Potential problems for 2nd outdoor grow

Hooprules

Last year, I did my first outdoor grow with good not great results. My problem is not enough direct sunlight. Last year just prior to harvest I had to deal with white powdery mildew and some small spots of bud rot.

This years attempt started indoor and moved to outdoors the end of may. These plants are 10ft to 12ft tall and have been tied and hand bent to try and keep contained in my fence area to protect from sure to come storms.

Is there anything else I can do with the lack of direct sunlight? The sun is blocked by 60ft trees by 2pm everyday. They cant be moved and my garden cant be moved.

trees.jpg

top.jpg

gaurd.jpg

not to sound like a total smart ass (cuz I’m only a partial smart-ass) :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

yup see those containers- that’s proof your plants can be easily moved, 60 foot tress not so much.

only other possible solution I’m aware of would be to download new app that gives you admin level control over choosing the suns trajectory and planetary orbit.

all kidding aside - beautiful garden my friend…. they look like fire!!

Last year, I did my first outdoor grow with good not great results. My problem is not enough direct sunlight. Last year just prior to harvest I had to deal with white powdery mildew and some small spots of bud rot.

This years attempt started indoor and moved to outdoors the end of may. These plants are 10ft to 12ft tall and have been tied and hand bent to try and keep contained in my fence area to protect from sure to come storms.

Is there anything else I can do with the lack of direct sunlight? The sun is blocked by 60ft trees by 2pm everyday. They cant be moved and my garden cant be moved.

trees.jpg

top.jpg

gaurd.jpg
Shy of moving them what about some led flood lights for dull afternoons of just plain shade.
I put a @MedicGrow in my greenhouse for extra light.
Beautiful garden my friend.
Hope you are well.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Hi!

I grow in tents so unfortunately I personally have no advice other than if @GratefulBud says it works for him, it'll prolly work for you. They seem healthy, may just take a little longer to finish. Where are you? Concerned with harvesting coming into the colder months? Is that why you want to push them some?

What my friend Henry said, the pots can move although a tedious act. I assume the trees are just everywhere though?

And because I am just curious, what is all that and how many total are there??!!

Hi!

I grow in tents so unfortunately I personally have no advice other than if @GratefulBud says it works for him, it'll prolly work for you. They seem healthy, may just take a little longer to finish. Where are you? Concerned with harvesting coming into the colder months? Is that why you want to push them some?

What my friend Henry said, the pots can move although a tedious act. I assume the trees are just everywhere though?

And because I am just curious, what is all that and how many total are there??!!
Massachusetts.

Two Purple Kush in front, two Gorilla Bomb, and two unknown but from a reliable source. 6 plants in 20 gal fabric. (10 gal last try) Tied down forward and bent towards the middle. Happy Frog. Roots Organic. Trees everywhere blocking direct sunlight from after 2pm. My direct sun time is approx just over 6 hrs :(

Massachusetts.

Two Purple Kush in front, two Gorilla Bomb, and two unknown but from a reliable source. 6 plants in 20 gal fabric. (10 gal last try) Tied down forward and bent towards the middle. Happy Frog. Roots Organic. Trees everywhere blocking direct sunlight from after 2pm. My direct sun time is approx just over 6 hrs :(
They will still flower out fine.
It's just going to diminish final yield.
Maby quality too.
But that's enough sun to go through flower fine.

Stay safe

Massachusetts
another East Coaster! Woot. @StoneOtter is from there also!

Two Purple Kush in front, two Gorilla Bomb, and two unknown but from a reliable source. 6 plants in 20 gal fabric. (10 gal last try)
what made you go up? You saw the yield you were missing out on lol
Tied down forward and bent towards the middle.
They aint going nowhere
Happy Frog. Roots Organic. Trees everywhere blocking direct sunlight from after 2pm. My direct sun time is approx just over 6 hrs :(
Well for 6 hours of light, they are groovy. How long have they been vegging?

trees.jpg

top.jpg

gaurd.jpg
Did you ever consider a wagon , wheelbarrow or some kind of a cart? Maybe have a friend or 2 help load it into then you can move them into the best sunlight. Possibly do some training so they’re not so tall?

The plants and the fence go together...
Nice job on the plants.

Even with 6 hours of direct sun you should be able to pull off a good harvest.

Yep, once the fence gets in the way it gets harder to separate the growing tips and the buds from the wire. Especially so with the ones that were bent over; they seem to want to lock on to whatever is in their way.

Garden is Amazing, wow. :yahoo:
Great work on those autos too.
Hope your well my friend.

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom