Phototron 2 Space Capsule: My Magical Grow Journey

I did some major leaf trimming last night. Day 29

1.jpg
2.jpg

Butttt... looks like it's a male guys :(
Checked it about 5 mins ago and took some pics... should I go ahead and get this outa here and start another seed?

Looks like a stem and ball to me..

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Ya there would be a pistil coming outta there by now :/

Sorry MGB! Luck of the draw :S

What else do you have for beans?

Edit it's still pretty small and open to interpretation tho lol

Ya there would be a pistil coming outta there by now :/

Sorry MGB! Luck of the draw :S

What else do you have for beans?

Edit it's still pretty small and open to interpretation tho lol

That's what I thought.. and that clearly looks like pictures I've seen referencing male plants.

However.. lol, this is on the node just about that one.. looks more tear dropped shaped yeah? Lol.. idk, I'm ready to cut my losses now though if it's 100% male. It's day 30 from sprout today. Start of week 5.

1.jpg
2.jpg

I have 2 more from bagseed so no clue on strain or anything else again unfortunately.

Id agree bigs.. ..shitty! I could be in for the same x 2 with my ATFs.....great job on him though miss! You've got the touch, now get some genetics and blow the sides off your Phototron with the next one!

I agree with Guy lol

Spend the money on a seed, even just 1 feminized seed.

Bag seeds can be prone to hermis and it's expensive to keep wasting your time, 20 bucks for peace of mind in terms of genetics, of course because they are your foundation, is worth it imo

I also agree with him when he says you'll do a great job! Just gotta set yourself up for success .

So miss I stumbled on to your journal and had to read thru the whole thing. That capsule is amazing and your plant is doing great. I would leave it a few more days to see if it's really a gentlemen or not. I think it's just looks too early. It's going to be a while till it's going to spew it's pollen and hurt anything.

So miss I stumbled on to your journal and had to read thru the whole thing. That capsule is amazing and your plant is doing great. I would leave it a few more days to see if it's really a gentlemen or not. I think it's just looks too early. It's going to be a while till it's going to spew it's pollen and hurt anything.
Or as Derb suggested, continue on and collect some pollen for later. Just have to be super diligent when cleaning up post grow.

You know what I'd try in there......because of her ability to stay small and compact, I'd do a hash plant. They're easy to take care of, pretty resilient and the smell they give off is that of legends lol.......yeah I'm kinda partial to them lol.

Id agree bigs.. ..shitty! I could be in for the same x 2 with my ATFs.....great job on him though miss! You've got the touch, now get some genetics and blow the sides off your Phototron with the next one!
Thanks for helping me every step of the way Guy! Yeah, even though this one is a male I figure I'll give the phototron a few more chances to see if it can successfully house a female through it's whole life cycle lol.

I never did encounter any real big issues on this grow so I'm thinking maybe I do have somewhat of a green thumb lol.

I agree with Guy lol

Spend the money on a seed, even just 1 feminized seed.

Bag seeds can be prone to hermis and it's expensive to keep wasting your time, 20 bucks for peace of mind in terms of genetics, of course because they are your foundation, is worth it imo

I also agree with him when he says you'll do a great job! Just gotta set yourself up for success .
I'm just worried because I'm in a state where marijuana is still illegal. I have browsed on a couple websites and I wanted to give seedsman a try when I can get the girlfriend to agree on letting me spend some money on seeds lol.

Until then it's seeds from bags unfortunately..

What seed vendor do you prefer?

Also, if and when I can make a purchase.. should I go autos??

Thanks for stopping by to check out my grow! The phototron seems to do a really good job, I didn't have any major issues on this grow.. knock on wood lol... I'll definitely let it stay until Friday but if there is still no change I'll be yanking it out and starting the cleaning process so I can't get something else in its spot! :)

I may read into collecting pollen and give it a shot.

Or as Derb suggested, continue on and collect some pollen for later. Just have to be super diligent when cleaning up post grow.

You know what I'd try in there......because of her ability to stay small and compact, I'd do a hash plant. They're easy to take care of, pretty resilient and the smell they give off is that of legends lol.......yeah I'm kinda partial to them lol.
I'm gunna do some reading up and see what it's gunna take for me to collect pollen off this male :).

I may just have to check out a hash plant if and when my girlfriend gives me the green light to place an order lol.

Off to Google some pics of the hash plant now... lol look what you've done!!

I definitely agree but haven't chopped off any fan leaves because I've heard mixed answers. Some say the fan leaves act as "solar panels" for the plant to get it's energy and removing them is a no no. Some say chop a bunch and get some light in the middle lol so I'm confused on which route to take?

Can I remove all the fan leaves or are there certain ones to keep?

The leaves do participate in photosynthesis but they also have energy needs and act as storage for nutrients(you arent trying to grow big leaves your trying to grow big flowers). Plants in the wild need to use those energy stores during times of variance in its life cycle, think too much rain or too little rain or cloudy and sunny conditions. Your plant doesnt technically need very many fan leaves if your providing it with everything it needs and perfect environmental conditions. I would suggest you dont remove more than 30% of the foliar mass at a single time and wait a day or two in between trimmings or you can over stress them delaying growth, causing them to hermie, or even killing them(I have never heard of someone killing a plant by over defoliation but I guess it is possible). As with everything in life balance is the key. Personally I focus my defoliation on the inner leaves to expose the lower branches allowing them to grow taller then when they are finished stretching take all the fan leaves a little at a time.

It's your first grow I wouldn't worry about harvesting pollen. Just seems like an extra hassle with questionable benefits. You said you got some bagseeds? Why not start those when you're waiting out the male? People think bagseeds are bad, but if it was your bag you know at least half the genetics. If it was good the seeds will probably be good too. Have fun!

It's your first grow I wouldn't worry about harvesting pollen. Just seems like an extra hassle with questionable benefits. You said you got some bagseeds? Why not start those when you're waiting out the male? People think bagseeds are bad, but if it was your bag you know at least half the genetics. If it was good the seeds will probably be good too. Have fun!

How would it be a hassle? I'd collect the pollen if you have limited access to seeds. Let it develop and cut him down and put him in a bag in the freezer. The pollen will be good for 6mo-1yr and you can make your own seeds even if they are regular to grow out!

How would it be a hassle? I'd collect the pollen if you have limited access to seeds. Let it develop and cut him down and put him in a bag in the freezer. The pollen will be good for 6mo-1yr and you can make your own seeds even if they are regular to grow out!

I didn't mean to sound discouraging. I just think, especially for a first time grower, that getting some buds growing is higher priority then potentially creating seeds sometime in the future. I'm all for anyone doing what they find is fun, if it's growing males and collecting pollen then by all means enjoy it, I do. .

Took somemore pics last night. Man it sucks I have a male lol... some preflowers are still looking like this though.. ?

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

I'm gunna give this plant until Friday before I root it up. I don't really have the time to wait it out then collect pollen like I wanted to.

Plan on germinating 2 seeds over the weekend though! I have 2 seeds and 1 looks alittle more promising for a female as it has the "volcano dip" on the bottom. Unless that doesn't mean anything like some people say lol

I didn't mean to sound discouraging. I just think, especially for a first time grower, that getting some buds growing is higher priority then potentially creating seeds sometime in the future. I'm all for anyone doing what they find is fun, if it's growing males and collecting pollen then by all means enjoy it, I do. .
No harm done DrDoob :). Yeah I think I'm gunna pass on collecting pollen until I get atleast 1 full grow under my belt lol. I also just don't have the time for that like I thought I would. I'm gunna have to get the male out, clean up the TRON real good, then get something else in there!

I figure I'll venture down that road after I know I can successfully produce some good females lol.

I do have limited access to seeds but time wise I just don't have it lol. The phototron is my only growing box at the moment so I see it more beneficial to me to pull this one and start another and hope for a female. :)

I may give pollinating a shot once I get a few grows under my belt though!

As I stated before, I am in no professional when it comes to sexing the plants..... But to me it looks like that's a hermaphrodite. It looks like it has both male and female preflowers.

As I stated before, I am in no professional when it comes to sexing the plants..... But to me it looks like that's a hermaphrodite. It looks like it has both male and female preflowers.
Me neither Guy, but I definitely agree with you.. Hermie.. I've been googling picture after picture lol and my plant has both characteristics of a male and female.

So... with that being said... will it still produce bud? It will just be really seedy?

Can I pluck those balls off my plant without hurting it??

Back
Top Bottom