Please help diagnose

That'll be fine... Your flushing out the excess...
No worries mate.. I now want them Green and healthy almost as much as you do, lol..

On watering days the runoff will take out the extra nutes that are left over from the feeding? So how much runoff? I have not been doing alot of runoff. But I can pull them into the tub if I have to do some runoff. I guess I was getting lazy and just haven't been doing alot of runnoff water so I didn't have to pull them from the tent.

Something like, Saturday Feed-wednesday water- Saturday water (cal mag)-Wednesday water- Saturday feed...

Yeah, that's why you want runoff, so salts don't build up.. 10℅ be plenty... Water slowly also, make sure you wetting all the medium.. small watering can helps to slow down water going in...

Ok soooooo. I think I figured this out and I think Mr. Grizzwald you are correct but I don't think it is all from the nutes, let me explain. On the way home from work today I grabbed one of those moisture/light/pH probes from Lowe's. When I got home to check on the girls I noticed the my younger girl, the one I posted pictures above that looked really healthy, now has spots starting on her leaves.

So I put the probe in her soil and guess what? pH of the soil is sitting around 8!!!
Now I have only been giving her water every 4-5 days. She has had 2 feedings of veg nutes that were a "fortnight" apart, one at 1/4 strength and the second 1/2 strength.

Now to be certain the meter isn't junk I put it in the soil of the girl I just flushed and it is sitting right at 6.5 so that makes me think the meter is at least close. The reason I don't think the problem is coming from nutrients is because I have 3 babies and I put the meter in their soil ,which have only had a bit of water and otherwise zero nutrients, and the soil is reading in the high 7's. So i guess one of two things are happening either the pH meter I have been using to check the water and nutrients is way off, which I doubt because when I calibrate its only a couple of tenths off, or the soil that I'm using is fucked and the pH is way off. Thoughts? By the way I have a Bluelab arriving on Monday so I will be certain on that end. And now I will be going up to the tub to flush this GSC to correct the problem immediately.

You'll figure it out, whats causing what... We can only help so far, without being in the grow room... Hopefully youve got a clearer idea anyway... Remember to mix your nutes correctly... Don't get to stressed or searching for remedies, as this causes you to be intervening to much and being the cause of the problems...
Whats the soil called your using?
Now to really do your head in... When I grow in soil and ammend, I water in my organic nutes and would never check ph... it was upwards of 9 when I checked once (just to know) lol.... I use seaweed microbes worm juice, plastic organics but stuff works..
Im In hempys at moment using Chem nutes. Got given a line to try out....

You'll figure it out, whats causing what... We can only help so far, without being in the grow room... Hopefully youve got a clearer idea anyway... Remember to mix your nutes correctly... Don't get to stressed or searching for remedies, as this causes you to be intervening to much and being the cause of the problems...
Whats the soil called your using?
Now to really do your head in... When I grow in soil and ammend, I water in my organic nutes and would never check ph... it was upwards of 9 when I checked once (just to know) lol.... I use seaweed microbes worm juice, plastic organics but stuff works..
Im In hempys at moment using Chem nutes. Got given a line to try out....
Wait a minute you told me you thought the pH of the soil was probably raising too high and now you are saying yours was 9, lol? I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Floor. I have used it since my first grow and have about 12 plants under my belt with it. I just purchased everything I need to start doing Hempy because soil is becomming a pain in my ass.

Yes, that what I told you, as your running g into trouble that needs fixing, not me, lol.... your relying on a more synthetic hybrib approach, where mines organic. Im more feeding the soil, your feeding the plant.. it's all a learning curve and many ways to skin a cat...

Question on the Hempy Bucket. I plan on using rapid rooters to germinate and start the seed. When you first put the seedling in the Hempy do you fill the reservoir or do you just let it fill from the runoff over the first few days of watering?
I watered just a little each each day til the roots bottomed out. You will know when you hit the reservoir. I left my house one day worried about slow growth, came home 6 hours later and my plant was damn near two inches taller and wider.

I watered just a little each each day til the roots bottomed out. You will know when you hit the reservoir. I left my house one day worried about slow growth, came home 6 hours later and my plant was damn near two inches taller and wider.
I'm not asking correctly, sorry. I mean when you first put the seedling in the Hempy Bucket do you already have the reservoir filled with water or do you let it stay dry? I'm guessing you fill the reservior so it kinda wicks to the top till the roots make it down?

I'm not asking correctly, sorry. I mean when you first put the seedling in the Hempy Bucket do you already have the reservoir filled with water or do you let it stay dry? I'm guessing you fill the reservior so it kinda wicks to the top till the roots make it down?
I think you are fine either way. I place my seed directly in my Hempy and water as I said. Others I am sure pre-charge their perlite. The Hempy Headquarters thread is full of great info and many more knowledgeable people than myself.

My methods always seem to be just a hair different than the status quo, for better and worse I suppose.

I just give a little more each watering, untill the roots have had time to grow and hit the bottom, before I water for any runoff.. or i'll start them in a tall takeaway cup, turn thst into a little 'hempy' and let roots fill that before transplanting...

Well found another thing that was wrong and could be a issue. Someone pointed it out earlier in the thread. My old ph meter was way off but still calibrating correctly. That's what I get for using a cheap meter. Got my Bluelab meter in today calibrated it and testing the same water with both meters.

Old cheap meter reading - 6.7
Bluelab meter - 6.1

So that means I've been giving my plants around pH 5.5. Looking up problems coming from really low pH seem to fit what has been happening. Burnt tips, yellowing leaves with brown spots, looking like nutrient burn even though you haven't over fed. I guess time will tell but I'm figuring this out. Thanks for all you help guys.

:rofl::rofl: Your on to it mate...

I gave up on pens... I've had all sorts and due to being a stoner, they were'nt always left in storage fluid or capped.. always needing calibration before use, then check again after to make sure, lol... Drops are more reliable & easier (for me).. good to have some anyways, as a second opinion, so that doesn't happen, lol...

I gave up on pens... I've had all sorts and due to being a stoner, they were'nt always left in storage fluid or capped.. always needing calibration before use, then check again after to make sure, lol... Drops are more reliable & easier (for me).. good to have some anyways, as a second opinion, so that doesn't happen, lol...
I have drops as well but never use them because when added to a brown nutrient mix it didn't work real well. But for straight water I will use them more often...

Back
Top Bottom