Outdoor Grow Number 3 - Lemon Bubble Haze

Re: Outdoor Grow Number 3 _ Lemon Bubble Haze

Hi sonzor, that DP is a great looking plant, all those long colas stacking up and really nice coloring in the buds. Very nice.
The LBH are growing like crazy, you do some very nice work in the garden.
That mystery plant is a strange one. Do you have extreme outdoor humidity or dryness? Does that kind of leaf action persist through the life of the plant once outside?
reps when I can. I always enjoy your grows.:nicethread:

I rated your thread 5 stars but I don't see it showing up.?? The rating took because it won't let me go again.

Nice. Good job on the ladies. That last one almost looks like it has a leaf curl virus, but I have no were near enough info to know for sure. could also be a nutritional thing. I hope you get it remedied. I had a tomato plant do almost exactly the same thing, and it ended up being ground contaminates. I flushed the soil, and she came back to 100% about a month and a half later.

...anyways keep up the good work on those girls, and don't forget to save me a nug!!

Hi sonzor, that DP is a great looking plant, all those long colas stacking up and really nice coloring in the buds. Very nice.
The LBH are growing like crazy, you do some very nice work in the garden.
That mystery plant is a strange one. Do you have extreme outdoor humidity or dryness? Does that kind of leaf action persist through the life of the plant once outside?
reps when I can. I always enjoy your grows.:nicethread:

I rated your thread 5 stars but I don't see it showing up.?? The rating took because it won't let me go again.

Hello Mmmmick, thanks for the nice comments. As for humidity this time is pretty mellow, nice temps maybe a little cool at not but nothing too high or to low. Actually, I think we could not be having any better temps for growing MJ than we do now. In the pots the plant looks wonderful. At about a week after I put the Mystery plant in the ground it starts to lighten up and leaves start to curl up and it stays like that throughout the grow. This is only the second time I have tried this strain and its doing the exact same thing as the first. Like I said earlier. The buds aren't too bad, not the thickest most compact buds but the smell is wonderful. Have not had a chance to smoke any yet, has a month or so in the jars to go. But can't wait to see how it is.
Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

Nice. Good job on the ladies. That last one almost looks like it has a leaf curl virus, but I have no were near enough info to know for sure. could also be a nutritional thing. I hope you get it remedied. I had a tomato plant do almost exactly the same thing, and it ended up being ground contaminates. I flushed the soil, and she came back to 100% about a month and a half later.

...anyways keep up the good work on those girls, and don't forget to save me a nug!!

Thanks Jasonlee, I will check into that for sure. I think its just a fickle strain that I need to figure out just what she needs. Not sure If I will take the time with her or not. Maybe I will try a couple things over the next couple of weeks and if she does not straighten out she is going to the compost pile.

Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

Hello all, sorry for the neglect of my journal as well as my plants. These 16 to 18 hours days are killing me. But there is light at the end of this tunnel, I think I am almost finished with this job at least for a week or so. Not that I am complaining, I am very blessed to have anything at this point. Enough with the whining.

I think I have made a little boo boo. If you have followed my other journal you know I am a stickler for all organic and I try very hard not to use anything non-organic and or store bought nutes. With that said, I was talking to a guy at my local grow store who also uses teas and he suggested I try this premixed bloom tea powder and bone meal and use that for my teas. It does say all natural on the bag but I really should have known better. This stuff burns the heck out of the plants and really does not give them what they need to stay green and healthy. As well, he suggested this liquid stuff that adds all sorts of beneficial organism to the tea, which by the way cost an arm, leg and a couple other body parts. After using all this stuff, I am going back to the basics, compost, worm castings and bat guano, its safe, affective and just all around good for the plants and the soil...

Going the all natural method you don't have to worry about, PH and burning the plants, its all about taking care of the soil and the soil takes care of your plants. With the stuff this guy suggested I have had salt build up in the soil and as a result plant are not flourishing by an means. I hope I did not do too much damage to the soil and I can get it back to where it was... At least thats my thought.

With that said and out of the way, here are some pics of the plants. They are not good ones I was in a real hurry and ran up and snapped some pics but an update is an update, had to give you guys something to keep you around..

These first few pictures are of the 3 Durban Poisons.

Durban Poison 01
I thought this one would have been finished a weak or two ago, its still growing new buds and the trichs are at 20% clear, 70% cloudy and 10% amber.

dp_5_29_01_01.jpg

dp_5_29_01_02.jpg

dp_5_29_01_03.jpg

dp_5_29_01_04.jpg

dp_5_29_01_05.jpg

dp_5_29_01_06.jpg

These next two Durban Poisons are clones from the previous plant. They are around 3 feet tall and looking forward too see how much bigger they get...
Sorry the pictures are so bad and hard to see the plant, but what are you going to do.... I will take a little more time on the next round..

dp_5_29_02.jpg

dp_5_29_03.jpg

The Next 4 images are of the Lemon Bubble haze. 2 of them I still have not got them into the ground and they are still in there pots. Which is probably a real bad things but as of yesterday there are buds growing all over those things. I hope the switching back to my old feeding of my teas will get these ladies back into tip, top shape.

lbh_5_29_01.jpg

lbh_5_29_02.jpg

lbh_5_29_02_01.jpg

lbh_5_29_03.jpg

lbh_5_29_04.jpg

Last but not least is the mystery, I keep thinking I am going to pull this one cause she looks just horrible except for the buds that are growing on her are flourishing, leaves look like crap. And the buds I got off the last one that have been curing for a month or so just smell like heaven. So I have not had the heart to take her down just yet.

mystery_5_29_01.jpg

Just a little disclaimer, these pics where take on the 29th so they are about a weak old, so hopefully I can get up to date in the next few days.

As always thanks so much for stopping in and you comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

They look like they should be fine - I do like the natural way for outdoor plants - it's easy to believe the hype on those products though. Good job as always Sonzor!

Looking fine just keep it up and those ladies will treat you right :)

SG

Thanks SanibelGreen, I think they will be ok, it not too late for sure. I appreciated you stopping in and your comments...

They look like they should be fine - I do like the natural way for outdoor plants - it's easy to believe the hype on those products though. Good job as always Sonzor!

Thanks OBX, I should have stuck by my guns, this guy really sounded like he new what he was talking about and he probably did. Just not the way I like to do things and it just made it a little more complicated. Thanks so much for the comments and stopping in...

wow man. the girls are still looking terrific. maybe a little calcium and N deficiency i thought I saw in the Haze, but hey, they still look very very nice. I wish I had a spot for an outdoor grow, and seeing those beauties just makes the itch worse. lol

I would recommend adding powdered egg shells for calcium, and spent coffee grounds for Nitrogen if you havent already. I always get bitched at by the missus for my collection of eggshells in cartons. lol I let them dry, and then crush them and run them in my coffee grinder before using them. I use them on my outdoor tomatoes which are calcuim hogs. About 1 carton per plant over the top of the soil near the stem, and then just let them sink in with waterings. Same with coffee. about a filter full near the stem once a month or so. It's actually very effective and you can usually pick up bulk grounds at starbucks if you dont mind asking. My local starbucks saves them for me if I call a day in advance. (I think its cause the chick there digs me.) ...lol, I can dream, cant I? lol

I dont know why in the world you would chop that Mystery down? she's doing her thing, and the buds great, so to hell with the leaves. eh, just My Opinion... Maybe jsut a funky pheno? who knows.

...anyways, sorry for the long post, but Just thought maybe you might not know about that stuff. probably do tho. sorry.

later,
jason

p.s. If you havent already, you should definatly check out the book 'Rodales complete guide to composting." it's AWSOME!!!

Well Phooey sonzor So much for know it alls.:smokin: But they can be tempting.:)

I think they will be Ok once you get back to you tried an true teas.
Actually they look good anyway. Just do your usual good things. Shaping up nicely my friend! :ganjamon:

wow man. the girls are still looking terrific. maybe a little calcium and N deficiency i thought I saw in the Haze, but hey, they still look very very nice. I wish I had a spot for an outdoor grow, and seeing those beauties just makes the itch worse. lol

I would recommend adding powdered egg shells for calcium, and spent coffee grounds for Nitrogen if you havent already. I always get bitched at by the missus for my collection of eggshells in cartons. lol I let them dry, and then crush them and run them in my coffee grinder before using them. I use them on my outdoor tomatoes which are calcuim hogs. About 1 carton per plant over the top of the soil near the stem, and then just let them sink in with waterings. Same with coffee. about a filter full near the stem once a month or so. It's actually very effective and you can usually pick up bulk grounds at starbucks if you dont mind asking. My local starbucks saves them for me if I call a day in advance. (I think its cause the chick there digs me.) ...lol, I can dream, cant I? lol

I dont know why in the world you would chop that Mystery down? she's doing her thing, and the buds great, so to hell with the leaves. eh, just My Opinion... Maybe jsut a funky pheno? who knows.

...anyways, sorry for the long post, but Just thought maybe you might not know about that stuff. probably do tho. sorry.

later,
jason

p.s. If you havent already, you should definatly check out the book 'Rodales complete guide to composting." it's AWSOME!!!

Thanks jasonlee247 for all the great information. I do put coffee grounds and eggshells in my compost but never directly in the soil of the plants. I will have to give that a try for sure. And about the post being to long... Never, I can never get enough information and tips from all you guys on 420, after all is that not why we all do journals is to get some great advise. Thanks again for stopping in and you great comments they are much appreciated.

Well Phooey sonzor So much for know it alls.:smokin: But they can be tempting.:)

I think they will be Ok once you get back to you tried an true teas.
Actually they look good anyway. Just do your usual good things. Shaping up nicely my friend! :ganjamon:

Thanks OMM, I think they will be OK also, My biggest concern is I read that once you put non organic stuff in the soil it takes a good 2 to 3 months to get all the good little creatures back and thriving, I hope thats not the case but we will see how it all works out. I am not exactly sure if what I have been putting in my teas is not totally organic its just a guess but we will see how it all works out.

Thanks so much for you comments and stopping in...

Thanks jasonlee247 for all the great information. I do put coffee grounds and eggshells in my compost but never directly in the soil of the plants. I will have to give that a try for sure. And about the post being to long... Never, I can never get enough information and tips from all you guys on 420, after all is that not why we all do journals is to get some great advise. Thanks again for stopping in and you great comments they are much appreciated.

Thanks OMM, I think they will be OK also, My biggest concern is I read that once you put non organic stuff in the soil it takes a good 2 to 3 months to get all the good little creatures back and thriving, I hope thats not the case but we will see how it all works out. I am not exactly sure if what I have been putting in my teas is not totally organic its just a guess but we will see how it all works out.

Thanks so much for you comments and stopping in...

This may sound strange, but I wonder if you could make Molasses tea, thats good for the critters that help us.
Probably crazy, but who knows? :ganjamon:

This is also off topic and sound strange, but do you have worms in your garden?

OMM triggered a thought. If you dont have worms, find some. They work wonders in my garden. Before I added soil and clones to my planters, I tossed about 40 worms into each one of the planters. Not only do they leave castings (AMAZING) they also air out the soil better with their tunnels and whatnot. just an idea ;)
~L~

Fellow outdoor grower!

Like to see Im not the only one growing outside these days! Im on board, babies are looking magnificent! :grinjoint:

Keep up the good work! :welldone:

Thanks Lebowskii, appreciate your comments and stopping in...

Yes indeedy she is a female!

Lets hope so, thanks for stopping in and you comments...

This is also off topic and sound strange, but do you have worms in your garden?

OMM triggered a thought. If you dont have worms, find some. They work wonders in my garden. Before I added soil and clones to my planters, I tossed about 40 worms into each one of the planters. Not only do they leave castings (AMAZING) they also air out the soil better with their tunnels and whatnot. just an idea ;)
~L~

Worms are a huge part of my garden and thats why I blew it using what the guy at the Hydro store suggested. Its was just me making things more complicated than it need to be. You don't have to add worms although it does not hurt. If you have good viable soil the worms will find it. I have never added worms to my garden and my garden is stock full of worms. That is a really good sign you are doing something correct with your soil. For you since you are using Fox Farms you have to be careful because its not truly organic and some of the stuff that is not organic in the nutes will actually kill off some of the little critters that make up good healthy soil.

hi sonzor, great update even if a little rushed. I still like the looks of the Durban Poison. Should be some nice long colas on that big one.

I'm sure your LBH's will come around once they've spent some time in your soil with your regular teas. Compost and worm castings will reload the micro critters that are doing such good things for your plants. Maybe a little molasses will help boost them a bit, supposed to be good food for the soil.

edit: I see OMM mentioned molasses already, hard to get ahead of him, lol.

I'd let the mystery plant continue unless you need the room. As long as she's growing buds I wouldn't be too concerned about her looking a little shaggy.

Hope you get some time to rest and relax soon, a fella can only work so many hours a day before it'll burn you out. A little extra time in the garden is always a good thing. Take care and good luck getting the LBH back into shape.

Back
Top Bottom