Outdoor grow question

Cannabisfarmer

420 Member
We just cleared a big spot about a half acre of our land with a excavator for a grow, neighbors about 100 yards away on one side, other neighbors about 250 yards on the other side.
The highway is about 400 yards from the grow site..
I'm curious as to how to go about finding out when and if a helicopter might/will
Be flying looking for grows.
Hell I live on the same property 250 yards from the grow site .. gonna put a steel cable up on the drive way and have another large grow on up in the mountains.. just concerned that if a chopper was flying that the grow site would be found and then a man is royally
F-----!
My cousin said that by early summer it will green up enough to camoflauge it and not to worry about it. .
I'd like to hear other outdoor growers chime in and let me know what they think. maybe I'm concerned for nothing
But I'd like some input

Even in summer cannabis green sticks out vividly especially in a clearing. There is no hiding a grow if they are indeed looking. I think you're gonna need a man on the inside to figure out the helos schedule. In any case an illegal outdoor grow on or beside your own property is probably about the dumbest idea I've heard in a while.

We just cleared a big spot about a half acre of our land with a excavator for a grow, neighbors about 100 yards away on one side, other neighbors about 250 yards on the other side.
The highway is about 400 yards from the grow site..
I'm curious as to how to go about finding out when and if a helicopter might/will
Be flying looking for grows.
Hell I live on the same property 250 yards from the grow site .. gonna put a steel cable up on the drive way and have another large grow on up in the mountains.. just concerned that if a chopper was flying that the grow site would be found and then a man is royally
F-----!
My cousin said that by early summer it will green up enough to camoflauge it and not to worry about it. .
I'd like to hear other outdoor growers chime in and let me know what they think. maybe I'm concerned for nothing
But I'd like some input
Just my 2 cents, but if helicopters were flying overhead and expressly looking for cannabis then I would think in the open they would easily spot it. I wonder if you could grow a few plants, a row of them under some sun/shade cloth that lets the light in but is opaque to look thru, especially from overhead, and on the ends out from under the sun cloth plant a couple of tomato plants or similar so looks like it's your vege patch poking out.

Even in summer cannabis green sticks out vividly especially in a clearing. There is no hiding a grow if they are indeed looking. I think you're gonna need a man on the inside to figure out the helos schedule. In any case an illegal outdoor grow on or beside your own property is probably about the dumbest idea I've heard in a while.
We done fine last year although the grow was about 2 miles back in the mountains
Hey buddy I told him that having a clearing like that was asking for trouble
My idea was to plant a shit load of auto flowers in that clearing so in around 4 months we could get em harvested and hung up to dry and no one would be the wiser as they grow short (at least the strain I had selected only grew to around 3 1/2 feet. When I grew outdoors I always made damn sure that my plants got good sunlight but remained hidden. Some people just don't understand the term GORILLA GROW. As it stands I told him it was a retarded idea and that clearing was no longer a consideration. The place was fine at the start. Would have easily concealed the plants. But he went and fucked it up by over doing it.

Just my 2 cents, but if helicopters were flying overhead and expressly looking for cannabis then I would think in the open they would easily spot it. I wonder if you could grow a few plants, a row of them under some sun/shade cloth that lets the light in but is opaque to look thru, especially from overhead, and on the ends out from under the sun cloth plant a couple of tomato plants or similar so looks like it's your vege patch poking out.
I like your idea with the tomato plants I was also thinking about SUNFLOWER'S
what do you think about that idea?
On a side note, what if a man put about 25-30 short growing autos in that spot?
As I told another growers on here
The clearing was fine but my boy got a big head and over cleared the area.

Any sort of symmetry can be seen from the air, rows and such stick out as well
What's your thoughts on autos in a clearing like that? And also what if a man planted sunflowers around there?
I was thinking autos, 4 months to grow
Start April....harvest July before anyone figures it out?...although my common sense tells me to abandon the area completely and go further back in the mountains

Sunflowers might work, it just has to be enough so it won't be eye catching. How many plant are you thinking. I'm a big fan of small grow and multiple location.
He wanted 30 photoperiod plants in that area. I thought about 20-25 autoflowers
In the same area but plant some sunflowers around the area to break it up. But if the sunflowers would break up a cannabis plants profile. Maybe that would work?. Also thought about LST
To break up profile. Got a couple of thieves around here. (Rippers)
That's why we are a little hesitant to have them planted here and there because this year I will have to camp out to watch the grow around a month before budding time to keep the thieves away

In any case an illegal outdoor grow on or beside your own property is probably about the dumbest idea I've heard in a while.

I'm going with this. Even IF it's leagal a 1/2 acre patch 400 yards from a highway (likely elevated) is like a billboard for thieves and thats a legal grow. Plus your neighbors WAY too close - you know your weed gonna stink up the place eventually. Thats gonna piss off your neighbors. A helicopter be the last of my worries if in the USA. Well until mid to late September. Then all bets off.

Try building some large hoop houses with closed ends (doors) and grow inside them - gonna get you more stealth and likely more weed.

Ya trying to disguise a grow with sunflowers or tomatoes in the midst of a recent clearing? I dunno that would look obvious as F to my eyes. I've spent quite a bit of time in light aircraft actually, you're not going to be hiding anything from them trust me. Especially if they have a FLIR camera they would see your plants from literally miles away.

Elevated?. Yeah you could say that.
Gonna go out and try to get a pic of the area to post. I said all along that if he would have left it the way it was the first time things would have worked out pretty good...I'm slightly pissed off that he would be so reckless. Considering that it's his own damn property.. about 20 yards down the main highway driving up to the place you can see everything...
Just don't understand why a man would ever think clearing such a spot is a smart idea. You would think a man with 40 years of growing experience and hiding big grows would know better.
SMDH

Ya trying to disguise a grow with sunflowers or tomatoes in the midst of a recent clearing? I dunno that would look obvious as F to my eyes. I've spent quite a bit of time in light aircraft actually, you're not going to be hiding anything from them trust me. Especially if they have a FLIR camera they would see your plants from literally miles away.
Dude that's exactly wtf I thought and exactly what I said to him. Told him it was too reckless and assanine.. (facepalm). Just to be clear I did not have anything to do with clearing that spot..
Wasn't even my idea. Fuck, I wanted to go back a couple miles in the mountains and set up. (Gorilla grow)...
Clearing a new place like that was stupid on his part. I don't even know if you could get away with autos there. Gonna try to get a pic of it...but my opinion is to abandon it and live to grow another year not be sitting in a jail cell.
There are other spots here to grow
Way back in the middle of nowhere...
That's where I'm going..
If he would have left it the way it was things would have been nice...
He fucked up in a big way...
Might as well be giving law enforcement the big middle finger daring them to come do something,... That's insane!!

I'm going with this. Even IF it's leagal a 1/2 acre patch 400 yards from a highway (likely elevated) is like a billboard for thieves and thats a legal grow. Plus your neighbors WAY too close - you know your weed gonna stink up the place eventually. Thats gonna piss off your neighbors. A helicopter be the last of my worries if in the USA. Well until mid to late September. Then all bets off.

Try building some large hoop houses with closed ends (doors) and grow inside them - gonna get you more stealth and likely more weed.
I told him to leave it the way it was and things would have been cool
(facepalm)
oh no, he had to go big or go home
well screw that shit, I'm not risking my ass,..I'll plant my stuff way back In The mountains....well away from everything and everyone....kinda pissed that I live on this property and he done something so damn stupid.
it will be a good spot for next year...but this year....NO EFFING WAY

My mind tends the same way as yours. Don't drop a shit right in your own (or his) backyard! And law enforcement would be only half my worry.
Well what would be your other worries?
and for the record, I told him not to do it
That it was dumb and reckless..
my mind is made up. That area can piss off.
It's compromised way too badly now to use....anyways there are more spots about a mile up in the mountains...tats where I'm going...fuck my life....some folks don't understand the term GORILLA GROW

Back
Top Bottom