Parnelli's Red Covid Reveg

parnelli

Finally a successful re-veg; thanks to those that have provided some much needed advice on how not to kill a plant after harvest. I nursed this plant along for a little more than 3 weeks b4 I noticed the rounded leaves. I changed lighting to 24/0 for about a week then went to 18/6. I also switched nutes to my mix of veg nutes (50% Miracle Gro All purpose and 50% Miracle Gro Miracid). This plant is a Panama Red grown from a seed sourced thru ACE Seeds. I like their landrace Panama Red strain - it has a pleasant lemony/citrus aroma, tastes good, and give a mellow, energetic, cerebral buzz.

2021.47.JPG

Finally a successful re-veg; thanks to those that have provided some much needed advice on how not to kill a plant after harvest. I nursed this plant along for a little more than 3 weeks b4 I noticed the rounded leaves. I changed lighting to 24/0 for about a week then went to 18/6. I also switched nutes to my mix of veg nutes (50% Miracle Gro All purpose and 50% Miracle Gro Miracid). This plant is a Panama Red grown from a seed sourced thru ACE Seeds. I like their landrace Panama Red strain - it has a pleasant lemony/citrus aroma, tastes good, and give a mellow, energetic, cerebral buzz.

2021.47.JPG
Good job on her my friend.

Nobody had any thoughts about outside reveg. It was a beautiful day so I planted Red in the one spot in my yard that can't be seen from public space. It is going to rain tomorrow and with no frost on the horizon I thought it safe to put her outside. She looks like a bush and I hope it gets to about 7 feet tall by October. :yummy:
2021.48.jpg

Nobody had any thoughts about outside reveg. It was a beautiful day so I planted Red in the one spot in my yard that can't be seen from public space. It is going to rain tomorrow and with no frost on the horizon I thought it safe to put her outside. She looks like a bush and I hope it gets to about 7 feet tall by October. :yummy:
2021.48.jpg
There is enough leaves left for photosynthesis so you should be fine.
Hope its a beast. With it being a monster you will probably have to hit it with silica to firm up some of the skinny branches she will throw at first.
Bill

I'm afraid "Red is Dead". The recent cold snap has snow and sub-freezing temps in SE Michigan. I'll get home tonight and be able to take a good look at her in the sunlight tomorrow. I'm mega-bumm'ed.
Aw crap, hope she pulls thru. Don’t rip her out of the soil just yet even if it looks really shabby, you never know it may take a few days of warmer temps to come back around
Might not be as bad as you think. Depending on where you are in the southeast corner the temps might have gotten to only 31 or at worst 28 by dawn this morning. It is tonight and tomorrow morning that could get very cold but the forecast is changing slowly.

It is possible that you will not be able to tell if it was damaged for a couple of days so leave it in the ground. Toss a bed sheet or very light weight blanket over it tonight and take off when it hits 32 tomorrow morning.

If it survives this part of it's adventure through life it should be good to go for the rest of the season.

We know the plant would survive some snow and below freezing temperatures in the fall. Just how much it will survive in the spring while it is still growing roots and hardening off is the problem. I went out this morning at about 5 am and it was not as cold as I thought it would be. Might have been able to leave them out but the extra walking and carrying probably would make the cardiologist happy with the extra exercise.

Tonight's forecast if for lows of 37-38 so I am thinking of taking the plants back out this afternoon.

Have some sick plants in the basement and I want to get them into the backroom very soon to see what, if anything, the sunlight does.

I sure messed up putting Red outside when I did. It's still cold in the early morning and that's doing nothing to help her revive.
Give it some time. This might have been the last cold mid-30s morning of the season. The 10 day forecast has 40 to low 40s at night for my area of Macomb county for the next 10 days and most of the afternoons a high of mid-50s to 60. That will encourage it to think that spring has sprung.

It has been cold enough that the plant is just sitting there in a semi-dormant stage waiting for the soil to start warming up again. Kinda like late October and early November when the plants stop growing except for the buds slowly ripening.

Red is looking deader than a doornail. I'll leave the plant in the ground hoping beyond hope that as the weather warms she shows some life.
That plant certainly did not handle the cold spell at all.

To think of it, a plant like that in October could handle a frosty night and a couple of days later several inches of snow and not show any damage at all.

@parnelli last year when I did a gorilla grow I had the same thing happen. I had the girls in the ground on 4.20 and sure as can be, when May roll around I deal with sub-optimal temps(low 30's high 20's). Anyways I believe as long as you keep them water they will bounce back. As long as you see green she well come back.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom