PTSD's - Unknown - 600W MH/HPS - Grow Journal

On my LST I guess I am kind of wondering if its correct. Since the main stem was split one time, are the lower set of branches before almost disposable and im wasting my time with the LST on that branch. I am limited too a grow of 8' x 2' so I am going for a plant that would grow with the dimension of the room. Can I just clip and dispose of them and allow the main stem to produce my only bud sites?? I see others with perfect T shapes and I think that's what I am going for.

Hey PTSD, you can take as many leaves off as you wants as long as it is not more than 30% of the plant and its highly recommended to take the ones underneath the canopy as they are using vital nutrients that could be diverted to the top of the plant.

Is there a process to cutting off the leaves... I don't just want to go in there and cut away... And I know you pretty much answered this but grow off the main split only?

I drill holes all around under the lip of the pot about every 2 inches or so. I bought a whole bunch of pipe cleaners from the dollar store. Mixed colors. I tie them through the holes and anchor down the branches from there. It only takes a kink in the pipe cleaner to hold the branch down, easily adjustable, and if I want to get really carried away I can color code the different plants and strains with them.
I usually let those lower branches grow up, as they will do when you top the higher ones. But I'm growing them into square scrog screens so I just use whatever tops come my way and train them in. Up to you to torture them into whatever shape you like. Keep in mind that having a little bit of space under the plant to work with is a nice luxury. Gives you room to water and trim and such.

Another update..... I have not cut anything on her yet. There are the very lowest branches I am considering knocking off before I get to far into my final product. The plant has really began to take off. I tie the LST ropes daily and so far I am at 6 branches, which I figure will be bud sites and 2 of which will be the main cola, correct? The topping worked like a charm and she is spreading apart nicely. I am close to topping the main 2 colas which will be my final top. To this point that would leave me with 8 bud sites, correct?

* Is there a math to all of this shit, or is it ultimately luck of the draw? :thumb:

Anyways I am shooting for 6 bud sites due to size restraints.... 20 days into veg at this point.

So here is a little update.... Every day I have been doing LST, and the main split is almost 90 degrees from the main stem which is good. I have a total of 6 branches right now and just topped her again tonight. So that would give me 8 bud sites which I think is a good number. That's debatable tho cause I want to get good quality bud sites and that just seems quite hard with 20 bud sites so I figure 8 is a good happy medium for this grow. When topping to create multiple bud sites what is the normal or good range of bud sites to shoot for while still maintaining a good potent plant?

Here is the plant in general today.
IMG_20150312_231451_298.jpg

IMG_20150312_231351_642.jpg

Here is an attempt to show the main stem.
IMG_20150312_231435_742.jpg

And finally the two tops I just removed. Im a mechanic thus the excessive amount of grease on my hands.
IMG_20150312_231523_601.jpg

So I am 30 days into veg.... And I am probably jumping the gun here but I think I might have pistols, or those things that start with a c. I cant really tell but I am really hoping for some good news, no seeds for a while I am sure. Here is a general of the plant, and a couple with highlights of the suspected area.
sfsfs.jpg

Parts in question
ss35.jpg

stff.jpg

Someone give me some good news, I am beginning to cut it close on my time frame but still want to flip into flower only once sex is shown..... So good news would be amazing.

So i am going to be buying my soil for my final transplant and I will be going with the happy frog brand. Now my question is since im growing in the espoma potting soil, if I switch to happy frog with the perlite and vermiculite mixture is that going to be too shocking for the plant? Also I want to start feeding the plants also while keeping it as organic as possible any suggestion on nutes?? I would like to start them now briefly while in vegging to get them accustomed to the nutes and then start giving them the whole feedings once in flower... Suggestions and advice encouraged!!

Liking and learning alot im doing my first grow myself under 600w no one really checks my stuff out but really learned alot from your thread im subbed

Hey Growmanzilla:).....once i am done here i will head over to your yard and check things out my friend:)

Another update..... I have not cut anything on her yet. There are the very lowest branches I am considering knocking off before I get to far into my final product. The plant has really began to take off. I tie the LST ropes daily and so far I am at 6 branches, which I figure will be bud sites and 2 of which will be the main cola, correct? The topping worked like a charm and she is spreading apart nicely. I am close to topping the main 2 colas which will be my final top. To this point that would leave me with 8 bud sites, correct?

* Is there a math to all of this shit, or is it ultimately luck of the draw? :thumb:

Anyways I am shooting for 6 bud sites due to size restraints.... 20 days into veg at this point.

Hey P4.....things are looking good bro:).....as far as the yellowing......i am still learning my deficiencies as well but i was wondering if it was a nitrogen defic.....with no nutes:)....either way she looks good now.....now for training bud sites......i train mine to give me about 30 tops.....i lst the crap out of them:)lol.....i just posted pics of a Grizzly Purple Kush that is almost 4 weeks in veg.....you can see how heavy i defol in veg and how hard i tie them down......i just topped her which will be the tallest i have let one get before topping.....i have topped with only 3 nodes and still did fine with enough veg:).....i personally do not like scrog......for me it was too much of a pain tending to them.....that is when i started lst....and recently from watching other members have really started going hard on them:)......if you look close at my GPKush you will see that abotu an inch from the main branch i have squeezed the side branches or crimped to where when i pull down on them they dont bow.....but rather are straight from the crimp and easier to keep level.....i dont know if there will be any benefit other than ease of getting them where you want:).....I too use colored 12" pipe cleaners......i used to use the white ones but found them hard to follow when time to pull down more.....the colored ones allow you to follow them easier:)

So here is a little update.... Every day I have been doing LST, and the main split is almost 90 degrees from the main stem which is good. I have a total of 6 branches right now and just topped her again tonight. So that would give me 8 bud sites which I think is a good number. That's debatable tho cause I want to get good quality bud sites and that just seems quite hard with 20 bud sites so I figure 8 is a good happy medium for this grow. When topping to create multiple bud sites what is the normal or good range of bud sites to shoot for while still maintaining a good potent plant?

Here is the plant in general today.
IMG_20150312_231451_298.jpg

IMG_20150312_231351_642.jpg

Here is an attempt to show the main stem.
IMG_20150312_231435_742.jpg

And finally the two tops I just removed. Im a mechanic thus the excessive amount of grease on my hands.
IMG_20150312_231523_601.jpg

So went ahead and defoliated a bit and will be switching to flower once the new light and everything is ready. I did find what I thought to be preflowers although not visible until I actually cut the 2 lowest bud sites off for a weak attempt at a clone. Here are some photos.
SAM_10943.JPG
SAM_11003.JPG
SAM_11082.JPG
SAM_11092.JPG
SAM_11112.JPG
SAM_11133.JPG
SAM_11144.JPG
SAM_11153.JPG
SAM_11163.JPG
SAM_11174.JPG
SAM_11191.JPG
SAM_11202.JPG

Again 35 days in veg...

She is looking very good P4:)....i would suggest cleaning as much of the grease from your hands before handling your plants as there are impurities and dirt that could affect the health of them.....they dont need any added impurities:)lol.......i use ocean forest and happy frog......HF is good for seedlings and young plants......ocean forest is hotter and can burn young plants.....i think yours will be fine but just for future grows......when i plant a seedling i normally do it in its final pot so i layer the bottom 3/4s of the pot with ocean forest and the top 1/4 with happy frog:)......as far as nutes you will wnat to source organic nutes as ocean forest is organic and to keep things happy:)......the ones i use are not a sponsor and can be a bit pricey but if you want info just PM me......if you had another month to flip i would suggest to stick with LST......defol the crap out of her/him and train her to fill your room as necessary:).....i would think a 600 would kick ass on one plant, but i am very concerned with the temps it will cause....i know you said there is not much you can do about that......but you will have to keep a close eye on it......i have vegged for over 2 1/2 months before with no signs of pre floower......if your clones rooot soon you can put one of them in 12/12 to see:).......i have ordered seeds from Herbies and a few others without incident....in fact everyone i know on here has yet to have any issues......i live in a non legal state and my closest hydro shop is abotu 60 miles so i get most of my supplies online and most of tthat business goes to Perfect Gardens......or perfectgardens.com.....:).....you also get a dicount through them for being a 420 memeber.....i believe the code is 420mag........i dont remember how much but anything helps:).....they have a very reasonable flat rate shipping......just another option for you;)....i think i hve covered all i wanted to :)......dont forget to take a look at my GPKush if you have time to get an idea of what i go for.....and also last friday i posted an update that shows my White widow abotu halfway throught flower.....doesnt look very healthy at the moment:/.....a nebie mistake oof overdosing with cal/mag:).......anyway.....you can see how many tops i go for and they would be bigger now if it werent for some bleaching which slowed my growth and now recovering from the overdose:)lol......i think i should still end up with about 5-6 ounces dried :)....i have found a lot of members prefer mid sized colas as opposed to big fat ones for a fear of mold getting into the middle oof the big ones:)......ok....i hope this wasnt to confusing:).......if i can do anything else you know how to reach me:).....Havre a great day my friend:):passitleft:

Daze,

Thanks for the reply and assistance in this. I currently have what will be 12 bud sites, and although I would love to shoot for 30 colas I only have a 20x20 grow space with about 6 feet vertically. So I figured that 12ish is a good amount for this size of grow. I will definitely look into the sponsored website that you gave me. I wanted complete organic but at this point the only nute I have bought was Big Grow from Fox Farm and will be picking up complete organic on the flowering nutes. I looked at your grow and you definitely took a lot more then me however I know I was over hesitant to cut it back farther. I figure let this grow for 2 more weeks or so and then one more defol and flip. I will stick with your advice and loose the scrog for now and just lsting I will look into getting some pipecleaners tho. Haha ya I try to keep the chemicals from my hands off her, I know what they do to me and lord only knows what that would do to a plant. :volcano-smiley: I think I will try more bending with the branches also see if that can help with the training. Again thanks for the assistance in this, and I will definitely keep tabs on your grow!!!

BTW also being a non legal state, more like a Nazi state (ND) I will have to look into some suppliers or maybe just make the trip into Montana.... I live uber secluded out here in the oil fields so if it doesn't come offline then good luck getting what you want!!

Back
Top Bottom