Please take a look and tell me what you think

Deketx

So I just noticed tonight yellowing on the tips of leaves. It just happened the last 24 hours. They started flowering about a week and a half ago or so.
20191001_001040.jpg
20191001_001031.jpg
20191001_001026.jpg
Any thoughts or ideas what's going on? So I can get ahead of anything that's about to happen hopefully. Thanks

it is a very common mistake to think that yellowing on the tips is always indicative of a burn. I am thinking that we are seeing the beginnings of a non-mobile deficiency, but at this point I don't have a clue which one, although I am centering in on zinc. I want clarification on the symptoms please... is this tip problem happening only in the upper growth, or also down below in the big bottom fan leaves so we can widen this out to also include the mobile nutrients?

Thanks for the reply guys. The soil I'm using is Detroit nutrient company water only soil. I'm watering a spring water from Kroger with someone told me to stop doing.
The yellowing seems like it's on the newest growth from the longest, I call them shoots from the bottom of the plant. the newest growth at the very top of the plant is not affected if that makes any difference ? The biggest fan leave don't seem to be affected.

Thanks for the reply guys. The soil I'm using is Detroit nutrient company water only soil. I'm watering a spring water from Kroger with someone told me to stop doing.
The yellowing seems like it's on the newest growth from the longest, I call them shoots from the bottom of the plant. the newest growth at the very top of the plant is not affected if that makes any difference ? The biggest fan leave don't seem to be affected.
some pictures of this from the side of the plant so we can get an idea where on the plant it is happening, would help a lot. If it is also occurring down low this would indicate a mobile nutrient is the culprit, and then I am going to center in on the potassium being lacking now that you are in bloom mode.
This sort of problem, right at the onset of bloom is fairly common with new organic grows, where something is not quite where it needs to be in the feeding cycle. It is important to keep the microbes in that soil alive and able to supply what is needed for the plants, and it sounds like for whatever reason, this feeding cycle has been interrupted or never properly started in the first place. I checked out the Detroit nutrient company website and took a look at that soil and their recommendations for its use. After that research, I have a question for you.
Have you given any thought to compost teas, since they mention that they are probably necessary to keep this soil alive? They have this paragraph at the end of the description of your soil:
Introduce even more life to your garden through the use of compost teas. During veg and bloom, teas are a great way to add microbial life which breaks down the nutrients in your soil.
This was not put there as a random comment. This is how you activate this soil and make it become a water only soil.

This unfortunately is what is lacking. There was plenty of Nitrogen in the soil to get you to this point, but now that you are in bloom the needs have increased to potassium, phosphorus and calcium in large amounts, and your microbes need to be actively processing that which is in your soil, making it available to the plant. Without active microbes doing their jobs, the feeding cycle is dead in that container.
So you need some actively aerated compost tea in there like right now, and I bet you don't even have an air pump or any of the natural ingredients that would be necessary to make up your tea. No problem, there are commercial products that can take care of this for you. If you are in the USA, I recommend the product that I use, Realgrower's Recharge... in EU you can look for URB and elsewhere try to find Voodoo Juice. All of these products are microbes in a bottle, or in a powder, and within 48 hours you could have this grow humming along again.
This clearly is what you are needing, as soon as possible. There is no time for delay, your plants are becoming very hungry for bloom nutes and you either need to fix this microbe/roots/plant feeding cycle or resolve to feeding with bottled nutes, but after buying that good soil I would hesitate to give up and go down that path. Good luck, and I hope you get this resolved quickly.

Thanks! And I never saw that paragraph... I have been told recharge was a good add. But since the grow was going so well I thought you know hell why spend more money and do extra stuff that I don't need to do. Obviously I was wrong

I think you watered too early with a droop like that... I bet there is stale water standing in the bottom of the container.

Great.... I sure hope not

Great.... I sure hope not
did you lift it first to determine if you could feel any water weight? Since you are only hoping, I am guessing you did not. Take a look at your picture... that is the result. Just for grins, look at the last picture I posted on my grow journal to illustrate the proper time to water a vegging plant... this droop is because she needs water. Your droop is because she did not.
DSCF7272.JPG

no, get the recharge and trust the microbes to do their job. You got the good living mineralized soil that supposedly has everything you need in it for the grow, so now set out to prove that this is true. The microbes will do a much better job feeding the plants than any synthetic nutrient will ever do, and also keep in mind that if you don't get a totally organic nutrient, you will have killed your soil and then you will be forever tied to that bottle of expensive nutes.

no, get the recharge and trust the microbes to do their job. You got the good living mineralized soil that supposedly has everything you need in it for the grow, so now set out to prove that this is true. The microbes will do a much better job feeding the plants than any synthetic nutrient will ever do, and also keep in mind that if you don't get a totally organic nutrient, you will have killed your soil and then you will be forever tied to that bottle of expensive nutes.
Thanks again for the great info. I went this route, soil wise and autos, to keep things simple for me as I get back into growing. So the thought of having to fert all the time and count ppm's and xyz's lol is more than I want right now. Maybe eventually go the Coco route, but I like the simplicity of soil. I'm amazed every time I read some of these posts at how complex and in depth some of the guys on here get regarding nutes, water etc..
I'll order some recharge tonight, should be here by Thurs.

Check out my current grow journal. I am not feeding... only mineralized soil and recharge and my plants are thriving.
I just did. Great journal, super informative. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out, much appreciated!

Hi Deketx, I have always grown with soil, and many times I have given too many nuts to my plants the simple remedy to recover the plant is to transplant them into a new pot with new soil, water with just water maybe RO until you see that color flow out dark usually if I use 11lt jars (3g) I use the same amount of water.If you can add expanded clay on the bottom of your pot at least 3 fingers, this will help to have more oxygen in the lower part which is usually the most wet and to keep away from runoff water.Too many feeds in bloom more manifest with leaves bent down, burnt spikes, very dark color or in the worst case of the plant block.
I hope you find it useful.

Back
Top Bottom