the plant that had caterpillers. I've only found 1 in the last few days, soooo looks like I might have cleaned the plant. Here's the indoor one Star-47;
S-4713.JPG

I've been looking for worm sign on her mother. Maybe some kind of wasp, I know they do feed on catterpillers, or bird keeps them in check outdoors, but I haven't seen any visable. But then she is pretty big so I'm not trying to fool myself into thing I don't have any on her. But the way she's growing, she might get high graded and cut for hash after. The buds I don't think are going to fill in. Shit here I have the longest Indian Summer since I moved here, and 3 of 6 plants aren't filling in. Maybe they took longer nights than the others to start flowering, hense the later finish. But she's over 6' tall and way bushy;
S-47_2_4.JPG

A-Team wow. Been awhile but I sure seen afew myself. Thanks for barking out Jandre.
What other pic's do I have, lets see, that Cripit. Low yielder when grown without alittle TLC and pinching the hell out of her topps. But I got acouple pic's to compair with. Got to remember this plant is suppose to be from here, outdoors should bring in some purple to this strain but the inside sure looks like a white plant too me. And these buds are some of the hardest nuggets I've ever grown;
Cripit_4_.JPG

Here's alittle wider look at the Kid's;
Kids12.JPG

OK now stroll out back and see her in mother nature. She loaded with thumb sized nugs. The inside sure outsizes outdoor buddage on this plant;
Cripit_2_8.JPG

Here's a pretty pic, Miss Cripit;
Cripit_3_.JPG

OK here's a strain I've not heard anyone talk about or grow out yet. Special Queen. And she's stoney as all hell. I clipped a sample bud the other day and she's super smoke all the way. Looking like 5-6 Oz's off her, depending. I'm sure hoping 6. Pretty plant and I should have afew seeds HerxBubba. Will see;
Special_Queen_2_.JPG

Speotnik. Now she's going to finish. I'd like to she her donkey dicks fill in abit more. I mean she could be atad thicker. Going to be intresting because I have a clone from her to try too, cept it's be man handled, and topped repeately, into a nice bush. And I'm going to have room real soon in the flower room. Here's I'd say 7' by now;
Speotnik_2_3.JPG

And alittle closer;
Speotnik_3_.JPG

Speotnik4.JPG

I also got alittle closeup of the NLxBB secondary's;
NLxBB9.JPG

Ok now for a pretty plant. Weed is fantastic. Strain could produce a 9.1 herb on my scale of 10, with alittle growing time on my behalf. You going to try to get that 10 weed, you got to grow afew crops to get to know her. I've yet to see a 10 tho. But this one is close to a ten in looks. She's so purple she's black. I'm sure going to try to reg her after harvest' OG Kush;
OG26.JPG

OG_2_3.JPG

OG_3_.JPG

and last but not least;
OG_4_.JPG

Well I want to thank all for checking out my grow and I hope yours are growing great also Keepem Green

Sorry missed ya Alaska. Man I'd love to hit the fishing holes again. Fricking worms tho. Trials of the outdoor grows. Keepem Green

Sorry missed ya Alaska. Man I'd love to hit the fishing holes again. Fricking worms tho. Trials of the outdoor grows. Keepem Green
Fuck me runnin, i didn't see those plants! your're right we just missed each other. Those are some impressive plants.
Your gonna have to help me next spring when I do an outdoor grow. gonna give it a go, i have a friend with 100 acres nearby.

Today I have uncovered another worm infestation in my plants, selectively harvesting the tops that are affected =\
photo_17_4.JPG
photo_11_16.JPG
photo_13_11.JPG
photo_10_22.JPG
photo_12_16.JPG
photo_14_9.JPG
photo_20_3.JPG
photo_18_6.JPG
photo_16_6.JPG
photo_19_4.JPG

They burrow into the stems...when you crack the stems open they come running out to defend their 'home'
These are small little buggers too. It is terrible, SNS 209 doesn't work, and I do not want to foliar drench my buds. Luckily only 1/3 of my plants seem to be affected, but then again, they are small and hard to find. One tiny necrotic spot leads into an internal cavity of gunky wormy shit. This always happens when I have such a fruity, pungent, and dank plant growing

My Luck

Back
Top Bottom