Problems re-occurring

I'm pretty sure that pro mix is a peat based soil-less mix with some lime and other amendments.. Unless they started making regular potting soil. I guess I'll go look up your brand, see what I can find.

Time to do some reading my friend. You should be aware of what medium you are using so you can properly address issues or completely avoid them all together.

If you flushed at 5.8-6.0 like the other poster suggested. You should be fine for now. Will get help asap.
Your plants look like they could benefit from more light.
You would want the hydro version of the feeding schedule. You are not in soil. You have an inert medium.

@Kingjoe83 . Hello Sir. Pennywise sent me your way. I am looking for an experienced pro mix grower and you fit the bill wonderfully. This lovely grower could use some guidance on the finer points of promix. I am a soil girl as of yet and feel I am not qualified to give any real guidance concerning the matter of hydro.

Thank you for that I will leave them for now, with the corrected ph level. As for light i can go a bit lower but Not much i can do about that. & I think I’ll wait till I get some more info here on how I should feed my babies. I was going off this schedule
1191775F-D4BE-4F3B-B57D-B0EA91A8BC27.png

That is the hydro schedule. It's the one you should use. From what I understand you should treat pro mix like you would coco and other drain to waste systems.

@Kingjoe83 . Hello Sir. Pennywise sent me your way. I am looking for an experienced pro mix grower and you fit the bill wonderfully. This lovely grower could use some guidance on the finer points of promix. I am a soil girl as of yet and feel I am not qualified to give any real guidance concerning the matter of hydro.
Hey sorry for late response my fart arse had to work this winter lol

No problem at all .. not sure why penny would send you to me lol

But I have some experience in it that’s true .

My best advice and first thing to consider is how long do you want to wait before you feed it ?

Promix hp retains moisture liek a pig well fairly well. So make sure you let it dry out a bit.

Another thing you consider depending how much time you have in the day to attend your plants is add coco coir ? Why this would allow you to feed the promix hp daily if you added say 30% coco to 70% promix ? I’ve only used hp not bx or the other organic version .

You want to add a tad bit of you can of mycros if I sure what that is let me know .

Your roots will double to triple in growth with mycros . Pro mix hp does have some though so not fully needed but i add extra all the time lol

So promix hp has enough fertilizer in it for an auto to go two weeks almost without needing food .

Hmm what else would you like to know ?

I also like to add perlite on top coat of medium helps keep pest away or rock stones is better the semi grinded kind I can find a pic and post if you’d like ?
This will help with keeping gnats away as well maybe I should add some to mine now I think of it?
Accept I am growing in canna coco alonoat feels liek pro mix of peat moss bit bit more aireated lol first time on the canna coco .

Alright got to feed plants and medicate or medicate and then feed plants I should say lol

Note too coco coir holds 30% oxygen thus making it hard to drown seedlings or over water . Hmmm

@Kingjoe83 so how do you treat deficiencies/toxicities in pro mix? I am not familiar with hydro. Do you flush and then feed the same day? Flush, wait a few days then give a gentle dose of nutes? Or full nutes? I seem to remember someone saying it is much quicker to fix your plants in hydro.

I really do appreciate you showing up.

@Kingjoe83 so how do you treat deficiencies/toxicities in pro mix? I am not familiar with hydro. Do you flush and then feed the same day? Flush, wait a few days then give a gentle dose of nutes? Or full nutes? I seem to remember someone saying it is much quicker to fix your plants in hydro.

I really do appreciate you showing up.
I never flush with straight water personally . I always just reduce my ratio portion of need be. Of access or def increase for what ever signs it telling you it wants more off harder to tell access for me

Looks like a slight calcium deficiency in the very early stages. May not become an issue. With organic grow mix, if you aren’t using any chemical nutrients, it would be best to water with a ph of 6.5 to 6.8. Top dress with an organic dry amendments every 3-4 weeks with the last top dress being at around week 5 of flower. If you are using RO water you will want to add some cal mag.

Looks like a slight calcium deficiency in the very early stages. May not become an issue. With organic grow mix, if you aren’t using any chemical nutrients, it would be best to water with a ph of 6.5 to 6.8. Top dress with an organic dry amendments every 3-4 weeks with the last top dress being at around week 5 of flower. If you are using RO water you will want to add some cal mag.
Plants are in pro mix not soil.

Back
Top Bottom