Plant too tall?

Droopydroors

So I'm going on 2 years of indoor growing and I haven't had this problem yet. I grow autos only. I also grow 3 different strains per grow, one of each. This time I went with Gorilla Glue, Alien Vs Triangle, Amnesia. Well to say the least I couldnt have picked 3 more different strains which is causing some issues in the 3x3 tent. The Gorilla Glue is about 15", Alien Vs Triangle is around 2' but the Amnesia is over 3' tall. So needless to say my lights are all over the place in the tent. The problem is the Amnesia. My tent is 6' and with my light as high as I can get I'm about 8" from the top cola and in afraid she will still grow a few more inches! What can I do other than buying a new tent? Here are some pics of the tent and my girls.
20181023_223507.jpg

Gorilla Glue
20181024_234729.jpg

Alien Vs Triangle
20181025_203932.jpg

Amnesia
20181025_203713.jpg

How far in flower are they bud?
Being that they are autos I'm not sure on an exact answer. But I can tell you she is 36 days old. I will look up super cropping but if anyone can give me a quick answer that would be great! If I remember correctly is t that like gently breaking the stem towards the top? Almost like you are breaking the inside of the stem but not a complete break? Thank you all!

Looks great bud

I've had to bend over some crazy Sativa Wenches a few times

Be ready for her to try and reach back up

Great job

I love the grow myself, don't smoke a lot either

I swear I learnots every new grow, that's what makes it fun and rewarding for sure

You could have layed a heavy object on floor in slowing bending branches over as far as u could but slowly in a span of like 8 hrs less stress the better .. i do that outside all the time so i can max out my yeild i do it very slowly and you dont gotta snap branches over like that and the plant doesnt stop to heal it just explodes everywhere light wasnt getting to and you end up with about 4 bricks on floor but you can even the branches out better and not hurting them as bad also next time when u grow dont put your light so far above plant and do scrog or something in the veg cycle

Well what you guys told me worked! And I will take the input everyone put in as well. I did think I messed her up because the stem would not stand up on it's own so I used a yoyo and then I had taped her up for a week. And now the top is standing on it's own even though I snapped it all the way through. It's amazing how strong these plants are!
20181106_215627.jpg

You could have layed a heavy object on floor in slowing bending branches over as far as u could but slowly in a span of like 8 hrs less stress the better .. i do that outside all the time so i can max out my yeild i do it very slowly and you dont gotta snap branches over like that and the plant doesnt stop to heal it just explodes everywhere light wasnt getting to and you end up with about 4 bricks on floor but you can even the branches out better and not hurting them as bad also next time when u grow dont put your light so far above plant and do scrog or something in the veg cycle

Thanks for your help. A few questions if you dont mind. So basically you are talking about lst? If so I have done that in the past with a few plants and it did work out great. I only grow autos so I usually dont mess with them too much. As far as the light goes I use led panels and I usually start with them about 3' above during seedling stage then go to 2' above during veg then about 1' during flower. Do you think that's too high? This is the first plant that has out grown my space.

You want your leafs to pray ill send you a pic of it you gotta play with your light to figure out that sweet spot but praying leafs look like this
E5142E63-4DF8-4A55-B17F-3CD7AD147579.jpeg
72C79190-8D81-46AF-909D-C1FE568FA318.jpeg

See how the leafs are pointing forwards light thats means praying!! they have found there sweet spot they are telling me yah daddy there ya go thats enough...:p

Back
Top Bottom