Please Help Me Select Dry Herb Vaporizer?

Seniorweeder

Hey guys, my wife and I are in our 60's,, neither of us have smoked anything in years but as of lately are getting back into smoking weed for several reasons. I have bad sinuses and cough a lot anyway and she is sensitive to smoking anything. Maybe my home grown is not as cured and smooth as it should be, who knows!

For that reason we are considering getting a vaporizer at our Grandkids recommendation. Could some of U with experience please recommend a brand and type that is reasonably priced and tell me the pros/cons of it. Our kids did mention that they use up more product, but thanks to my beginners luck we have plenty for now! Thanks as always my 420 friends!

I'm saving up for a Volcano desktop vaporizer. Currently I use a PAX2 for dry herb. I'm pretty great at breaking stuff that I keep in my pockets and so far the little pax2 is holding its own. I would suggest getting one of the special 'oven' kits that lets you use less plant matter. You have to reload more often but I feel it helps save some.

Also...it's not 100% meant for it but I do occasionally vape hash in it >.> It makes it really gross but yeah...hash is a hassle and I love it so I just deal with the cleanup.

Also congrats on refinding cannabis. What got you into it again?

Ditto, Arizer Extreme Q is good stuff for desktop version. I have heard the good news is the ABV concept, I’ve been saving mine up but have not used it yet so I can’t speak personally to the results. But the idea is that you can take the Already Been Vaporizered bud and count it as decarbed weed to be used in edibles.

My suggestion would be - get an extra 90 degree top elbow and extra packs of screens

Ditto, Arizer Extreme Q is good stuff for desktop version. I have heard the good news is the ABV concept, I’ve been saving mine up but have not used it yet so I can’t speak personally to the results. But the idea is that you can take the Already Been Vaporizered bud and count it as decarbed weed to be used in edibles.

My friend has the Volcano and loves it but that thing is 500 bucks. I don’t vape much just in the house. But I do have a dynavap it has no battery and is heated with a torch. That is ok but on the street you look like you are hitting crack. I also have the Phoenix pro it is battery operated with little cans you fill up they are not ideal. The AVB though I put it in alcohol I will leave it till it is full and than I will have a tincture.

I have had a Da Buddha vaporizer from 7th Floor for 11 years and it has worked great. It's been rock solid and I've never had an issue with it. Very easy to use. The Silver Surfer from the same company is a good choice as well.

Dang guys, as always my grow friends came through for me and gave us a lot to do home work on. I am a tight ass and hoping for something thats not only portable for beach trips and such but not too costly. It sounds like a whole new science to me, but should help with the throat annoyance issues right??? Also do they use a crap ton more weed than pipe smoking?

I've been using my x max starry 3.0 for over a year. I liked it so bought another. Under 100 bucks, small and holds a charge for a bit. The chamber is small but it doesn't need to be bigger. Not giants clouds with this one but it works for me and cleans easy, parts, screens are readily available. I mix the AVB with my bud trim when I throw it in the MBM with the coconut oil. It makes it more stony, couch like. Smile and stay stoneder
20210701_160331.jpg

Vaporizers should be a bit more stingy with weed.
Get quite a few hits then can use the ABV to make brownies with.

The firefly2+ ain't cheap at $250 but it is really good.
It heats up in 2 seconds, take a hit and put back in pocket all in less than 10 seconds and keep walking.
Another possibility is not even a vaporizer but its pretty good.

"The Perfect Pipe"
It has a filter and works very well.
Can get a kit with two pipes for $45

I've been using my x max starry 3.0 for over a year. I liked it so bought another. Under 100 bucks, small and holds a charge for a bit. The chamber is small but it doesn't need to be bigger. Not giants clouds with this one but it works for me and cleans easy, parts, screens are readily available. I mix the AVB with my bud trim when I throw it in the MBM with the coconut oil. It makes it more stony, couch like. Smile and stay stoneder
20210701_160331.jpg
Hey friend, thanks so much for the pic this really helps, and being under 100 bucks really got my attention! Thanks for your time!

Hey guys, my wife and I are in our 60's,, neither of us have smoked anything in years but as of lately are getting back into smoking weed for several reasons. I have bad sinuses and cough a lot anyway and she is sensitive to smoking anything. Maybe my home grown is not as cured and smooth as it should be, who knows!

For that reason we are considering getting a vaporizer at our Grandkids recommendation. Could some of U with experience please recommend a brand and type that is reasonably priced and tell me the pros/cons of it. Our kids did mention that they use up more product, but thanks to my beginners luck we have plenty for now! Thanks as always my 420 friends!
I use my G-pen $75 alot when I only want a little bud and my pax 2 for nighttime. The pax uses alot of bud compaired to the g pen and its alot of smoke first starting out but it has a long battery life of a few hpurs per charge. The g pen last about 45 minutes. I love the dry herb vapes cause the smoke from a pipe is way too harsh for my lungss. The pictures I show give you an idea oof the bowl size. The g pen also fits nicely hidden in a hand.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just buy a big bong with a few perc's, good size water chamber and an ice catcher, add an ash catcher and pay maybe $100-$200 OTD (we actually got a nice one for $75 OTD with an ash catcher when on sale....)

there are other ways to accomplish really smooth smoke, one is to make cobs with part of your fresh harvest bud, the other method is to water cure it. Cobs really dials down the taste & terps also eliminates the need to cough but water cure pretty much strips the taste and terps outright.

>>> Malawi Cobs here is link for cobs. water cure is where the buds are kept underwater in a bucket and the water is changed out each day, I didnt see a link but I’m sure there are threads dedicated to it here at 420

suggest you split a harvest and try a few different cure methods, think you will be surprised

I use the Pax 2, I have a water pipe adapter that I use with it. I also use "Budkups" , they are cartridges that you pre fill and put inside the Pax 2. The Pax works way better with the Budkups and keep the Pax cleaner. Cartridges hold approx 6/10 of a gram. I always use a 50/50 mix of high cbd flower and high thc flower. I always use my water pipe with it. I also have the Arizer extreme Q, I have not been able to get it to work correctly, I would not recommend it. I also have a Storz & Bickel Plenty, It works well, again I use it with my water pipe, downside is you have to take long draws of hot air to get the vapor started.
My go to is the Pax 2... :hookah:

Pic of Budkups below

BudkupsEcommerce3167_9__26150.1591900896(1).jpg

20210701_160331.jpg

I second this. I recently got into the dry herb vaporizers and was recommended the Pax. But at $200+ it seemed a bit much to start with. I ended up going with the Starry as I was able to find a sale and picked one up for $68 w/tax! I like the size of the unit, the size of the chamber, and the fact that it has a replaceable battery.

Just buy a big bong with a few perc's, good size water chamber and an ice catcher, add an ash catcher and pay maybe $100-$200 OTD (we actually got a nice one for $75 OTD with an ash catcher when on sale....)
I tryed that before i got my dry herb vape and it still burns the shit out of the weed and is a harsh smoke not to mention it burns it up all at once. With a vape you can take a half dozen hits and save the rest for later cause it just stays in the chamber.

20210701_160331.jpg
Plus 1 on the Starry I've got 3 of em. I puff a lot so these you can have extra batteries and its adjustable temps that get you clounds if you go up past 420F temps.

I love mine.. probably buy another one now that we are talking about them.

Under 100 bucks hard to beat really.

Back
Top Bottom