What do I do if my plants are growing too tall after flowering?

One more thought. Move your lights so one main one is focused on higher plants and the other on flowers and supplement with CFL lights or led lights

I do have the at different heights. Here are a couple pics for reference. I will have to fashion new hangers for the light over the tall girl. It is as high as it can go.

I'm really wishing I had done the mylar on the walls before starting this grow...live, grow, learn!

IMG-3416.jpg IMG-3417.jpg

(edited because I forgot the pics :oops: )

Hi everyone!
I am planning my first grow and was wondering how often i should water my plants and when i should start giving them nutrients from the seedling onwards!!! I haven’t added any nutes but wanted to know when to start adding and can they be out from Home Depot?.... As I stated this is my first growing and I used the MG soil.... I’ve notice that it started stretching as well and wanted to know what can I do to help it......Please Help!!!

Attachments

• F7EC9A51-3F61-4860-8FFD-ACAE00867ADB.jpeg
    F7EC9A51-3F61-4860-8FFD-ACAE00867ADB.jpeg
    581.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 34CA7421-7199-4AE1-86DF-59FB808C6731.jpeg
    34CA7421-7199-4AE1-86DF-59FB808C6731.jpeg
    667.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 85B63FE0-1C37-4582-80ED-4504E67779B6.jpeg
    85B63FE0-1C37-4582-80ED-4504E67779B6.jpeg
    575.5 KB · Views: 253
  • FF57879E-C60A-4ACA-B657-155D14F1ABC9.jpeg
    FF57879E-C60A-4ACA-B657-155D14F1ABC9.jpeg
    843.4 KB · Views: 262
Hi everyone!
I am planning my first grow and was wondering how often i should water my plants and when i should start giving them nutrients from the seedling onwards!!! I haven’t added any nutes but wanted to know when to start adding and can they be out from Home Depot?.... As I stated this is my first growing and I used the MG soil.... I’ve notice that it started stretching as well and wanted to know what can I do to help it......Please Help!!!
Stretching is likely due to needing more light. As for nutes, if you are in MG, I would repot into bigger pots with a different soil. The concern with MG is time released nutrients. My understanding is not all MG has this so you may be OK.

I also know others have done very well in MG. @Pbass Has grown well in MG if memory serves correct. He may have a few pointers. When I water seedlings I just mist the soil until I have 1 or 2 real leaves then water lightly. You should start a journal! You will get much more advice that way. Welcome to this great corner of the intertubes!

I used MG Organic Fancy Pants 2x or whatever it's called a couple rounds ago, worked beautifully in veg! I had some really nice girls going into flower in 2 gallon pots of MG. The slow release worked excellently, I only used pH'd and cal/mag'd water for the first month at least. I think I noticed a slowdown in growth and decided to start adding nutes around 6 weeks and the transition went smoothly. I tend to have a bit of a heavy hand with nutes so it probably went quick also!

Overall I was very happy with the Miracle Grow. I should disclose I got it on sale and wouldn't buy it unless it was on sale again, I usually stick with Kellogs unfertilized potting soil , it runs about 5 bucks for a 40lb bag and with that I am in total control of what my girls eat, but I can say the MG fed them fine!

I'm dealing with the same issue. Too tall! Just one of my three plants took off way early in life. Being my first grow, I was so enamored that I just kept watching (instead of starting lst). Now starting the 3rd week of flower my giant passed up the lights! it's also the slowest of the three in the flower stage. My other two girls are blooming like crazy! I've pulled the few really tall ones down but I don't think they will yield much.

I can raise the lights but then I will neglect the two that are doing really well.
Week 9.jpg P_Trim_004_D.jpg P_Trim_001.jpg
Easy Fix...

Attachments

• GEDC5537.JPG
    GEDC5537.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 296
  • GEDC5554.JPG
    GEDC5554.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 312
So if you don’t mind me asking did you use to MG soil as well and when did you start the nite process?

I feel like this was a reiterated question This is what I’ve seen and will start using hopefully for this first plant we’ll have a couple (Please lmk if I bought too much or too less will inform on the journal progress)

Attachments

• 228E0DAE-B5E3-4467-8A3F-08A41D19940B.png
    228E0DAE-B5E3-4467-8A3F-08A41D19940B.png
    249.4 KB · Views: 267
Regardless of strain, the growth or stretch after switching to 12/12 will continue for about 1/3rd the entire length of the flowering cycle. So if they finish in 8 weeks, you have at least 2 and a half weeks of vertical growth to contend with after flowering.

Tie the top shoots down now! You don't have any other option if the plants are too tall for your space and you're already flowering... it's too late to trim them back and if you can't raise the light or lower the plants you have to tie them back.

Get some good staking points either on the plant containers or in the tray and pull down the tallest shoots until they are at a managable canopy level. They will revert back to top growth and be pointing up a few hours after tying them down. You won't get the big huge top colas but you will likely increase your yield.

Author: administrator
You can super crop her I'd need be instead of haveing to cut them back

Back
Top Bottom