Outdoor Grow Number 3 - Lemon Bubble Haze

thanks odin...
thats encouraging??? glad you're ok tho....i think we are, knock wood, as both hubby and i are legal and only one other im caretaking for, but who knows?? just depends on the mood....we are well within the legal limit, and have been in contact with a lawyer who, of course for money, will rep us if needed..and i think our age will help us out...:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:.hugs, L

Hi sonzor good to see you posting those awesome outdoor budshots again. Great pics. I hope your guardian keeps all those moths from ever touching down on your buds.:peacetwo:

"It is truly a sad, sad day. Really makes me want to cry but what can you do. The man can do whatever they want and I just can't risk anything happening to my family"

You are so right sonzor!! It pisses me off to no end to see good people put through what you have gone thru. Laws will change soon hopefully, We all have to vote and advocate when possible. There are alot of us baby boomers in the position to change these ignorant laws and we are getting closer every year. Hang in there brother and try a small indoor no mercy grow, You will be suprised at what you can end up with in just 8 or 9 weeks. Take care my friend and may the cannabis Gods be with you and yours......moslow

:peacetwo::goodjob::goodluck:

hi mate........great to see your back.....sorry for all your loss.........but if ive learnt anything round here....you will bounce back........i missed seeing your monster out door plants........and now going after new strains......im in and very interested.......good to have you back my friend...........be lucky weedtastic

Beautiful plant buddy! Nice pic of the spider eating the egg laying bastard! I think of you every time a plane flies over, Funny how I usually go grab my radio shack scope right after seeing them and start checking the trichs! Are they ready yet!

the first yr. i had my license, i grew 3 outside in the bushes....i finally moved them to get sun, and low and behold, the military helo flew over, they use military here as we are in woods, and military does the fly bys....ok, they actually hovered about 6ft above our roof, was roaring in the trailer, and i ran outside and the guy was hanging out of the helo with a camera, taking pics of them and the garden, i guess to blow up to see if any more...i was soooo angry, i walked out and stood by the plants holding up 3 fingers and got my pic taken for the effort....last yr, they did a complete circle and took off...none out there, but took pics....and this yr, they came by and aimed what i think was a fleer wand at the house and trailers, lights not on...thank g...i leaned out and waved again....so i figure either they are tomatoe fans in a big way, or they have me tagged, at any rate, i like you, keep the number down....better to be safe than sorry....L

until lately i was afraid to go to hempfest or anything, and yes they did take pics and have cameras going, but i did nothing wrong....not even scratch, so there was no problem....which doesnt mean there couldnt be....pita....L

Yes Lav, the hole thing is just a joke, with all the other things the gov. could be spending money on they have to fly over a small garden and takes pics. That little fly by probably cost the tax payers over $100 grand. Its a joke. For gosh sakes its just a weed.... Thanks for stopping in and you comments..

Damn!
Plants are looking nice as hell,tons of trich's and getting ripe and ready:)
I love that 3rd pic with the spider,nice to have someone/somthing protecting the plants,haha...

Thanks J6s, she is coming along nicely, just have to keep those little worms a bay for just a little bit longer... Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

yeah, the govt. cant....except at the request of the locals....and we are in what is called westpak area, and they are "above" the law, they think, so they do all kinds of stuff, and dare you to do anything about it...these guys dont even recognize the state legality of it....L

great looking plants by the way....

I think that is most of the problem. These cops and gov. agent with their holier than now attitudes. For gosh sakes 90% of them have smoke a join at one point in time in their live and now that they got a badge they go after us poor folks that need a joint every know and then. Don't get me wrong, I have all sorts of respect for the popo, I just wish they and the gov. would get their priorities in order... Thanks again for stopping in and your comments..

looks great sonzor! i see you have a gaurdian spider eating up all those evil doers!

Hello HealingKronic, the spider is some help but by no means does he/she get them all or even half. The things has been filling of on bees. Don't get me wrong, glad to have him/her around just wish he would gorge on the worms and leave the helpful bees alone. Thanks for the stopping in and your comments are always appreciated.

Where I am from in N. CA the LEOs fly and document where all the grows are, but only go after the most promising ones, unless you happen to be one of the unforunate lower level busts, which of course happens constantly. Just to give you an idea, my friend grew 80 outdoor plants the last two years and was flown both years, yet they went and took a look at his neighbors (slightly larger) grow but not his, just 100s of yards up the hillside. At the same time you then have a couple busted growing 12 plants for their neighbor with cancer in town. They more often go for big time, but still like to destroy the sick and helpless. So its always a gamble. My neighbor for the last 20 years' daughter is a LEO narc officer and she saw my grow. Showed her my script she said she wasn't going to doubt my integrity just be careful of pot bandits haha. You never know with LEO.

Whats up odin, I think that's the scariest part is you just never know. At this time I just have one plant and obviously its is for personal use but they should could make my life a living hell if they decide to. We will see, I will keep my fingers crossed for sure and hopefully the good people in CA will come to their senses and vote to legalize. Probably not going to happen but you would think that anyone who has ever taken a hit of this wonderful plant would not have any reservation about voting YES. And that's got to be 80% of the population if not more....

Hi sonzor good to see you posting those awesome outdoor budshots again. Great pics. I hope your guardian keeps all those moths from ever touching down on your buds.:peacetwo:

Thanks Mmmmick, I think the spider is losing the battle, took some pics today and found lots of little ones and she is getting close to the end so I am not going to spray her with anything, so I hope the spider can invite some friends to help it out until harvest time... Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

"It is truly a sad, sad day. Really makes me want to cry but what can you do. The man can do whatever they want and I just can't risk anything happening to my family"

You are so right sonzor!! It pisses me off to no end to see good people put through what you have gone thru. Laws will change soon hopefully, We all have to vote and advocate when possible. There are alot of us baby boomers in the position to change these ignorant laws and we are getting closer every year. Hang in there brother and try a small indoor no mercy grow, You will be suprised at what you can end up with in just 8 or 9 weeks. Take care my friend and may the cannabis Gods be with you and yours......moslow

:peacetwo::goodjob::goodluck:

Hello moslowjj, Yes it sucked but could have been a lot worse. Knock on wood. I hope you are correct that people will do whats wright and get rid of this insane law, but you have more faith in people than I do. If anyone who has ever just tried pot before and liked it or not would just vote to legalize it would pass with a landslide. Its just a fricken weed for gosh sakes. Get over it and let the people decide what they want to do with their own bodies. Thanks for stopping in and you comments...

hi mate........great to see your back.....sorry for all your loss.........but if ive learnt anything round here....you will bounce back........i missed seeing your monster out door plants........and now going after new strains......im in and very interested.......good to have you back my friend...........be lucky weedtastic

Thanks weedtasic, going to keep it small and on the down low, I will take the winter and try for some new personal strains. We will see how it turns out but I cant stop growing its just too much fun. Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

Beautiful plant buddy! Nice pic of the spider eating the egg laying bastard! I think of you every time a plane flies over, Funny how I usually go grab my radio shack scope right after seeing them and start checking the trichs! Are they ready yet!

Hello Woodsman, I know how you feel. It sucks but its the world we live in... Everytime I hear those helicopters I run to my window and check the sky and I only have one plant. I feel like that guy in goodfellas and I have never committed a crime in my life. I think you have to take a stand sometime. Not sure If I have the balls to take it but it makes me think for sure... Thanks for stopping in and your comments are much appreciated...

Whats up boys and girls. A little update.

We are pretty darn close to the 90 day mark of flowering A lot slower than I thought and I could probably let her go a few more weeks but the bud worm issue is becoming a problem and I don't want this to ruin the whole plant so she will be coming down in the next couple of days. She has about 80% cloudy, 10% clear and maybe 10% amber if I am lucky. Hopefully the next couple of days she will turn out some more ambers but I am not holding my breath. And since spraying is not an option cutting her down before any damage is a must.

On a side note has anyone used a air purifier in a room for drying? I think I read somewhere that it put a funny smell and taste in your buds. I just need to do something cause these things are smelly x 10. I dried one little bud that I cut off and it smelled up the whole house for 4 days. And the wife does not like that one bit.. The last thing I want to do is ruin the buds by using one of these things, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look and tell me what you think.... Next up will be some groomed bud pics in the next couple of days...

lbh_09_26_2010_1.jpg

lbh_09_26_2010_10.jpg

lbh_09_26_2010_2.jpg

lbh_09_26_2010_3.jpg

lbh_09_26_2010_4.jpg

lbh_09_26_2010_5.jpg

lbh_09_26_2010_6.jpg

lbh_09_26_2010_7.jpg

lbh_09_26_2010_8.jpg

lbh_09_26_2010_9.jpg

Thanks again all for stopping in and you comments.

Hi sonzor, great pics, as always. Too bad the timing is late for spraying. If she finished sooner you might have avoided those particular critters entirely.

Good looking plant though, even if there isn't so much amber it'll still be a good addition to your stash. good luck with her.:goodluck:

i have an ozone maker big one in the house where the rooms and the screens take place...it keeps the house fine, and the buds while on the screens have no odor, but when put in jars, have all the smell...the screens are in a box with fan and in dark....if anything is wrong, anyone we know can tell...we tested all last yr to see, and it turns out the same...i think having a box around the screens really helps tho...no odor at all over there...here with jars is a diff. story, open the jars to air and turn and we have to turn on the exhaust fans...stanky...so i would say no...L

beautiful plants and oh yukk, i do hate worms...they remind me of snakes...yukk again...hope you get them in before they get all over them....good luck...L

Hi sonzor, great pics, as always. Too bad the timing is late for spraying. If she finished sooner you might have avoided those particular critters entirely.

Good looking plant though, even if there isn't so much amber it'll still be a good addition to your stash. good luck with her.:goodluck:

Thanks Mmmmick, maybe but I have been fighting those little buggers for months. They just love my plants... Been pulling her down the last couple of days mostly because of the heat been over 110 here and the plant did not like it one bit... Thanks for stopping and your comments are always appreciated.

i have an ozone maker big one in the house where the rooms and the screens take place...it keeps the house fine, and the buds while on the screens have no odor, but when put in jars, have all the smell...the screens are in a box with fan and in dark....if anything is wrong, anyone we know can tell...we tested all last yr to see, and it turns out the same...i think having a box around the screens really helps tho...no odor at all over there...here with jars is a diff. story, open the jars to air and turn and we have to turn on the exhaust fans...stanky...so i would say no...L

beautiful plants and oh yukk, i do hate worms...they remind me of snakes...yukk again...hope you get them in before they get all over them....good luck...L

Thanks Lavendar, went out and bought one yesterday for harvest. Cant say it helped too much, Holy cow had four buds I cut down and put in the room to dry and within 20 to 30 min my whole hose just reeked and I have a huge house there was no escaping that smell anywhere. Wife flipped a switch. I put a make shift carbon filter over the box and it helped a little. I think these buds are just a little too stinky to control. Just going to have to ride it out I think... Thanks for stopping in and your comments

Get yourself a bear bag. They use em for camping to avoid the bears from smelling your food. Great for curing and transporting but your gonna still need to dry em to avoid mold. Suggest a bathroom cabinet and run the exhaust fan 24/7. :goodluck:

Have you thought about using spores to combat the bud worms? They sell a spray that has some kind of non toxic spore that only kills worms that eat it.

Nice to see you're still at it Sonzor!

Get yourself a bear bag. They use em for camping to avoid the bears from smelling your food. Great for curing and transporting but your gonna still need to dry em to avoid mold. Suggest a bathroom cabinet and run the exhaust fan 24/7. :goodluck:

Thanks herbsnbuds, The wife only give me one room for drying and I am pretty lucky to get that and if I don't get the smell under control I won't even have that. I think I have it figured out with a home made carbon filter but it seems to be drying out my buds a little too fast. I think I will just pull them from the box a little early and start curing a little earlier than usual. Thanks for the idea, comments and stopping in...

Have you thought about using spores to combat the bud worms? They sell a spray that has some kind of non toxic spore that only kills worms that eat it.

Nice to see you're still at it Sonzor!

No I have not OBX but I will research it for sure. The azamax seem to work for a few days but then need to be reapplied. I have putting stuff all over my plants but the azamax is organic so hopefully their will not be too much affects on the plant... Thanks for the idea and stopping in...

Whats up all, first off just wanted to say how much I appreciate you guy hanging around when all others have jumped ship. It is much appreciated.

Ok, harvested my one plants, did not have a lot of time so had to spread the harvest out over three days. I know pretty silly for one plant but work and family comes first.

These are pictures of the first bud that I took down, it has been drying for 5 days and is now in jars for a cure. The dry weight is around 40 grams so I figure the whole plants should give me approx 160 or so grams which for me is not too bad. The first pic is a pretty good size buds weighing 10.4 grams. I will give out an exact dry weight in a few days.

The smell of these buds is really overwhelming, cant wait to get them into jars and get the wife to stop saying how much it stinks... Go to love the ladies..

Anyway enough with the yapping. Here are some pics of the crop..

lbh_10_01_2010_01_1.jpg

lbh_10_01_2010_01_2.jpg

lbh_10_01_2010_01_3.jpg

lbh_10_01_2010_01_4.jpg

lbh_10_01_2010_01_5.jpg

lbh_10_01_2010_01_6.jpg

lbh_10_01_2010_01_7.jpg

lbh_10_01_2010_01_8.jpg

Very nice sonzor.:thumb: Lots of trichs layered on those buds. It's nice to see you get a good chop after the flyby caused such grief. Well done brother.:cheer:

reps if I can.

absolutely beautiful....my ionizer/ozonator, paid around 4oo for it, anyway, it makes NO odors in our old house we use....its outside of the tents, not around plants...but no smell until you open the tents, and our drying box is in the same room, opposite, about ten ft away, so it doesnt bother the buds either, but no smell...
great looking plants....L

Very nice sonzor.:thumb: Lots of trichs layered on those buds. It's nice to see you get a good chop after the flyby caused such grief. Well done brother.:cheer:

reps if I can.

Thanks Mmmmick, yes these buds a covered and super sticky and beyond smelly. The only thing missing is they are not as dense as I would like but I think I can do a better job next time. We will see. It is nice to have some sort of a harvest. I cant help but wonder how those Durban Poison plants would have done but what are you going to do. Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

Awesome shots Sonzor, I had a little caterpillar/budworm myself, the dang thing was stupid high. :laughtwo:

He wasn't eating the buds, but he got a few leaves, owell, not in it for fan leaves, but I do love sugar shake. :cheesygrinsmiley: :nicethread: :goodjob:

Thanks grandaddie, much appreciated. Lucky you that thing did not get into your buds. Must not be the same kind cause if you have one of these little bud eaters you would have lots of them. Thanks for stopping in and your comments...

absolutely beautiful....my ionizer/ozonator, paid around 4oo for it, anyway, it makes NO odors in our old house we use....its outside of the tents, not around plants...but no smell until you open the tents, and our drying box is in the same room, opposite, about ten ft away, so it doesnt bother the buds either, but no smell...
great looking plants....L

Hello lavendar, yours much be different than mine. I only paid 60 bucks. I am sure that is the difference. In the past the smell has not been that much of an issue but these things are very, very smelly. But what are you going to do. I love the smell of these things... Wife is just going to have to deal with it for a while.... Thanks so much for hanging around and your comments...

Ok, boys and girls, all the buds are in dry and curing. I was a little short on my estimate of the weight. Total dry weight was 111.82 grams and will get a little less after their cure but I am not too disappointed at this point I am lucky to have anything.

Sorry for the scattered post on this journal but a lot has happened this year and hopefully I can avoid all the issues on the next one. But I do appreciated all you guys who stuck in their and spent you time checking it out and all you comments and advise it was greatly appreciated.

You can close out this journal... Thanks 420

Back
Top Bottom