Possible Seed Bank Mixup?

Pjpoppet

I’m Growing a couple girls at the moment indoors (bubbleponics) both seeds are where supposed to be Chemdog Gorilla feminized, started seeds 2 weeks apart, perhaps someone with much more experience than I may be able to give me an idea of what I’m growing here??

IMG_4787.jpeg

IMG_4786.jpeg

perhaps someone with much more experience than I may be able to give me an idea of what I’m growing here??
Looks like you are growing Marijuana plants:). The more serious answer is that it is about impossible to tell what strain or cultivar of Marijuana they are by looking at them.

Even if the seeds came from the same breeder and even if from the same plant there is no guarantee that the seeds will produce identical looking plants.

Looks like you are growing Marijuana plants:). The more serious answer is that it is about impossible to tell what strain or cultivar of Marijuana they are by looking at them.

Even if the seeds came from the same breeder and even if from the same plant there is no guarantee that the seeds will produce identical looking plants.
Thankyou for the information, I guess it’ll all be in the final product after testing to see how different they may be.

I've noticed seeds from a common cultivar seem to have several features in common as early seedlings such as leaf width, number of blades in the first few leaf sets, general appearance. Then they each take their own path, some growing fast and tall, others shorter or bushier, variability of leaf forms, etc. then at flowering they start looking more alike again.

I usually grow two plants at a time and, mostly, have done two of the same strain. One is always significantly taller or bushier than the other. And twice I've grown two of the same seed, only to discover one was auto and the other photo.

Fun!

so can we trust that they are sending us the seeds we order? Because this is happening a lot and when hunting phenotypes it is difficult to understand why they can be so different in structure, even smell and taste can be off from one another. We are trying to get to the few strains needed to keep our med supply adequate, in order to quit buying seeds.
Thanks.

so can we trust that they are sending us the seeds we order? Because this is happening a lot and when hunting phenotypes it is difficult to understand why they can be so different in structure, even smell and taste can be off from one another. We are trying to get to the few strains needed to keep our med supply adequate, in order to quit buying seeds.
Thanks.
From reputable breeders, yes. And thats what yoire doing....sifting through cuts to find a phenotype/genotype that suits your grow style and needs. For instance, if youre growing feminized seeds, most plants will be fairly uniform, but there will be differences, with some outliers being odd. When they're regs, there will be even more differences. Generally the breeders choose their "own" cut, and thats what they call "x". So if you grow out the seeds from their plant, some will be like mom, some will be like dad, some will be a mix, and some will be totally different. The chances of finding the exact same plant as the breeder are pretty low. You might find something even better. For more uniformity, your gonna wanna look further into the filail generations IE f3-f4. Not sure if I explained this right. Something like that anyway.

Wow... now pretty clear! Not sure why I didn't come to that on my own but I suppose that's what experience will do for folks! :thanks:for the enlightenment and will share with my peeps that have been wondering the same thing.
:bravo:
tthats why you'll see like quazi kush #12. They might of grown 50 plants, numbered them, and #12 was the winner. Or you'll see like gdp....the holy grail is kens cut. Theres a green cut too. If you grew oit some gdp....you'd still call it gdp, but it'd be gdp retro's cut. Lol.

tthats why you'll see like quazi kush #12. They might of grown 50 plants, numbered them, and #12 was the winner. Or you'll see like gdp....the holy grail is kens cut. Theres a green cut too. If you grew oit some gdp....you'd still call it gdp, but it'd be gdp retro's cut. Lol.
Thanks Crondocious, I'm new to growing and really appreciate this... Retro's cut.... I like it... thanks again and have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom