Protecting plants from theft

fish hooks upside down around the main stems of your plants and voila; problem solved.
I like the way you think!!!!!
I've always wanted to start a company called "Kneecappers" - wife thinks I'm mean!!! but sometimes the law and the courts are not able to do what needs to be done!! So who ya gonna call??? :hmmmm: :thedoubletake::ciao:

But I'm thinking - Trip wire, glitter bombs, flash bangs and something real itchy!!! Help me out here!!!:hmmmm:
My first year I couldn't get all the stuff worked out so I just had a motion detector with lights and a real loud radio. My shop was already equipped so that when that motion detector was tripped it turned on a radio and a telephone wire that fed a speaker in the house - so I knew when a customer or a delivery was out there. Last year I didn't worry about it - just locked up the green house and shop and hoped for the best.

wile e trap.jpg

There's a noxious weed that grows here called hogweed, you even so much as touch a leaf and you are in for some serious pain and not just once, every time the sun is out any UV exposure burns your skin again....wonder if that would be a good deterrent to plant among the girls. :cool:

But I'm thinking - Trip wire, glitter bombs, flash bangs and something real itchy!!! Help me out here!!!:hmmmm:
Surround the yard with a hedge of Barberry. The little thorns are skinny and break off just under the skin's surface and start itching and hurting within seconds. From what I have read they use Barberry shrubs as part of the security and privacy fences on British and European and yards. And Barberry shrubs under first floor windows keeps thieves from getting into the house that way. Read an article years ago about a thief that tried to get past the Barberry and after crawling out of the shrub he gave up. Police notified all the area hospitals and waited. Sure enough the guy shows up in the Emergency room a couple of days later, police are called and they show up. Arrested him after he confessed to attempted burglary.

Here is a photo of my Bale of Straw garden. Tall plants with purple flowers block the neighbor's view through the gaps in the 6 foot privacy fence. The purple flowers and the smaller flowers in front help to distract the view of anyone driving on the driveways along the other side and the back of the yard. There are two small marijuana plants behind the straw but I cropped the photo to show just the one. A Monarch butterfly was working the flower on one of the Zinnias but it is almost impossible to see so I did a photo crop so that is the second picture.

View media item 1836537
This is one of several areas that are not weeded all that often. If I have people over I might mention that the area is not weeded because it is part of a 'pollinators garden bed' and has bees, wasps and other flying insects but if they want to see a lot of butterflies I lead them over to other flower beds with Zinnias and flowers that attract Monarchs and Swallowtails.

@Kikibonds79 That's a hell of a compound you made there, nice job! I'd still be worried about the guys using a fence cutter at night though:confused:

I have one of those Chamberlain motion alarms for my place so I put one of the sensors over by the plants. The sensor alerts me instantly in my bedroom at night if someone triggers it. I figure that should give me enough time to run down stairs and foul them before they can pull my plants!

But I'm not paranoid :nervous-guy::D
I camp outside on my patio from September until it’s done. I stay up watching movies
@Kikibonds79 That's a hell of a compound you made there, nice job! I'd still be worried about the guys using a fence cutter at night though:confused:

I have one of those Chamberlain motion alarms for my place so I put one of the sensors over by the plants. The sensor alerts me instantly in my edd bedroom at night if someone triggers it. I figure that should give me enough time to run down stairs and foul them before they can pull my plants!

But I'm not paranoid :nervous-guy::D
I camp out on my patio around September until harvest time watching movies all night going to set up a dummy in a chair dress him up all gangster so they can think I got guys posted up all night.

Gee, I don't know if I am willing to invest that much effort into this lol but the dummy in a chair idea sounds interesting :D
It’s my second year sleeping outside it’s very calming I don’t hear any snoring. I hear the neighbors always fighting along with the cats. My plants are my babies I’m going to protect them. I put a lot of work daily no one will touch them. I have to build a wire fence over my cage they got too tall and still growing.

That's really amazing!
Just as I will sleep more outside because I care a lot about my plants, I just decided to find a solution for this. And one would be that I would build a fence with some beautiful self-contained Gates from Austin Texas Automatic Gate Repair & Installation. - Everlast Gates, and then I think I wouldn't have to sleep next to plants at night so I wouldn't be afraid to run out. In the area where I live there is a lot of noise. Many dogs do not go to bed early, and there is noise, and I could hardly sleep at night usually, especially when I heard the dogs, and I woke up instantly.

Back
Top Bottom