ProfessorFlora Reviews Orange Sherbert By Barneys Farm

Hey 420. Today I shall be reviewing the Orange Sherbert from the breeder Barneys Farm. Orange Sherbert is a three way cross between Orange Cream, Purple Urkle and Cherry Pie. The Pheno that I was lucky enough to get grew short and stocky with tight nodes. She needed some serious training and defoliation to get anymore than just the tops exposed to the lights. She was grown using 200w of lighting and produced a very decent yield. She's a colourful plant with wonderfully orange pistils that stand out against a number of dark tones of green and some purple with a silvery layer of frost on the very top of the buds. The flowers became very firm early on and have a heavy, and compact feel to them. She was a very easy plant to grow however as I said before I believe she did need some work to get the best out of her. She was a reasonably heavy feeder and I noticed that she consumed a lot of water. The Orange Sherbert will definitely need a good carbon filter and extraction unit if grown indoors as it has a very strong odour. The smell is pungent and deep. It's a sweet and floral citrus peel that sometimes reminds me of a fruity Skunk. The dried buds grind up light and fluffy go a long way for the amount used. It burns very well in a joint and smokes beautifully. The Orange Sherbert has a great flavour that is somewhat true to its name. There's the citrus that can be found in the smell but it's a bit less pronounced. There's also sweeter, berry candy tones that compliment the zest in an interesting way. The flavours can be tasted in the back of the throat and out through the nose as you exhale on a toke. The effect is straight up indica with a solid stone causing a relaxing feeling felt throughout the entire body. Classic movie watching and munchie inducing bud with medical potential as a pain reliever and appetite stimulator. It also relaxes the mind so there are stress relieving qualities too. The Orange Sherbert has earned a place as a firm favourite of mine with its great bud production and beautiful beautiful appearance. She has the potential for some very decent yields and I grew a lot of bud in a small area making her also good for closet and stealth growers. I would highly recommend the Orange Sherbert to growers of all experience levels as she is very easy to grow for beginners and can be mastered by the more experienced. In the end It was very difficult to find anything that I didn't like about this strain. An absolutely wonderful strain. Enjoy....

Nice summary. Thanks Prof’!
Sounds perfect.
Another one for the top of the list...
It's one of those strains where I wish I had taken a cut. I have 2 more seed which I'll be dropping in the not too distant future and I'm hoping for some similar phenos. It's a very good all round strain and it certainly put a smile on my face. Thanks DD

Can’t wait to grow this strain myself. Barney’s Farm were kind enough to send me some freebies from watching my grow journal of some of their strains on growdiaries. Got to pick whatever strains I wanted and this was one of them because I love my Purple Urkle (growing it now) and saw it was part of its genetics. Plus I read great things about it from various sites on its pain relief. Hoping to start growing by end of November or beginning of December. Also got Shiskaberry and Glookies, and Glookies I’m saving for outdoors next year because of the potential of 2500-3000g a plant.

Can’t wait to grow this strain myself. Barney’s Farm were kind enough to send me some freebies from watching my grow journal of some of their strains on growdiaries. Got to pick whatever strains I wanted and this was one of them because I love my Purple Urkle (growing it now) and saw it was part of its genetics. Plus I read great things about it from various sites on its pain relief. Hoping to start growing by end of November or beginning of December. Also got Shiskaberry and Glookies, and Glookies I’m saving for outdoors next year because of the potential of 2500-3000g a plant.
Similar thing happened to me. Was gifted some strains of my choice to showcase in return for pics. I needed up with the Orange Sherbert, Gorilla Zkittles, Blue Gelato 41 and Strawberry Lemonade for the first round of seeds. I've received some more since then which are currently in veg. I went with the Purple Punch over the Glookies only because I'd already done a few GSC and Gorilla Glue crosses recently and the PP is something I've been looking at for a while now. Good luck with the upcoming grow
Looks like a nice strain. I want that orangy citrus Nice grow and summary. I might go with this, pink kush, and gorilla zkittles i think it is from them
I think you'd like the Orange Sherbert then. I've not done the Pink Kush but there are a few grows on this site featuring her and she looks great. I can recommend the Gorilla Zkittles though. Excellent potency and flavour but she's a very floppy plant and needs good support
Yum, I can almost smell it from here.;)
lol, she does indeed stink! I'll definitely be growing this one again in the not too distant future

Thats good to hear that they are all good choices. I have had pink kush a bunch of times and it is one of my favorite smokes. Very potent and flavorful, but I have no idea which breeder it came from.
Barneys is one of the best from what I have read.
I will be getting my tent soon, give me a follow on instagram @CaNnAbIs concentration also on youtube here
Thats a video of the lights I have 4 of. Have a look through. I have rosin pressing videos amd a bunch of other stuff. Share it with all your feiends please I am gonna put my grow up there. I havent been uploading a lot lately. Been working extra to pay for new setup

Similar thing happened to me. Was gifted some strains of my choice to showcase in return for pics. I needed up with the Orange Sherbert, Gorilla Zkittles, Blue Gelato 41 and Strawberry Lemonade for the first round of seeds. I've received some more since then which are currently in veg. I went with the Purple Punch over the Glookies only because I'd already done a few GSC and Gorilla Glue crosses recently and the PP is something I've been looking at for a while now. Good luck with the upcoming grow

They just send them on their own or did they send you another PM asking you if you wanted more? I guess I could of asked for more than the 3 strains too . . . DAMNIT:straightface: Well hopefully I do well enough that they want to send me some more next time. Enjoying some Gorilla Zkittlez as I type this out now:smokin:

All ordered. Got what I said. I got gorilla zkittles, pink kush snd orange sherbert. Git them @ seedsman seeds and got white widdow and alaskan purple as freebies gonna put them in the new tent. 8x8 height adjustable

Attachments

• IMG_20190924_145004.jpg
    IMG_20190924_145004.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 153
Just got the seeds day before yestuday My wife texted saying she had a kids craft set there for me I will post pics and it is funny what they packed them in

Attachments

• 20191023_105320_2.jpg
    20191023_105320_2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 20191023_105516_2.jpg
    20191023_105516_2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20191023_171409.jpg
    IMG_20191023_171409.jpg
    1,017 KB · Views: 255
They just send them on their own or did they send you another PM asking you if you wanted more?
Apologies for the late reply. I asked them for more but they said to get in contact if I needed some more
Just got the seeds day before yestuday My wife texted saying she had a kids craft set there for me I will post pics and it is funny what they packed them in
That's brilliant lol. I've not had the pleasure of growing the Pink Kush but everyone I've seen looks great. Good luck with those

Hey 420. Today I shall be reviewing the Orange Sherbert from the breeder Barneys Farm. Orange Sherbert is a three way cross between Orange Cream, Purple Urkle and Cherry Pie. The Pheno that I was lucky enough to get grew short and stocky with tight nodes. She needed some serious training and defoliation to get anymore than just the tops exposed to the lights. She was grown using 200w of lighting and produced a very decent yield. She's a colourful plant with wonderfully orange pistils that stand out against a number of dark tones of green and some purple with a silvery layer of frost on the very top of the buds. The flowers became very firm early on and have a heavy, and compact feel to them. She was a very easy plant to grow however as I said before I believe she did need some work to get the best out of her. She was a reasonably heavy feeder and I noticed that she consumed a lot of water. The Orange Sherbert will definitely need a good carbon filter and extraction unit if grown indoors as it has a very strong odour. The smell is pungent and deep. It's a sweet and floral citrus peel that sometimes reminds me of a fruity Skunk. The dried buds grind up light and fluffy go a long way for the amount used. It burns very well in a joint and smokes beautifully. The Orange Sherbert has a great flavour that is somewhat true to its name. There's the citrus that can be found in the smell but it's a bit less pronounced. There's also sweeter, berry candy tones that compliment the zest in an interesting way. The flavours can be tasted in the back of the throat and out through the nose as you exhale on a toke. The effect is straight up indica with a solid stone causing a relaxing feeling felt throughout the entire body. Classic movie watching and munchie inducing bud with medical potential as a pain reliever and appetite stimulator. It also relaxes the mind so there are stress relieving qualities too. The Orange Sherbert has earned a place as a firm favourite of mine with its great bud production and beautiful beautiful appearance. She has the potential for some very decent yields and I grew a lot of bud in a small area making her also good for closet and stealth growers. I would highly recommend the Orange Sherbert to growers of all experience levels as she is very easy to grow for beginners and can be mastered by the more experienced. In the end It was very difficult to find anything that I didn't like about this strain. An absolutely wonderful strain. Enjoy....

Fantastic report and your your results turned out much better than mine. I grew Orange Sherbet over the very warm summer months and unfortunately she did not like a warm growroom (38 celcius plus at times) and the flowers did not fill out properly, the resin production was low and the promised orange flavour was undetectable and the possibly the weakest hit I've had in a while as it crept up to a mild stoned very slowly over 20 or so minutes. I have read several other reports that it is not that strong and the flavour is not there but It's reassuring to see you had good results and if grown in the right conditions this strain can live up to it's expectations.

Fantastic report and your your results turned out much better than mine. I grew Orange Sherbet over the very warm summer months and unfortunately she did not like a warm growroom (38 celcius plus at times) and the flowers did not fill out properly, the resin production was low and the promised orange flavour was undetectable and the possibly the weakest hit I've had in a while as it crept up to a mild stoned very slowly over 20 or so minutes. I have read several other reports that it is not that strong and the flavour is not there but It's reassuring to see you had good results and if grown in the right conditions this strain can live up to it's expectations.
Thanks DankWeasel. Don't worry, I've done that a few times. I grew 8 different strains 2 years ago through a heatwave that I wasn't prepared for and all 8 ended up like you said. They all tasted the same as well even after a cure. I think that it was around 38C for about 2 weeks near the end and was above 30C for most of the grow. I'm prepared for that now as I now have some low power LED's I could use if things get too hot. It means a hit on the yeilds but the quality can be saved. I've only had the pleasure of growing one plant and by the looks of it I had an interesting Pheno. I do have a couple more which I'll throw into a mega grow to finish up my Barneys thread when the time comes. I'll get to see a bit more variation then. Thanks for the kind words

Back
Top Bottom