Plant wilting really bad, was perfect 2 days ago

northgate

Hi All - I have 2 plants that were looking perfect a couple days ago and today they look like they might be dead. Matter of fact, that is my main question... do you think these are dead?

System: 14 plant DWC
Room Temp: 80-85 degrees
Week: 4th week of flowering
14" 2080 CFM exhaust fan for the room

About 2 days ago I was in the room trimming the bottoms of the plants to clean it up. I took a look in the room yesterday and everything looks fine, this issue is actually happening in the back corner of the room (2-3 out of 12 plants). I know these pictures have orange light so it is hard to see the leaves. Basically the leaves are very green and turned very soft. Some of them are a little crispy around the edges. I also noticed that my water level got a little too high so I am lowering it (that just happened for a couple days).

My main questions are, if these were just over watered causing suffocation to the rooms, could they bounce back?
At what point do you know a plant is dead for sure and you should pull it?

Thanks all in advanced, much appreciated ... Please ask any questions and I will answer ASAP.
dead_or_alive_4.JPG
dead_or_alive_3.JPG
dead_or_alive_2.JPG
dead_or_alive_1.JPG

Wow - not sure I have ever seen anything like that.

I am interested in hearing what others have to say.

Sorry that I couldn't help.

I am going to go with TC on this one... (my only choice).

To give the plant a chance - I would suggest that you try a foliar application of just plain water. If the plants perk up - then they are not getting sufficient water.

And if this fails, then at least we will have one more piece of data.

Just a thought,

Nitrogen Toxicity:
Leaves are often dark green and in the early stages abundant with foliage. If excess is severe, leaves will dry and begin to fall off. Root system will remain under developed or deteriorate after time. Fruit and flower set will be inhibited or deformed.
With breakdown of vascular tissue restricting water uptake. Stress resistance is drastically diminished.

is thier any way you can check the roots, you also need to keep an eye on the res temp,

it could be due to to much N, so what are you feeding them at this stage, id more than likely think its a root problem, possibly due to res temp been to high,

Here are the possible problems in order of likeliness.

The air stone conked out for those particular plants and they are drowning.
Water temp is too high for thos eplants and water can not hold enough dissolved oxygen and the plants are drowning.
You had a drastic drop in PH to those plants and/or gave a very high dose of nutes

BTW you can not overwater in a DWC. A DWC means the roots are 24/7 in water. You can however not get enough oxygen into the water (one way or another) which will drown the plants.

Plants can bounce back, but those are going through some major shock w/e the cause. Yeah they can turn back around if the problem is figured out asap, but sometimes shocked plants take a month to even begin growing again.

Id say you just got a nice bag of pre-matured morning smoke. Gets you moving without locking you out of the day.......
Then I'd check you air-supply and ppm/ph for the next time...

i dont think the water level been high would of caused this problem, i have just gone over your first post and you said these plants are in the corner of the room, does this mean the res for these 2 is getting direct light from the hid, if it is then the res temps are getting to high, you need to try and keep the res in the shade at all times unless your using a cooler, the light will just slowly heat the res up so try and keep everything in the shade that has water in it,

but like jimmy says it will bounce back but its a matter of when, do the roots look slimey or sludge in the bottom of the res, when my res got to warm i had like a slime build up on the roots so i then made a bigger res and found a way of keeping it in the shade and ive not had root problems since, are the roots dying.

let us know how things are going, but follow what jimmy says, check the air stone has not blocked up, mine i had to scrape a while back as the pours in the stone got gunked up so took a knife to it and scraped the stone then scrobbud it with a brush, worked really well then and not had problems since,

Back
Top Bottom