Phototron 2 Space Capsule: My Magical Grow Journey

It's all good miss, I'm not the one to help you sex a plant as I have only ever bought feminized seeds but if you got your seeds from a bag of weed, I would definitely be interested to see and follow along. I know that you are looking for something particular right in the node spacing but I want to make sure that I don't give you the wrong advice.

Try posting a picture of your girl's right at the node spacing where your leaves come off the main stem, that's what we will be looking for when it's time to sex the plant.

Have a great New Year's Eve if we don't speak.........

Okay so this is about as good as the pics are gunna get lol.. I tried a few different zoom options... kinda looks like a ball to me?? ... :(.
Man that will succckkkk!

Sorry for so many pics!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Week 3 Day 22 update.

More LST, FIM on 12/29. Started a light mist once in the mornings and evenings. Still watering as needed (when soil is dry about an inch from the top) roughly every 2 days.

Thanks to everyone who is tuned in on my grow!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Looks kinda like the start of a calyx to me! Hoping for a lady for you! It's the most anxious time next to harvest, sexing plants I mean lol

I've been watching you get the journal started but I think I'll sub up and wish you a happy New year! Really digging your pics!

Cheers ! . . . .

Looks kinda like the start of a calyx to me! Hoping for a lady for you! It's the most anxious time next to harvest, sexing plants I mean lol

I've been watching you get the journal started but I think I'll sub up and wish you a happy New year! Really digging your pics!

Cheers ! . . . .
Oh man that would be an awesome start for the new year! Fingers crossed . I'm definitely anxious but I know time is of essence when it comes to "my little seed baby" (as I like to call it) lol

Thanks for subbing, and for tagging along with me! I'll try to get back on track with my daily updates for you guys!

Happy New Year!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Eyes lookin like a newborn puppies right now, and surprised I made it till midnight! Lol.

Quick check on my baby before I head to bed!

1.jpg

More pics of possible signs of sex??

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

And the seedling! Week 1.. stretching for those lights alittle..
5.jpg

From those nodes you'll definitely be able to sex them. I'd say she's a female, but the next couple of days will confirm miss'.

Looking good! Soon enough your thermometer will need a new home lol.
Thanks Guy! Yeah I've already had to move it out of the soil and up on a "ledge" in the phototron lol!

Unfortunately I think I have a male though :(.

Here are some pics I took last night.. Looks like the male "balls" to me, I'm still new to this sexing though so I could be wrong lol (hopefully)

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Day 28 update.. more LST and alternating days with water, water, nutes (miracle grow)

Drinking about 2 liters every 2-3 days

Also, just got around to picking up some perlite for the soil and yeast for the co2 so I'll be giving that a go tomorrow after we (me, my girlfriend and plant) move into our new place!

I'm hoping the cold doesn't stress her out too much!

Tops tops and more tops!!! Lol

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Pinned her down alittle more..

1.jpg
2.jpg

I think the Phototron is living up to all the hype it got back in the 90's lol

I'm just concerned that it won't stop growing in width and will eventually get burned..

On that note... is there anyway to train the plant to focus more on growing in heighth without going into flowering?

Also, anyone know how I can find out what strain this is just from pictures?.. or does anyone have any guesses on what it could be??

You might want to consider giving her a hair cut, chopping a bunch of the fan leaves will allow some of the inner nodes to get more light and will give you more room around the edges.

You might want to consider giving her a hair cut, chopping a bunch of the fan leaves will allow some of the inner nodes to get more light and will give you more room around the edges.
I definitely agree but haven't chopped off any fan leaves because I've heard mixed answers. Some say the fan leaves act as "solar panels" for the plant to get it's energy and removing them is a no no. Some say chop a bunch and get some light in the middle lol so I'm confused on which route to take?

Can I remove all the fan leaves or are there certain ones to keep?

Thanks Guy! Yeah I've already had to move it out of the soil and up on a "ledge" in the phototron lol!

Unfortunately I think I have a male though :(.

Here are some pics I took last night.. Looks like the male "balls" to me, I'm still new to this sexing though so I could be wrong lol (hopefully)

896e1e820612738bf06b0c19f4b7bb03.jpg
85251793791cb96d082eea8633d292f1.jpg
8378196c324b1d5be93c3dba9500c4e9.jpg
11314f6c48f964ed6e772c800a8f0537.jpg
0d82db69829c6449f9025e931294d8d1.jpg
K one looks like a ball and one looks like a calyx XD damn that's confusing XD

I definitely agree but haven't chopped off any fan leaves because I've heard mixed answers. Some say the fan leaves act as "solar panels" for the plant to get it's energy and removing them is a no no. Some say chop a bunch and get some light in the middle lol so I'm confused on which route to take?

Can I remove all the fan leaves or are there certain ones to keep?

I only remove them if they are shading a lot of other stuff. I also try to tie them out of the way if possible.

Looking good MGB

Take the fan leaves that are touching the ground off, start there and trim as necessary

As for vertical growth, all you can do is stop training and she'll start growing up. Just keep in mind your head room as you get ready to flip-my plants stretched around 300% :S my lights are strapped to the cieling now lol

For defol, don't be afraid of harming the plant. In veg we want all those fans and stuff but as you get closer to flip, trim a couple leaves every day or two, leaves that either block budsites, are touching the dirt, or just leaves that are at the bottom of your stem , just losing color due to lack of light.

Keep in mind the plant needs leaves for photosynthesis, but if you go slow and only defol as required to clean or get light penetration, your plant will naturally replace those leaves with new ones up top-to a point of course.

I've been defoling my girls a little bit every day for the last 2 months and a half n they really could care less!

Back
Top Bottom