photos - trimmed a flowering LST'd plant - did i go too far?

ontariogrow

Hey guys - took some advice about overcrowding in my flower room and removed a TON of fan leaves from one of my girls.. it now looks like that reindeer from the grinch who stole christmas...

anyone have an opinion? I hope she wont suffer - but i'm worried I ma have gone too far... [Bcomments?][/B]

plants are lemon skunk and are about 15 days into the 12/12 cycle

flower room before i took her out to trim...
DSC007314.JPG

the aftermath :
DSC007375.JPG

the aftermath :
DSC007375.JPG

I'm sure she will be fine, the regenerative growth rate in soil/compost is some what slower than hydro & may take a couple of weeks to regen nicely :thumb:

just as long as she keeps flowerin' i'll be a proud father
Would love to know how she looks.:popcorn: I am in my first lst/ cfl grow with bluedream and did a Major defol 7 days into 12/12. I am Very happy with my results so far.:slide:
This is "betty" she was in full veg for 6 weeks with major LST, we also did a FIM on her and she got broke and mended. This is before @ 7 days bloom cycle
Betty_20_7B.JPG

AFTER trim
Betty_21_7B.JPG

1 Week Later (14 days bloom)
Betty_23_21B.JPG

Today we are at 31 days bloom and all of my girls are looking great!

not trying to steal your journal, just hoping to make your day:Namaste:

fantastic! No worries at all :)

I can say I wish mine were flowering a little more than they are - they're big plants - i vegged for 75 days from seed ... It's my first grow and i was just focussing on keeping them alive and healthy - then into 12/12/ and they just keep growing - even after the big trim up they have bounced back huge...

I'll throw up my most recent shot and then get a good photo of the room tonight - for now here's roughly where i am at after the trim and at about 24 days into flower
DSC007485.JPG

Very nice!:goodjob:

We have been doing lst since they were 21 days from cutting, along with pretty intense defol on a regular basis. I have been called crazy:loopy:, but we will see!:peace:

Lookin good..Wish they was mine...Also. Next time you do a LST, Try using weights instead of tying the branches down. I used large fishing sinkers and put them on a wire and just hung them on the branches I wanted to move and they would bend an inch or so every day and if it's not enough, add more. It was easy to just reach in and hang a weight on a branch and in a couple days you can move the weight to the stem after it bends a little. Just something i tried that worked well. Good Luck flowering..

thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone! I'm really enjoying the project and hope that round one will be coming to a close soon and i can move my new clones into flower and my flowers - well - into a jar :)

wouldnt it be great if i was harvesting them on the weekend of 4/20? Im not sure they will be done though... all this waiting...

any point taking a tiny baby bud and drying and trying? I am so looking forward to trying what i've grown!! ah well... patience jackrabbit... such haste brings destruction...

Back
Top Bottom