Outdoor Grow Number 3 - Lemon Bubble Haze

Re: Outdoor Grow Number 3 _ Lemon Bubble Haze

Very nice job sonzor:) Plants look huge and healthy keep it up! By the way thos pics are really clear:ganjamon:

Wow nice trees you got there! That grasshopper has got to be ripped off his ass :passitleft:

That sucks man. You may want to consider putting up a pvc frame and some netting to keep out the critters. As long as that wouldn't attract too much attention of course! ;)

Hi sonzor, great pics. Hope the hoppers find something more suitable to munch on. Can't say I blame them but they could be polite enough to stay away from the buds, at least. Good luck.

great pics man. I like how super thick those stems are. they will be buggins!! About the grasshoppers I recommend a BB rifle with a Sniper scope. Just practice first. we dont need to be smoking BB's now. ;)

Keep up the great outdoors work!

The grasshopper problem is easily remedied in a number of ways. Obviously you can remove them but you have to kill them, cuz they are gonna come back. Or if you want to be a little more "humane" about it, you can go around your property (or go to a local park) and find praying mantids and place them in your garden. If you go to the effort to feed them when you first place them there, they will almost certainly stick around to ambush future grasshoppers. Next year, plan ahead and earlier in the year go to your local gardening store and buy some mantid egg cocoons. They most likely won't have any this late in the year.

Last year, every mantid I'd find around my house/property I would catch and relrease in my garden. By the end of the year every one of my plants had one single Mantid "protector". I had virtually no grasshopper/locust/katydid damage the whole season. Worth investing the time to establish a few in your garden. They were all huge too by the end of the year so they were doing their job and never had to leave their home plants.

Damn man Sonzor is growing redwoods....lol :cool:

SG

Thanks SanibelGreen, not redwoods just yet but got some time. Thanks for stopping in and you comments.

Hi sonzor;)

Great pictures and plants :):):):):)

I agree.....your growing redwoods. :cheer:

Keep it going Bro! :bravo:

Thanks OMM always nice to have you around and your comments are much appreciated.

Very nice job sonzor:) Plants look huge and healthy keep it up! By the way thos pics are really clear:ganjamon:

Thanks 808 the Durban Poison are getting pretty big. Maybe a little too big it thats possible. We will see how they finish. Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

God damn stoner grass hoppers... bet you they are friends with my stoner lady bugs...
Sorry to hear they were chompin on nuggy poos, but as everyone agrees on... you ARE growing trees... so Im sure they will recoup just fine :) looking good brotha, keep it up! ;)

I am hoping so Lebowskii, I have been giving them a good flick off the plants and hopefully they won't come back after the thumping. Seems to be working, I have had a couple that have returned but gave them another thumping and they seem to have found a new home. Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

Sonzor, good to see the DP with all that real estate on her! Take that grassjacker and dip it in some of your canna-chocolate....tastes like chicken?

Thanks siscokid, The Durban is getting pretty big with no signs of slowing down at this point. Might have to give her a little haircut. I don't want 15 foot trees, not sure I could manage plants that big. Thanks for stopping in and you comments...

Wow nice trees you got there! That grasshopper has got to be ripped off his ass :passitleft:

Thanks Reefa, they are getting pretty big, As for those grasshoppers been giving them a good thumping and they have stayed away for the time being. Thanks for stopping in and your comments..

That sucks man. You may want to consider putting up a pvc frame and some netting to keep out the critters. As long as that wouldn't attract too much attention of course! ;)

Hello Munki, good idea but PVC frame really is not an option. Although my grow is legal, I do not want to draw too much attention from the neighbors. Thanks for the ideas and comments they are much appreciated.

Hi sonzor, great pics. Hope the hoppers find something more suitable to munch on. Can't say I blame them but they could be polite enough to stay away from the buds, at least. Good luck.

Me too Mmmmick, I think the thumping I have been giving them is starting to work. Only time will tell. And I also don't blame them, thats why I don't want to kill them unless I have to. For gosh sakes, if I where a grasshopper thats the first place I would go. Thanks so much for you comments and stopping in..

great pics man. I like how super thick those stems are. they will be buggins!! About the grasshoppers I recommend a BB rifle with a Sniper scope. Just practice first. we dont need to be smoking BB's now. ;)

Keep up the great outdoors work!

What's up jasonlee, I may consider the BB gun if the thumping I have been giving them does not work. I at least have to give the little guys a fighting chance to make the correct decision. Thanks for stopping in and your comments..

The grasshopper problem is easily remedied in a number of ways. Obviously you can remove them but you have to kill them, cuz they are gonna come back. Or if you want to be a little more "humane" about it, you can go around your property (or go to a local park) and find praying mantids and place them in your garden. If you go to the effort to feed them when you first place them there, they will almost certainly stick around to ambush future grasshoppers. Next year, plan ahead and earlier in the year go to your local gardening store and buy some mantid egg cocoons. They most likely won't have any this late in the year.

Last year, every mantid I'd find around my house/property I would catch and relrease in my garden. By the end of the year every one of my plants had one single Mantid "protector". I had virtually no grasshopper/locust/katydid damage the whole season. Worth investing the time to establish a few in your garden. They were all huge too by the end of the year so they were doing their job and never had to leave their home plants.

What's up Odin, That is a great idea. When I read this I was thinking its a little early for the praying mantids, but low and behold this morning I found a little baby. Transplanted it onto one of my plants and it seems to love it. We will see if it hangs around. Thanks for the idea and the comments. Much appreciated...

What's up boys and girls. Sorry for the neglect of the journal, but I am getting to it with any free time I get. Enough with that.

These pics are from the 2nd so I am about a week behind. I will try to catch up with up to date pictures in the next few days.

Things seem to be going pretty well, plants have greened up and are looking pretty darn healthy. I was reading through OMM journal and someone I forgot who, started talking about his WW and what he thought was going on with the plant is that it was going through a re-veg. I think I am having that issue also. As you will see in the pictures below (LBH4), it stopped producing more buds and started producing more leaves. The odd part is the leaves, they are single leaves but the plants has exploded with new grow. So I am going to assume that is the issue unless of course someone from 420 has a better idea what is going on with the plant.

The Mystery might be going through a re-veg also lots and lots of new green growth and bud production is almost non existent.

Also added 2 more LBH plants and they really seem to be taking off, so we will see how that goes.

Also I found a little baby mantis in my yard and transplanted it onto one of my plants. I hope it hangs out and protects it and maybe I can find a few more...

Enough with the yapping, take a look and any and all suggestions and comments are much appreciated.

DP1_01
DP1_7_02_01.jpg

DP2_01
DP2_7_02_01.jpg

LBH1_01
lbh1_7_02_01.jpg

LBH1_02
lbh1_7_02_02.jpg

LBH1_03
As you can see here, the tops have been chewed up by a grasshopper. I think the couple of thumpings' I gave it convinced it to stay away.
lbh1_7_02_03.jpg

LBH2_01
lbh2_7_02_01.jpg

LBH2_02
lbh2_7_02_02.jpg

LBH2_03
lbh2_7_02_03.jpg

LBH2_04
lbh2_7_02_04.jpg

LBH3_01
lbh3_7_02_01.jpg

LBH3_02
lbh3_7_02_02.jpg

LBH4_01
lbh4_7_02_01.jpg

LBH4_02
This pic shows the funky leaf growth
lbh4_7_02_02.jpg

LBH4_03
LBH4 with its new protector
lbh4_7_02_mantus1.jpg

LBH5_02
one of the new additions
lbh5_7_02_01.jpg

Myster1_01
mys1_7_02_01.jpg

Thanks everyone in advance for stopping in and your comments..

WOW awesome pics man! That mantis is straight chillin protecting your girls :blunt:

Hi Buddy Lots of good stuff happening there. They look good. Some look yummy already! ;)

Those leaves look exactly like my WW. :smokin: They have to be re-vegging. Or I guess we could make pets out of them.:laughtwo::laughtwo: Will be interesting to see how they turn out. Don't worry, we know you working your butt off at your job and you'll update when you can. :blunt:

Your skills are showing sonzor. I knew you'd get those plants sorted out. DP's look like they are gonna be bigguns.
Hope your new guard critter keeps the hoppers from snacking any more. Especially on LBH4, those new leaves are big. The reveg might be a major surge in size.
Very nice garden my friend. reps when I can.:goodjob::smokin:

Coming along nicely. I just love looking at Cannabis in natural sunlight!

WOW awesome pics man! That mantis is straight chillin protecting your girls :blunt:

Thanks Reefa, let hope it takes care of business, thanks for stopping in and your comments

Really nice outdoor grow you got going mate :)

Thanks StewyandShan, appreciated you stopping in and you comments.

I agree with you sonzor, that is going back to veg. I love the mantis.. want one. Take care bro and keep up the outsanding work friend.

Thinking the same thing siscokid, that thing is growing like a weed. I would like a few more of the mantis's myself. Thanks for stopping in and you comments.

Hi Buddy Lots of good stuff happening there. They look good. Some look yummy already! ;)

Those leaves look exactly like my WW. :smokin: They have to be re-vegging. Or I guess we could make pets out of them.:laughtwo::laughtwo: Will be interesting to see how they turn out. Don't worry, we know you working your butt off at your job and you'll update when you can. :blunt:

Very curious myself. Mine is really starting to grow. Not too much I hope but the way the plant is going she is going to be a bid one. Leaves are still pretty funky but not worried about that at this point. Thanks for stopping in and your comments..

Damn that grasshopper probably got pretty high lol, liking the mantis on the prowl :cool:

SG

I think you are correct their. I think it might be gone for now but we will see. Thanks for stopping in and you comments.

Your skills are showing sonzor. I knew you'd get those plants sorted out. DP's look like they are gonna be bigguns.
Hope your new guard critter keeps the hoppers from snacking any more. Especially on LBH4, those new leaves are big. The reveg might be a major surge in size.
Very nice garden my friend. reps when I can.:goodjob::smokin:

What up Mmmmick, Not too sure about the skill think but I think they are looking better for sure. We are coming into some pretty hoe days so we will see how they handle the heat. I think the mantis is a little too small to handle the grasshoppers but I gave them a pretty hard flick to get them off the plants, so I hope they learned their lesson. So far so good.

The reveg plant has exploded with new growth, still got the funky leaves but putting on some size for sure... Thanks for stopping in and you comments and suggestions are always appreciated.

Coming along nicely. I just love looking at Cannabis in natural sunlight!

Thanks Munki, me too as long as their not being eaten by their natural neighbors. Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

Plants are looking good. Glad you found a loyal protector. If it ever seems hungry, don't hesitate to feed any grasshoppers you find to the mantid. As long as they are staying full, they stick around.

Thanks Odin, I will do my best, their are plenty of bugs for the little guy to snack on, he just has to keep away from the birds that would love to eat it... Thanks for stopping in and you comments....

Hello all,

Just got some time and going to get this journal current,

Everything is looking OK, Going through a little heat spell for the next week or so. This will be the true test to see how these ladies will do through the heat. Might have to pull the LBH2, Think she has a couple small worms that have gotten into some of the smaller buds. I will have to keep a really close eye on her and make sure the damage is not getting any worse. I think she is only a week or two out so it won't be a huge deal. But will let her go as long as I can. I looked pretty close and could not find any of the worms but the damage to the buds looks just like last year.

The Durban Poisons are getting huge as well as the reveg LBH4 and the two new LBH's I put in the ground.

Other than that I think things are going in a positive direction. Only time will tell...

Take a look and any and all comments are always appreciated...

Durban Poison 1
DP1_7_12_01.jpg

Durban Poison 2
DP2_7_12_01.jpg

LB_Haze1_1
lbh1_7_12_01.jpg

LB_Haze2_1
lbh2_7_12_01.jpg

LB_Haze2_2
lbh2_7_12_02.jpg

LB_Haze2_3
lbh2_7_12_03.jpg