Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

Hi Stumped. Glad to officially meet you. :Namaste:I'll throw my RO question out there while you're on the topic since you seem be to the guy for this stuff.

First grow. I'm using FFOF soil and figured to use FF Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom to make it easy first go around but plan on getting more specific nutes or tea or something more specialized next grow. Whatever I can learn. I've been using RO water up until about 2-3 weeks ago until I read the same info that's being discussed here - when nutes are pulled from RO water and not added back. I don't think these three FF nutes have everything I need for me to use RO water but wasn't at 100% sure.

When I use RO its at 7 PPM every time and out of the hose its 280 PPM tops (before nutes) and always PH to 6.5 color on bottle (i don't have a digital ph like yours but soon) After I add nutes and PH balance its always under 800 PPM. I test soil run off and it pretty matches up with the same coloration as 6.5 (wow so i really need a digital ph tester i see lol). Also I before I stopped RO there were a few leaves here and there on all 6 plants (2-3 leaves tops and not whole branches) where they could have mistaken for nitrogen toxicity (super green, sagging and you can see a little claw action) but it was RO water and I did less recommend dosage of Grow Big which is the one with high nitrogen count.

What do you think? FF Trio nutes and RO water bad news? They seem to do just fine off of tap water and nutes but is there a whole world I'm missing by not wiping the slate clean and adding every single nute back manually? I want the tastiest buds for sure but not micro manage the nutes to the point it doesn't feel like a super fun hobby. I do plan on looking into other formulas as well if you have suggestions for a second grow. Thanks I know it's a lot.
:thanks:

Welcome man. You pretty much nailed it on the head. Its an assumption I had awhile ago when I used ro water too. Seems like I was always tinkering with my plants to correct missing elements.
In hydro it made things easier just because I knew what the pH was before adding.

May not have been nitrogen, nitro od early stages will go dark green then claw almost overnight the whole plant. Isolated areas make me think magnesium and or calcium. If you bought some cal mag and added it too the ff trio it would have probably corrected it.

But in short your not doing bad with tap water, your just making less work in the end.
I like to keep things simple too, ff does have a pretty simple feeding schedule. I recommend general hydroponics flora to new growers. For many reasons, one being the Lucas formula. 2 parts of the 3 part formula, you just skip grow and buy bloom and micro. 8ml micro to 16ml bloom per gallon. PH adjust. Done deal. Start to finish.

Your actually on a more advanced schedule already then I would recommend to a new grower. And your doing fine by the sounds of things.
But I'm no salesmen nor am I promoting any products for any reason besides the most bang for your buck.
GH flora line is as cheap and as long lasting as it gets. Then once you get a few crops done and more understanding of cannabis you'll want to look into boosters ect.

I probably just raised more questions then answers lol all good ask away and well all try to point you in the right direction.

Cheers

I like to keep things simple too, ff does have a pretty simple feeding schedule. I recommend general hydroponics flora to new growers. For many reasons, one being the Lucas formula. 2 parts of the 3 part formula, you just skip grow and buy bloom and micro. 8ml micro to 16ml bloom per gallon. PH adjust. Done deal. Start to finish.

Uhm, stupid question, am i doing something wrong then? i bought the floraduo grow and bloom? am i missing something?

Uhm, stupid question, am i doing something wrong then? i bought the floraduo grow and bloom? am i missing something?

Different line. Your fine :) flora is 3 part floraduo is 2 part and floranova is 1 part.

FloraNova is also a 2 part. Grow and Bloom. That is what I am using. Works well. But no matter what, with LEDs use CalMag or other calcium magnesium additive.

WJ

Nope. Nova is considered 1 part as only 1 part is needed for flowering. Duo u need a and b to flower so its called 2 part. Regular flora is 3 part.

I probably just raised more questions then answers lol all good ask away and well all try to point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Thanks. I'm just gonna stick to tap and their recommended feeding for the rest of this grow (started less than recom first few weeks) so I can have a good comparison moving forward when I change anything up.

Don't have any questions now but I'm sure there'll be more....It's all Peytons fault if I bother you with nonsense.
:rollit:

You and me both. I'm want to knock these two down and stock up. Some long veg C99 in 10 gallon hybrid bags? Hell yes. Then I can run a few auto grows in them bags too and keep practicing my cloning on the side

wassup yall. damn when i check this thread i have to read 3 to 4 pages just to catch up daily. lol popular thread :goodjob:

what deficiency does this look like ? this is my Hawaiian skunk haze at a little over a month .

ffof soil ,flora series nutes + cal mg
ph 6.5 runoff 6.2
2014-08-27_23-15-55_932.jpg

Leaves yellowing with black tips DIEING FAST NEED HELP ASAP!

Let me start with a little information about the plant.
This is my first grow
The strain is unknown, but I know it's female

It started it's budding cycle around 5 weeks ago.-
I used mirical-grow which I know now that you are not supposed to use!-
I also over fertilized it, I use regular rain water, and I just tried "Super Thrive" last night.-
This problem was VERY RAPID. These pictures were taken just 48 hours after the first leaf at the very bottom showed yellowing.-
The are now just falling off that were turning very yellow fast, working its way up the plant and also the tips are black on most of the leaves. The white powder is just a non toxic pesticide.

Does anyone know what I can do MOST IMPORTANTLY, and what was the biggest reason this happen? ??
20140829_142236.jpg
20140829_142224.jpg
20140829_142432.jpg
20140829_142253.jpg
20140829_142242.jpg
20140830_130409.jpg
20140829_142451.jpg
20140830.jpg

The budding locations still look ok WHAT NUTRIENT SHOULD I START USING in this blooming stage?

Thanks so much for your help and advice on anything!-

Ones with canoe leaves are overdose on nitrogen, or heat stress. One with the yellow patchy leaves have a pH problem.
Flush flush flush with 6.5 pH water. 5x the volume of the container. Then wait 3-7 days or until pot is dry. Only way your gonna washout all that nitrogen and correct the pH. Mg time release usually lasts 2-3 months.
Nitrogen smoke, is horrible. Tastes like lawn clippings. Still get ya high though.

Hey Stumped,

Thanks for all the replies. No worries, I am prepared for the :love:break . I find it very rewarding everything that I've learned so far. I am doubling up on wattage later today. I need to buy some reflector clamps, I'm tired just hanging CFLs the way I am. I just got my tent and it was way way bigger than I thought lol I can grow P's in there.

As far as flushing with 6.5 ph water. I water with 7.0 pH tap water, and the pH for this plant came out as 5.8. How do I water with 6.5ph water?

My plant here looks almost there right? I'm observing her trichromes I'm not seeing any deep ambers yet only lightly tinted amber. She's in day 47 of the 12/12 seems really early.
20140830_110813.jpg
20140830_110749.jpg
20140830_102950-1.jpg
20140830_102753.jpg
20140830_102451.jpg

btw the cfls are now a bit farther than before. shes definitely swelling up

Edit: I am seeing some deeper amber now but very very minimal. Maybe spotred just a few. I will probably give her a few mpre days with more wattage.

Back
Top Bottom