spleef farmer

420 Member
Ihave powdery mildew starting on a couple of plants. I have treated them earlier with Potassium Bicarbonate.
Worked good but 3 weeks later came back. Since then I have increased ventilation and treated again by brushing the leaves with it. ( Too much work). My question is..... will it hurt me or the buds, because they are flowering ,to spray all the plant. I don't know if consuming the smoke would hurt me? :peace::scratchinghead:

Re: Powerdy Mildew

I forgot to mention I sprayed mine about twice a week until dryer weather came.:peace:

I had pm this year on my outdoor plant during almost 2 weeks of non stop rain I was given the tip of 10% vinegar and 90% water I was scared to spray my plant with it but I took a leap of faith and despite my skepticism it seemed to put it to a stop with no harm to the plant that I could see, taste or smell. It changes the ph on the leaf tissue so its out of range for pm to thrive the same as the potassium bicarbonate I suppose. I didn't spray the buds directly just the leaves. I also pulled off all leaves with visible signs of mildew on them and
I also pulled off a lot of the fan leaves that were blocking light which also helps with air flow. Hope this helps spleefy! good luck!

I've talked with several people about powder mold. I live in WA state and it's a fairly common problem since it's so damp here. I was told to use 1 part lemon juice to 2 parts water. Spray them once a week to get rid of it and to keep it away. The lemon juice doesn't burn your plants when the lights come on. Once your plants have powder mold, it systemic and will return if you let it. Keep temps 75 degrees and higher and keep your RH under 50% all the time and spray it with the lemon juice/water and it should disappear.

I believe the brand Bonide makes a systematic fungicide, but I would not use it if you are near harvest....veg and early flowering would be ok...

Also SNS makes some great products for PM

Also Serenade is a bacteria based fungicide which may help keep it away...

I've tried all the "home remedies" and 99% of them do not work.... I've used baking soda, milk, neem, garlic, cinnamon and other things and none of these "home remedies" worked for me, matter of fact I lost 5 of 6 plants due to trying these home remedies... I would just go buy a commercial product known to work like serenade, SNS or others...

A sulfur burner also is a great way to get rid of pm and keep it away, but also not to be used late flowering or so I've read.

Hey Mutt, howya doing. I tried the Lemon Juice spray and will post with results when I see 'em. Was it you that said that you switched to seeds after trying cloning? If so how did you germinate your seeds?

:peace::nomo:

I put a teaspoon full of rooting hormone in a shotglass full of water. I shake it up well and leave it sit a while till the water looks like milk. I then take a 5 pack of seeds and drop them into the water for a few minutes. I then take 5 rapid rooters. I flip them over so the small side is up and the large side is down. I then use a knife to poke a hole in the small side. I then pour the milky water into a bowl and place the rapid rooters in the bowl. I push down on the rapid rooters. When I let go of the rapid rooters, they suck up all the water in the bowl. I then place the rapid rooters inside a humidity dome and I place one seed inside each rapid rooter. I push the seeds down about a 1/4 inch into the rapid rooter. Then, I place the dome over the top and just leave them the hell alone. No need to do anything to them at all. Just let them pop. About a day or two after they pop, take off the humidity dome and leave it off. At this point, you can plant them into dirt. Just pop the rapid rooter in a cup of dirt and put dirt around it. Make sure the top of the rapid rooter is covered with dirt (about a 1/2 inch) because they will dry out quickly if you don't cover the rapid rooter. You can also wait if you like. You can just leave them in the rapid rooters until you see roots coming out the side. At which point, it is very important to put them into dirt or the roots get air pruned. I think that putting them into dirt as soon as they sprout is less of a shock and gives less nute burn. Since the roots haven't poked out from the rapid rooter yet. So, it's a gradual transition for the roots from rapid rooter to soil. Hope that helps. Have had 100% success so far using this method.

This method was taught to me at the Subcool school of Dank. All of Subcool's crew (including Subcool) do it this way with very good success rates.

It is also important to keep your temps somewhere between 75 - 80 degrees. Keeping the temps in the lower range makes it more likely for it to be female. Higher temps tend to make males. So i've been told anyway.

Well, I had to pull 'em. It's getting too cold and using a heater in an uninsulated shed is costing more than it's worth. They turned out ok! The Lemon juice and water worked pretty well,it also gave it a hint of Lemon.
:bravo::peace:

Great ..... glad to hear it.

Hey Mutt how ya doing. Tried your method for germination...EXCELLENT! They popped in 3 days going strong at 3 wks. above 5" Sorry for the huge pics
Here are some
22_Days2.JPG
22_Days_3_.JPG
pics

Back
Top Bottom