Paulwall's First Grow Ever

I am using tap water, and i am using general hydroponics micro and grow nutes. I used 1 tsp per gallon of water. I just want my babies to keep growing and be nice and healthy lol. You guys are great help and tomarow i'll throw up another update.

Alright so i finally got a chance to check out the babies and realized that i seem to have some nute burn or light burn not really sure what but you guys will be able to see in the pictures some of them have yellowed up a bit and one of them even has a rust type spot in the middle and another has a yellow spot. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any tips for the problem, besides the yellowing the two wonder women on the left are really starting to grow.
IMG00059-20100210-1933.jpg

IMG00058-20100210-1932.jpg

IMG00057-20100210-1932.jpg

IMG00056-20100210-1932.jpg

IMG00055-20100210-1932.jpg

You can see in the last picture the rust spot i was talking about.

Paul,Just a quick ques,do you know what your tap water ppm is ? That can really effect your ph ! I use nothing but bottled water ,add my nutes adjust ph and bam it stays good . My tap water was 580 ppm which is very high and you never know how good or bad it is unless you have it checked . You may need to add a little Cal-mag for added mag. :peace:(to the bottled water)

I have no idea i dont have a ppm meter. Wouldnt bottled water get pretty expensive? Anyways do you think that is nute burn?

well the stems of a couple of them turned purple but all the new stems that have grown have been fine. I am making sure the ph stays at about 6 or a little lower.

I realized a mistake i was making last night the water i was spraying them with the spraybottle was never ph'd prior to last night and i think that might have impacted them a bit.

Paul I buy 2 2 1/2 gal containers for 5 bucks thats 1 dollar a gallon. I might use 10 gal a wk. But once I add nutes and ph it stays there !! I' just found a sorce for a RO unit at 200 bucks and it will deliver up to 100 gal per day ! Whenever Iget an extra 200 bucks thats what I'll get . Do you have a small fan gently blowing over your young plants ? It will help to strengthen your stems ! Do you have anything to check your ph ? All you need there are either the little bottle of liquid or the test strips . They work good enough. :peace:

yeah i have two fans on them and i use the litle bottle of liquad where you add a couple drops and it shows the color of what the ph is. Eventually i am going to get the electronic more persise one.

Hell that bottle is good enough for ph and it's cheaper !! I got a hanna ppm meter for under 30 bucks it works great !! :peace:

Damn how did you get such a good deal, but anyways i looked at the babies they are definatly starting to grow and the ph has been stable the past coupledays i just hope this yellowing stops.

Sounds like the SH nutes? They worked most of the way through my first grow !! I just bought some Sensi A and B from Advanced Nutrients, I haven't started them yet I want to finish using up the Botanicare first. They told me that they were the best so we'll soon see. So far I've been smoking my first hydro grow , I haven't cured it all yet but I don't want to have to spend money on weed when I've finally got some of my own.Plus I haven't worked since before Christmas. It sure is nice smokin free weed! Speaking of smokin weed I have yet to smoke anything tonight ! Time to go :peace: grow more weed !!! Take care Paul

So i the problem seems to have worsened a little althought they seem to start growing a bit more here are some pics from yesterday. Is this nute burn, should i do the 8 step remedy.
IMG00065-20100212-1526.jpg

IMG00064-20100212-1523.jpg

IMG00063-20100212-1523.jpg

IMG00062-20100212-1523.jpg

IMG00061-20100212-1523.jpg

I think im going to do a resevoir water change and just empty it all and add a little less nutrients and hopefullly they wil spruce back up.

Back
Top Bottom