Plant not growing well 3rd week in

i tried using them prong testers but found them a complete waste of time and not where neat accurate, mine sitting in the cupboard doing nothing, after buying a ph tester i soon found how different the readings where, but mine is not same brand as yours so hopefully yours are giving a good reading,

i even tested liquids with the prong ph reader and found it was way of actual ph readings, i only found this out as i have a big coffee table thats a tropical fish tank and needed to check ph in that and bought a liquid test kit and found the ph was off, so not used them prong readers since

i tried using them prong testers but found them a complete waste of time and not where neat accurate, mine sitting in the cupboard doing nothing, after buying a ph tester i soon found how different the readings where, but mine is not same brand as yours so hopefully yours are giving a good reading,

i even tested liquids with the prong ph reader and found it was way of actual ph readings, i only found this out as i have a big coffee table thats a tropical fish tank and needed to check ph in that and bought a liquid test kit and found the ph was off, so not used them prong readers since

Ditto... Soil prong PH test is in the garbage.

If you are giving a complete fertilizer then it doesn't matter what the deficiency is... You have a deficiency. What is causing it is the question. My guess is your PH is... too high or to low.

For soil an optimum root zone pH is between 6.0 and 7.0, with the most time spent with a pH between 6.5 - 7.0.

Iron deficiency if your soil PH is above 6.5.

Sulfur deficiency if your PH is below 5.5 ish.

Find out what your runoff PH is. Adjust PH levels and I bet your problems go away.

Make sure your LED light is at the correct height. There should be a minimum recommended level.

The run off is always dirty so i can't use the liquid ph tester :/

I grow in soil and all I use is a liquid PH tester.

Left is runoff, right is before application
P10002261.JPG

Run water through it until you can get a not so dirty sample. It doesn't have to be perfectly clean to use. IF it test in the red/orange. Your PH is too low.

or could be a case you have some kind of nutrient lockout relating to to much nutrients,

are you 100% sure its not just light bleaching due to the leds been to close to the plants, another grower had this issue not so long back, his leaves where getting bleached and it was to do with the distance from the light as your plants can suffer with bleaching if lights are to close,

any chance of good picture under natural light so we can take another look and see how its looking, we might be able to help more than,

also are you feeding nutrients with every watering you do, young plants can suffer from this as well, even bigger plants can, i used to feed every time i watered but now i got 2 or 3 waterings without nutrients and my plants are much healthier, as they get bigger i feed nutrients every other feed, that works well for me,

Ditto... Soil prong PH test is in the garbage.

Make sure your LED light is at the correct height. There should be a minimum recommended level.

are you 100% sure its not just light bleaching due to the leds been to close to the plants, another grower had this issue not so long back, his leaves where getting bleached and it was to do with the distance from the light as your plants can suffer with bleaching if lights are to close,

Should be a recommended level for your light

couldnt you filter the run off or even just leave it to settle for an hour or so, put it in the fridge and let it settle, then all the crap will settle then you could pour some of the water out to test it,

wouldnt a coffee filter work to filter the run off, not sure if that would change the ph or not using a coffee filter so cant really comment, but im sure it would settle if you let it sit for a while even at room temp,

the test kit i use is for tropical fish tanks so it tests more than ph, things such as nitrates, nitrites plus many other things you need to test for in tropical tanks,

but im pretty sure its the same as the one pictured above just under a different name, we would know a lot more if we had the ph of the run off.

Well i got the water that comes out to be clear now and i tested the PH its at around 7.2 i would say. Ummm i have about 2 plants left from the 5 :( i found out the root growth was not good enough when i transplanted them :/ One of them is still doing pretty good. I'm not giving them food or a lot of water.
IMG_20130813_215655.jpg
IMG_20130813_215644.jpg
IMG_20130813_215626.jpg
IMG_20130813_215616.jpg

The first problem on page one is all user error. The fertilizer you are using is a major salt based fertilizer, will cause lockout.

You add stuff and then when things start to dry out a bit the soil has toxicity issues.

Whats the status today? Is it all good or continuing to worsen?
I liked the comments on bleaching. i'd like to know how it was resolved here.

Back
Top Bottom