Probable Food Problem

colocho

Hello, I have a 5 week white widow, and I´m having a clear green color coming from the center of the leave, the rest is "normal" green. I think it could be Fe deficiency, but never found how to treat it.

I have been feeding since week 3 (is it ok?) with Miracle Grow (20-20-20).

How can I treat this problem?

Thanks both for the help. Here some pictures since the fist day I saw it.

37_d_as.JPG
41_d_as.JPG
41_d_as_2_.JPG
41_d_as_3_.JPG
IMG_57282.JPG

I just went through a similar problem with a supposedly NL5

although nutes and ph looked like the problem I ruled that out...I determined it was light bleaching and over watering.

I did a mega flush with ph 6.8 no nutes.

I moved her to the edge of the room and discontinued water.....she responded immediately and all normal looking now, it took about 8 days to show signs she was greening back up and looks wonderful now at day 13

She gets nutes again finally tonight and is finally dry enough soil to continue feeding.

don't take this post as what may or may not be your problem, just wanted to point out that nute deficiency and ph is not always the problem.

As of now, lights are like 1-2 inch from the plan. I have installed little chains and been moving the lamps up according to the growth. What do you mean with Light bleaching (English is not my native language, so its hard to understand some terms).

Just don't give water for 2-3 days and you will see if it improves. In that case is overwatering.

If it doesn't solve, try to keep your lamps far away 1-2 inches more

Light bleaching means your lights are too close to the plants and you are causing them to react negatively to it. I have been unable to find an actual definition for it. LOL
If you have moved your lights farther away, it should correct any future issues with it. I'm not sure if the already affected leaves will correct or not. Maybe someone else knows on that.
With my plants, I had to keep my CFL's at least 5-6" away from them.
You don't want heat stress either.
Put your hand between the bulb and just above your plants, if it gets uncomfortable to your hand as far as heat then you will need to raise the lights a bit.
Hope this helps!

Yes, thank you, I guess that´s a problem as I saw yesterday a burned leave because of the light at one side, so I put it like 2 inches away.

Thank you very much.

Any recomendation for feeding them? I´m actually using 20-20-20 (miracle grow) for vegetation, and how often to feed them? I was trying once a week, but after this problem, I stopped.

Back
Top Bottom