Outdoor Scandinavia

Sunday update.

Went out for a short visit yesterday and it seems like KG1 and BM2 are doing great. KG2 seems like she has had someone tasting her tiny leafs, but still fighting though. I don't think I will have any success with the rest, but I have learned where to plant my balcony ladies in a couple of weeks. Do-fail-learn-re do-do right. Like life in general.

I left my ladies with some organic fertilizer. Just a tiny bit blended in water. I hope they will be fine and left alone. Really happy to see those two doing great so far.

Almost stumbled over a moose that was sleeping. Love that wild life experience.

My balcony ladies are looking good. I will replant them in their own pots next weekend and put them out in the woods in 2-3 weeks.

420-magazine-mobile893803887.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1601163271.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1551328249.jpg

420-magazine-mobile640183263.jpg

420-magazine-mobile180806924.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1316085184.jpg

420-magazine-mobile585185606.jpg

Welcome to the journal, I hope it will be a joy ride.

Updated weather forecast. Rain today and it seems like it will be a good mix of sun and rain coming days. Not hot but warm enough to please my ladies I hope.
420-magazine-mobile367109944.jpg

You can force them to flower earlier by wrapping them in dark plastic for 12 hours every day. It's an alternate route that lets you finish before the frost kill off the plants

Thank you for the tip. Have you tried Kaya Gold? I read a journal (I guess it was from Canada) with weather similar to here and those Kaya survived all the way to harvest. But I do agree it is a tough gamble and we will see how it goes.

Hi dali, hope you don't mind I Pull a chair to watch this journal. Excited to see how it goes. I have to grows going on right now, one indoors and one outdoors. I have a journal going on for my indoor and will start one for my outdoor. Check my grow out. And happy growing!

special soil for herbs

I hope that equates to a well-draining soil; cannabis does not do so well when it is in a "muddy" environment.

My plan is to get some net around the tiny ladies to protect them from mooses and Bambis.

Netting is good. "Rabbit wire" (IDK what it is called there, it has square holes too small for rabbits' feet to go through) works, too, and is easy to cut/bend. Of course, if something steps on it...

Best deer "deterrent" I have ever found was a few grams of lead. Turns out a deer won't bother a single plant when the deer resides in one's refrigerator ;) . I'm not a big fan of venison, but it's tolerable when pressure-canned (and shelf-stable).

This solution also works a treat for rabbits and squirrels, and I suspect it'll also prevent a moose from bothering your plants.

I have some mint seeds, maybe I will plant these as well. I read those guys keep rodents away and I know they grow pretty quick.

Pretty quick? Think "bamboo," lofl. About ten years ago I planted one mint plant in a corner garden in my backyard. Now it appears that myself and - several of my neighbors - get to smell mint every time we mow our yards, because it has traveled. If this plant is not native to your area, you should treat it in the same way you'd treat bamboo or multiflora rose... as an invasive species! Otherwise, you might end up with more mint than anything else :rolleyes3 . And that could become a bit of an issue for any native species of plant that do not compete well...

In regards to drying one's harvest outdoors: A friend tried that about ten years ago. Reportedly, he had it hidden from sight. The smell, though, lol. We assume that whoever followed the scent of cannabis... enjoyed the fruits of my friend's labor.

Good evening,

Haven't been able to visit the ladies in the woods. I will do a visit in a few days and I hope my top prospects are doing good!

Next up my balcony project.

Just replanted my BM4 and JH4. JH4 is very tiny and I guess she is not suited for temperatures in Scandinavia. BM4 looks good, but it seems like a naughty bird has been tasting a leaf. Leave my ladies alone!

I guess I will have them at the balcony for some extra weeks. BM4 might be ready for the woods in 2 weeks and JH4 (if she starts growing) in 3-4 weeks.

Does anyone have experience from growing Blue Mystic Auto and Jock Horror Auto outdoors?
420-magazine-mobile265956749.jpg

420-magazine-mobile61250584.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1695830509.jpg

May the weather be with me!

Is it just me, or does that soil look like mud? Do you have perlite (perhaps invisible perlite, lol?) or something else in there to help facilitate both drainage and aeration of the root zone?

We do not have a separate Outdoor Grow Journals section, because there just don't seem to be a huge amount of outdoor journals - so I couldn't just skim through such a section looking for those strains. But I did a "site-search" via an Internet search engine (type site: plus the web address of this forum, then a space, then your search terms (two-word terms should be enclosed in quotation marks, like "jock horror"), and the search engine will perform its regular search operation, but only on this specific forum).

I found a few outdoor Jock Horror grows, but most had been abandoned. You might find something useful in one of these threads:
Deege420 Outdoor Garden
Outdoor Grow - Jock Horror/White Widow Mix - Composted Manure - Soil - Potting Mix
Jock Horror Auto's
Masonman's - Hi-Brix - Jock Horror - 2016

Thank you, I will take a look.

No it is proper soil for plants and herbs, so I hope it will drain good enough. It looks a little bit muddy because I just put water in the soil.

I will check tomorrow how good drainage is.

Hello!
Went out to the woods today and KG1 and BM2 are doing good. I have taken away the plastic cans now, because they were to small and I guess that's why KG1 looks unhappy.
I gave both ladies a good dose of water and a blend of water/organic fertilizer.
I made a gamble today and left the ladies without protection, so I hope they will be left alone.

BM4 is looking good, really showing good growth. JH4 is still very tiny. Interesting how big difference it can be for two different kind of ladies growing in the same environment.

Almost forgot!

The sentence... KG1 is giving a light citrus smell now. It was lovely to experience.

420-magazine-mobile480163325.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1877523259.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1853792276.jpg

420-magazine-mobile131166980.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1503301941.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1871527292.jpg

420-magazine-mobile684318633.jpg

420-magazine-mobile196713593.jpg

Over and out!

Forgive me, but there does not appear to be a great deal of audience participation. Which may be fine with you, IDK. But if you'd like to (potentially) get more people to stop by, try adding a link to your grow journal to your .SIG (signature) in your User CP, and then visit various other threads - that way, when you post something, be it a question, an answer to someone else's question, or just a "Nice job," people will see the link at the bottom of your post. There's no guarantee that people will come running, of course. But it'll probably get you a few more visitors.

One reason I've been following along is that I like outdoor grows, but many times they're in areas where the climate provides for a significantly longer growing season than I have here. That certainly isn't going to be the case with your grow, lol, unless they moved Scandinavia considerably closer to the equator than it was the last time I checked ;) .

Forgive me, but there does not appear to be a great deal of audience participation. Which may be fine with you, IDK. But if you'd like to (potentially) get more people to stop by, try adding a link to your grow journal to your .SIG (signature) in your User CP, and then visit various other threads - that way, when you post something, be it a question, an answer to someone else's question, or just a "Nice job," people will see the link at the bottom of your post. There's no guarantee that people will come running, of course. But it'll probably get you a few more visitors.

One reason I've been following along is that I like outdoor grows, but many times they're in areas where the climate provides for a significantly longer growing season than I have here. That certainly isn't going to be the case with your grow, lol, unless they moved Scandinavia considerably closer to the equator than it was the last time I checked ;) .

Hello,

Thank you for your participation.

I believe more will find the journal if and when my plants continue to survive.
I do this journal for me to have something to go back to during winter when I plan for next year growth.
This season is more trial-error-learn to maximize potential next year.
So far I have a pretty good understanding where to focus my ladies next year. I will also veg them 4-5 weeks before letting them out in the free.
Next year I will probably pre-dig some holes in the ground and fill with good soil approx 1 month before the ladies arrive.

Yes, Scandinavia is still up north of the planet. Maybe the climate change will do some good for this kind of growth during autumn... I just have to wait and see.

I know I will try Kaya Gold and Blue Mystic Auto again next year, but Jock Horror is not suited for the weather here. It grows super slow.

I guess the perfect lady up north would be a Kaya Gold Auto, but I don't think it exists?

Wich leads me to another question...

Can I make a Kaya Gold Auto? How do I do that?

/Dali

Yes, Scandinavia is still up north of the planet. Maybe the climate change will do some good for this kind of growth during autumn... I just have to wait and see.

Or you can be proactive and burn as much coal as you can. Heat the planet, baby! :laughtwo:

Can I make a Kaya Gold Auto? How do I do that?

Basically, you have to cross Kaya Gold with some cannabis ruderalis.

Or you can be proactive and burn as much coal as you can. Heat the planet, baby! :laughtwo:

Well, I leave that part to Trumpland. ;)

Is it a KG male I have to cross with a female auto of another strain? Or the other way around? Is there auto males?

Is it a KG male I have to cross with a female auto of another strain? Or the other way around? Is there auto males?

I'm not sure. I just know that the autoflowering trait comes from the Ruderalis subspecies. So my guess is it doesn't matter which way you cross them, you just have to cross the strains and then select for the autoflowering trait (and the desirable Kaya Gold traits you want to keep). But that's just a guess, don't take my word for it. I'm sure someone else can give you a better answer.

Or you can be proactive and burn as much coal as you can.

Sincerely hoping that was a joke, lol.

...and this takes more than one generation to guarantee that the seeds you produce will all be auto-flowers. Several years ago, some breeders (or "breeders?" it's kind of a pollen-chucker level [/FAIL] :rolleyes3 ) must have forgotten that, because there were seeds sold that... may or may not have automatically flowered, lol. That kind of thing annoys a lot of people.

Is it a KG male I have to cross with a female auto of another strain? Or the other way around?

You may find that, were you to do both, you'd have different results from each pair of parents.

Is there auto males?

Sure, if you buy regular (IOW, not feminized) auto-flowering cannabis seeds. You can also do things to a female cannabis plant which cause it to produce male flowers, but it'd probably be easier (and, ultimately, better) to just pick regular seeds.

Thank you for the answers. I guess it will be a project over several years then, might be more effective to ask Nirvana if they are working on a KG Auto... or better up a KG that blooms a little bit faster. The perfect outdoor plant up north should have a window from seed to harvest mid May - end/beginning Sept/Oct.
Wishes in the sun!

Back
Top Bottom