Paulwall's First Grow Ever

I changed all my water up and noticed there was some algae on the bottom of my tank. So i cleaned it all up quick filled up the tank with new cold water and ph'd and added a little less nutes. I took these pictures when i was all done.
IMG00071-20100213-1525.jpg

IMG00070-20100213-1524.jpg

IMG00069-20100213-1524.jpg

IMG00068-20100213-1524.jpg

IMG00067-20100213-1523.jpg

IMG00066-20100213-1523.jpg

Are you adding nutes before or after you ph your water ? I found out it's much better to ph after you add nutes. :peace: and less is better especially in the beginning...

Yes i have noticed , I actually did use them i took them off thought during the res change because i wanted to make new ones i just completly forgot. Thanks for the reminder roseman.

So Todays day 17 in veg. I've had a few problems along the way and am still in the process of trying to figure out whats wrong with my girls. I noticed there was yet again a very little bit of algae growth. I blame myself for forgetting to put some new cup covers on. Since i had some time i decided hell with it and did another res change. I added some nutes then ph'ed my water. I am becoming very nervous that the problem is simply my shitty tap water. If thats the case i will have to start getting filtered water from the store. I noticed a couple of the yellowing plants reacted differently with the lessend nutes. the new leaves became greener and just pointed straight down. How long do you guys think i should wait to see if the plants spruce up or not before just going with store water. Well heres some pictures and any input is appreciated as always.
IMG00074-20100215-1644.jpg

IMG00073-20100215-1644.jpg

IMG00072-20100215-1644.jpg

I stumbled upon a general hydroponics feeding schedule and realized that the nut schedule says i should be adding flora bloom also during the veg state. Is this right. I havent been adding any flora bloom, is that why my plants arent doing well? Heres the link Feedcharts

I feel like an idiot for forgetting the bloom, i just figured that bloom was meant for just bloom. Do you think thats what caused the problems to the plants.

I took some pictures before i finally added some bloom gh nutrients, the new leaves comming out actually seemed a darker green and all the leaves pointed down. Hopefully with the addition of the magnisium enriched nutrients there will be some improvements.
Also, sorry for not flipping the pictures i forgot.
IMG00077-20100216-1658.jpg

IMG00076-20100216-1657.jpg

IMG00075-20100216-1657.jpg

They look happy ! Change res wkly and be easy on nutes . :peace:

I plan on changing the res again today at some point. Yeah i have noticed the new growth is definatly better but as time goes by the new growth has got a little yellow also. I was thinking that maybe i have a magnesium deficiency and might need some epsom salt. Does it look like that at all to you guys? I read somewhere if you have hard water then its hard for mg to be uptaken by the plant.

wasup Paul wall, your absolutely right about having a MG, deficiency, this same thing almost killed my grow, and what happens is your plant is lacking not only Mg, but calcium as well. The leaves start to look like they've got nute burn and the tips curl upwards like an indication if they're underfed, the distinction to look for is it happens from the bottom up (like on your plants) the leaves that were affected by the discoloration won't regenerate so when it starts to spread watch out. I've heard of the epsom salt, (never used it) but as soon as I got some calmag, my girls took off, I'm doing wonder woman as well, they're 21 days into flower now. when you get the calmag start off with 1/2 strength, run that for a week, then go to full which is 1 tsp. per gallon, and use it all the way through your plants will love you for it trust me. heres some pics when I had it, and the last couple of shots are recent. wonder woman would probably do OUTSTANDING in her own 5 gal bucket. and let me tell you this is one strain that u DEFINATELY want to top. cheers, and I hope this helps.:smokin:

IMG_07024.JPG

IMG_07034.JPG

IMG_07015.jpg

IMG_07092.JPG

IMG_08336.JPG

IMG_08315.JPG

IMG_08348.JPG

IMG_08363.JPG

IMG_08387.JPG

p.s. thats only 4 plants, just imagine how YOURS will look in a few weeks good luck champ, subscribed

Back
Top Bottom