Over watered - What to do now?

stillblazen

Hello 420,

I over watered my plant, she is getting droopy and im freaking out lol

-gOCFPy5ebk1tRldt9cyPp_OupJTNZthR4pPzsrhv2s.jpg

Is there any solution for that? :(

Overwatering doesn't mean watering it too much at one time. That's not possible. It means watering it too often- keeping the roots soaked. The plants do well with a wet-to- dry cycle. Your plant is a decent size and unless it's in a huge pot, won't have trouble drinking that water. Just make sure to let it go till the pot feels dry and light before soaking it down again. Cannabis loves that wet-dry routine and the roots grow best when quite dry.

Overwatering doesn't mean watering it too much at one time. That's not possible. It means watering it too often- keeping the roots soaked. The plants do well with a wet-to- dry cycle. Your plant is a decent size and unless it's in a huge pot, won't have trouble drinking that water. Just make sure to let it go till the pot feels dry and light before soaking it down again.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Thats good to know.
I'm growing in a 5 gal pot, i usually stick my finger 2'' deep in the soil and water if its dry. seems like its storing water in the bottom :(

Here is some more pics
eS92cN9uWsmLjMF1T_yAQqBIknmXjWn8_SylCXLHAyk.jpg
kuFhNAIqi5mf_tsrS1pCaInWO4RbWZMehHZ5G1_ooSk.jpg
qAQ-Sx4jUIjoD7MUp43TOm9F5SjMr4DWJdhev8zkpjg.jpg

Really the only way to tell when to water, IMO, is to lift the pot a bit. You'll quickly get a feel for when it's light. It can go to almost wilting before watering. I have pots all the time that are dried out at the edges and top but wet inside, in which case I just touch up the dry spots but wait till the pot is light before watering completely. Cannabis loves that wet-dry routine and the roots grow best when quite dry. Soil/medium should have good drainage. About 3-6 days would be the ideal wet- dry cycle- which is based in the size of plant/pot ratio along with the temps, RH, and drainage qualities of the medium. Staying wet for more than a week is getting into overwatering territory.

Really the only way to tell when to water, IMO, is to lift the pot a bit. You'll quickly get a feel for when it's light. It can go to almost wilting before watering. I have pots all the time that are dried out at the edges and top but wet inside, in which case I just touch up the dry spots but wait till the pot is light before watering completely.

Thats awesome, thank you man.

So my problem is just over watering not intoxicity or something like that? and will it survive?

Dont wanna lose my baby :(

The droopy leaves do look a bit like N overdose but they could be just from drowning roots as well. Or even a bit of both. They don't feed well when soaked and can't access the available nutes so things get complicated quickly. I don't feel qualified to say whether or not it's overfed, just from the pic. Though maybe someone else could. I can say that it won't die- as long as the roots get a chance to recover. If your medium is to blame because of poor drainage though, I would transplant rather than continue in crappy medium. Transplanting won't hurt it and it will thrive afterwards. Hopefully though, all you have to do is water more carefully.

Try running a fan or two or a dehumidifier to help the process. As mentioned above watering is more important than people think. Most problems are caused by very simple mistakes! Temps, PH, Watering etc.... Keeping the basics in check leads to a good grow and success! Good luck and Happy growing!

Hopefully your soil and pot has good drainage. If so, just stop watering until it asks for it (you'll know 'cuz it will start looking like it does now). Never water just because the top few inches feel dry. The perched water table means there will always be way more water at the bottom of the pot than the top, and the bottom is where the roots get drowned. Like WC said, get used to what a dry pot feels like. Lift it. That's what you want before watering. Best of luck.

Thank you guys, thats some real good useful info.

do you recommend to wait until the over watered plant dries and take it out of the pot to check for root rot?

I wouldn't transplant or root prune while it is this far along. Since I don't know what you could do for it if there is root rot, I'd leave it be. No sense knocking it out of its home unless you have a plan in place if you do see problems.

stillblazen, Your pot has drainage holes, right?

Back
Top Bottom