Pollinated Top?

Backyardigan

Found a vigilante pollen sac that burst! Only after finding a top that had a spot of orangutans on it! Is this top pollinated?

princess_chunky_day50_14f_pollinated.jpg

Watch the pistils/stigmas you have on that top. Through my many seed runs I notice the pistils curl back after about 24 hours. They will be noticably different from what they look like there. They will look like they have reached the end of their purpose. :thumb:
@Backyardigan

Probably, and you may find a few more random seeds here and there. Marijuana is wind pollinated, it can drift very long distances.
Watch the pistils/stigmas you have on that top. Through my many seed runs I notice the pistils curl back after about 24 hours. They will be noticably different from what they look like there. They will look like they have reached the end of their purpose. :thumb:
@Backyardigan
I def agree, I heard the horror stories of grows that stay nowhere near one male, never hermie but still ended up pollinated. If I recall correctly the pistils curl back and turn brown instead of staying orange. I certain I get seeds. I thought I was clear after checking but I guess I missed one actual pollen sac... wasn't one nanner. Mahalos for the confirmation my braddahs :shaka: silver lining, at least wasn't the whole plant 95% salvageable.

Rodelization is the process by which our ladies will pollinate themselves if they weren't pollinated. It is completely natural and necessary in some extreme case in the wild. That way the species won't die out.

Rodelization is the process by which our ladies will pollinate themselves if they weren't pollinated. It is completely natural and necessary in some extreme case in the wild. That way the species won't die out.
I wish that were the case here, I just got too confident in my girl and failed to look under her proverbial dress.

Spray around the area it burst with water. That should kill any floating pollen on walls/floor.

That bud shot looks good. Is that a Sativa strain?
Def sprayed everything down before removing sac. Pineapple Chunk x Snow White is def one sativa dominant hybrid. Smells earthy, sweet, and cheesy. From one local breeder, genetics is okay... tendency to herm (I finding out) 2 of 2 plants so far, but I'm supporting local businesses. All my equipment was sourced locally, really hard and time consuming but staying away from Amazon, and keeping my fiat local.

A lot of the weed l grew back in the 80's when l first started to grow from bagseed, during the last hurrah of tropical imported weed probably came from herm plants. Spraying everything down is a good move.
Keep an eye out for more bananas as your grow progresses.
Yah, I keeping one close eye on her undercarriage from here on out. How long take for seeds to mature? I going throw one paper plate over the soil for catch seeds if they fall out.

@backyardagain Seeds maturing... l never really paid attention to how long it takes to mature seed when l had a seedy batch. Uh... l'd say for solid dark seeds they'd take 8 weeks?
Plant is 51/15f I should get some mature seeds by then. I still have some seeds from breeder, but I guess I going get some handouts when done.

princess_Chunky_day50_14f.jpg

Yah, I keeping one close eye on her undercarriage from here on out. How long take for seeds to mature? I going throw one paper plate over the soil for catch seeds if they fall out.
Usually, plants get pollinated around 28 days of flower.
I like to shoot for 40 days after first pollination. 35 days haven't had any problems either for mature seeds. The pods will split open when mature. So total flowering time around 63 to 68 days

Usually, plants get pollinated around 28 days of flower.
I like to shoot for 40 days after first pollination. 35 days haven't had any problems either for mature seeds. The pods will split open when mature. So total flowering time around 63 to 68 days
Are you saying I might be safe cuz flowers not mature enough to use pollen or visa versa?

Are you saying I might be safe cuz flowers not mature enough to use pollen or visa versa?
They definitely look old enough to get pollinated.
I wouldn't spend the time to grow seeds from a hermie now. I have back then but all my flower plants were also herms. Bad experience for me but others have found diamonds in bag seeds..chemdawg, one of my favorites..lol

The definitely look old enough to get pollinated.
I wouldn't spend the time to grow seeds from a hermie now. I have back then but all my flower plants were also herms. Bad experience for me but others have found diamonds in bag seeds..chemdawg, one of my favorites..lol
Looks like I going have a giveaway in the future then haha! Mahalos for taking the time, I appreciate it :shaka:

Found a vigilante pollen sac that burst! Only after finding a top that had a spot of orangutans on it! Is this top pollinated?

probably half the tent. it gets everywhere. if you have a fan going, congrats you're pregnant.

Some of the stoniest bud I have grown has been Hermie weed. Not bad, just little surprises.

a lot of the higher test stuff has troubled genetic backgrounds. hybrids based around equatorial sativas are kind of known to be prone. the profile fits that bill.

probably half the tent. it gets everywhere. if you have a fan going, congrats you're pregnant.

a lot of the higher test stuff has troubled genetic backgrounds. hybrids based around equatorial sativas are kind of known to be prone. the profile fits that bill.
I like this kine of pregnancy, cheaper than yourself getting pregnant haha!

I like this kine of pregnancy, cheaper than yourself getting pregnant haha!

just don't grow anything from the seed. the gene pool is already fucked up enough.

Back
Top Bottom