Please get everyone to vote liberal for legalization in Canadian election

Here's a quick list of the proposals:
Federal task force recommends marijuana be sold at store front and mail order
Minimum legal age would be 18, must be sold away from schools and not with alcohol
Canadians could carry up to 30 grams and grow four plants at home
The group of experts is also recommending that high-potency products be more heavily taxed, to “discourage” their use in the general public.
Under the proposal that was released on Tuesday, the production of marijuana for recreational purposes would follow the system that is currently in use for medical marijuana, which is overseen and heavily regulated by Health Canada.
At the same time, the report urged the federal government to eventually allow “craft” and outdoor production under strict security conditions.
Recreational marijuana would be sold under a provincially regulated system that would ensure that the drug is not distributed in the same locations as alcohol.
The sales points would be located far from schools, with the report urging the provinces to establish “limits on the density and location of storefronts.”
The report added that provinces where the legal drinking age is 19 could impose the same limit for the consumption of recreational marijuana.
In addition, the task force is calling for a number of warnings on the products, such as “Keep out of reach of children.”
On the issue of edible marijuana products, the task force is advocating a number of conditions, including ensuring they are not marketed toward children, for example by prohibiting candies and colourful packaging.
In addition, the government is being urged to ban products in which marijuana is mixed with alcohol or caffeine.
In order to ensure the public’s safety, the report said that the following activities should remain criminal: trafficking to youth, illicit production, trafficking and import/export of marijuana.
In addition, the report calls on all levels of government to “send a clear message to Canadians that cannabis causes impairment and that the best way to avoid driving impaired is to not consume.”
The government should simultaneously invest in research to set a limit on THC levels for cannabis-impaired driving, the report said.
At the same time, the government should create exemptions for “social sharing” of marijuana for recreational purposes.

Yes, if I wasn't clear that was four per residence for recreational. Medical is 5 per g per day prescription for indoor or 2 plants per g per day prescription outdoor.
Still fence sitting on trying to get my medical too.... Doesn't seem worth it now, but depends on how long this takes to implement.

I got my medical finally when I was out in BC for the month of August helping my 89 yo mom downsize. A doc in Vernon gave me 8g/day but I've been reluctant to file with Hellth Canada to grow legally. Still nervous as hell but I have the forms all printed out and ready to fill in. Hate paperwork. :)

:peace:

Hopefully that four plant recommendation is just a starting point since it obviously doesn't make much practical sense.
Also- I can legally brew as much beer and wine as I want, and I do. I suppose it's because nobody thinks I might start selling it (?). Shall I take that as an insult to my fine wine?
Reps and thanks for this info OG.

Yeah I wonder who came up with that one... oh well, at least it's not recommending a maximum square footage, or we'd have to put in high ceilings and learn how to grow trees.

Why are you thinking Trudeau Boy and his Fiberals are going to come up with anything but an excuse to tax our natual medicine? They have absolutely no inclination to allow Canadians to cure or treat themselves which would cut the donations to the Fiberals from the big Pharma guys. Or you can fork over $1500 to talk to a Fiberal decision maker who has nothing on their agenda except tax, tax, tax.

I am going to continue flying under the radar thank you very much.
Happy Growing.:volcano-smiley:

I know this is a old thread but here goes......where is this legalization? I think a lot of canadians forget or just plain dont know.....a deal was made back in the day with the UN that canada signed....in order for any legalization to happen in canada the UN will need to change its policies first....so you voted liberal for nothing :bravo:
I would never vote simply based on pot legalization.

Trudeau is a loser.

Canadians and Americans continue to vote for parties the represent the same corps but tell different lies.

Let's see. CONS AND LIBS same money from corps.

NDP gets funding from middle class.

I doubt millionaires will fix what made them millionaires.

For those who register as medical marijuana users in Canada, here is how you may have your stealthy operation compromised. NAY! The less the government interferes in my life. . . the better off I am. We don't need permission to grow tomatoes, so do not need government permission to grow cannabis without interference.
blue-cross-letter-cannabis-for-medical-purposes_1_.jpg

The recipient of this letter probably rues the day he ever told the Canadian government about his herbal medicine usage.
Happy growing
:volcano-smiley:

The only thing the the Liberal government has to offer is legalize weed which will take years. Like usual they have no idea what they are doing. The same people who did the failed Canadian Gun registry are now doing the legalization of weed another messed up project
Same people doing this one. This should be done first at a provincial level like the States

I'm for legalization but it should be done by a competent 3rd party group.Trudeau is an actor he sings his legalization but knows Jack how to do it. This is the main reason he was elected. If the only reason you vote for a government is for weed you better wake up. Legalize weed but add a Carbon Tax to it. Have you thought how high weed prices will go when the new Carbon tax is implemented?

You're worried about taxes, Really!!! I'm more concerned about people wrongfully imprisoned because they were trying to cure/minimize the effects of their ailments/disease. While being imprisoned their health degraded or even perished as a result. They always add tax when something new comes along, doesn't matter which government is in the position to do so. Also, Not everyone wants their private medical status out in the open to be abused, used and/or threatened against them. Privacy is important and becoming more scarce. Push for the four plant rule w/o restrictions or more plants with height restrictions. Peace!!

I said that "I'm for legalization but it should be done by a competent 3rd party group" The Government should legalize it and then hand over the project to a competent 3rd party non government group that has experience doing this already as a consultant. If the Feds handle it they will mess it up as usual. Try reading more than just the last line

Have you thought how high weed prices will go when the new Carbon tax is implemented?
My understanding of a Carbon Tax is supposed to reduce CO2 production. Farmers were to get a refund for the CO2 they sequestered by growing crops. Yup, crops like wheat,barley, hemp, cannabis. Each of those species uses and reduces CO2.
However the whole hokey CO2 issue is just tax, tax, tax.
Let the government stay the hell out of the cannabis market. Any agricultural producer pays corporate and personal taxes on profits. There is not a separate tax on wheat, hemp, cotton, barley or any other produce. So, there is no damn reason for taxing marijuana separately. And no reason for hokey carbon taxes applied. Carbon credits would be in order if I had any inclination to associate with the current illegitimate government, but I don't.
Happy growing,

Government cannot enforce the law of supply and demand. All they want is tax, tax, tax on my legitimate medicine. What next, tax on insulin?
Happy growing

In case I wasn't clear it isn't about enforcing it,
It just suggested the retail prices needs to be same or lower as the black market price or people will just buy black market. Makes sense doesn't it? They did the Same in Colorado for example and now it's cheaper than when it was illegal.

Back
Top Bottom