Pollen chuckers paradise

The screen works great. Pay attention to the size of the screen before purchase.
I have one that I use for dry sift I think its 100 micron (by US standards).

Mine is called "Heavy Harvest 100 Micron Tray Top"

I got it off azon but they are currently unavailable. I got the base and the 100 micron screen. They have a few other screen sizes.

Now wondering what the size of a cannabis pollen grain would be??

Hey Bob,

I did some looking into this and found that the majority of trichomes we collect for hash are between 50 and 150 micron and having watched Frenchie Canolli’s videos, he uses a 160 to sift and a 45 to catch. I sieve my seeds on a 150 micron SS screen.

I found a interesting close up today on my SSH males. I figured I would post them over here with all the rest of the dudes LOL. What I found may or may not be a cool thing. Hard to tell right now. It needs more time to develop but this is what I am really looking at. Which males produce trichomes if any. Looks to me that Bob may produce some. I will post both close ups so you can tell the difference.
This is Bob. He is the taller pheno that had lots of stretch. Looks to me there are trichomes forming on the outside of the pods in this picture. It is a bit early for them to be on leaves if it shows up. This is a good place and way to find them. Got to love cropping lol.

Billy is still a good looking plant. I don't see the same thing on the pods on it that I did on Bob.

I will be taking more macro pictures and cropping them as I continue looking for differences between these 2 plants. It is how I will catch the trichomes early.

Not sure about males, but my treated females will show resin glands on the male sacs.

So I have a question about pollen sack ripeness. I just checked my dude and he has just 2 open sacks. I shook a branch and didn't see any pollen fall.

How many days until he really starts dropping pollen like crazy? Thanks
Depends....

If its a true male and not a "reversed" female, it could drop pollen anywhere from veg cycle to 30 days into flowering or more and everywhere in-between. On my current Apollo 13 project, the males were dropping pollen in early veg under 24/0 cycle and continued to drop pollen through flowering. Other males I have run generally seem to drop pollen around day 20-day30 and continue after that dropping pollen.

If you are around week 3 to week 4 of flowering (from the flip) you should start to see pollen soon. A good sign is generally you will see pollen spilled on the leaves.

Depends....

If its a true male and not a "reversed" female, it could drop pollen anywhere from veg cycle to 30 days into flowering or more and everywhere in-between. On my current Apollo 13 project, the males were dropping pollen in early veg under 24/0 cycle and continued to drop pollen through flowering. Other males I have run generally seem to drop pollen around day 20-day30 and continue after that dropping pollen.

If you are around week 3 to week 4 of flowering (from the flip) you should start to see pollen soon. A good sign is generally you will see pollen spilled on the leaves.
thanks! He's been on 12\12 since Jan 19 so he's probably right on track. I'll have to check out your journal. Thanks again for sharing your experience

A good sign is generally you will see pollen spilled on the leaves.
full

Here Is how I do my pollen collecting.
Snip The branches of the chosen male. Pop them in vase or glass and put that into a large stainless steel baking tray. Onto a window or somewhere that gets natural light from here it's a waiting game. This bad boy has just started opening. Plenty flowers here to collect from .
Have an awesome weekend
IMG_20200210_155835.jpg

Back
Top Bottom