4 Plants - 3 Strains - Promix HP - 600W MH/HPS

With a ppm of 47 I wouldn't do anything to my water, except add nutrients. I would love to not have to use a filter of any kind, and since you are on well water you don't have to worry about nasty chemicals like chloramine unless you add it yourself:). My ultimate water dream is a rain catchment system:)

I used Leds for space concerns, and I've loved them. Practically no heat concerns, tight growth and in my opinion decent bud growth. Does anyone have any experience with the new 5w chipsets?

@Stealth

Did you say first try? Like first grow? Hats off to you sir your grow looks fantastic. You must have really done your research. And yes more pictures PLEASE;)

my journal u will see a 1600x5w mars hydro led, ive completed it (on page 12 i believe) and still post on it my current grows with it. just uploaded new pics. its my second grow with a led

I&i

I took some pictures as promised, glad I finally had some time. The MKages have really gotten dense this past week, thus the weighed down branches. They aren't too far off from harvest either now, probably 80% red pistils, doing a tric check in a bit here again. There is even the tiniest hint of purple in the Blue Kush! :cheer: We will see what the end product looks like. Anyway, time for pics:
20150110_095915_1_.jpg
20150110_100241_1_.jpg
20150110_100259_1_.jpg
20150110_100307_1_.jpg
20150110_100323_1_.jpg
20150110_100353_1_.jpg
20150110_100408_1_.jpg
20150110_100423_1_.jpg

And here's the view from down under in case you were wondering:
20150110_100441_1_.jpg

@stealth

Man oh man those girls are looking pretty, is this not just the hardest time of the grow? They look so good, but we know if we're patient they will look fabulous!

@GF

Thanks for the invite to your journal, those plants looked amazing, even with the problems faced! Subbed for sure, I'll have to give that a full read! After seeing the results I think a 5w would be worth a go.

It might not be a good idea but I'm using the branches of each plant to support each other by carefully placing them in certain shapes/ways lol. I'm also tucking a few of the lower branches up above some higher ones so they get more light. From experimenting it seems like it would be more beneficial to just remove the lower branches early on and let the other branches get more energy. I'm being very careful now to make sure they don't dry out and break due to leaning over from dryness.

MKage is a newer strain, haven't heard of it outside of the store I got the clone from. I originally wanted MK Ultra but they didn't have any that day, so I went with the MKage, its a hybrid of MK Ultra X S.A.G.E. I've had S.A.G.E. before and really enjoyed it so I was ok with picking up those 2 MKages. I don't know anything else about it unfortunately. As I was typing this my power went out, I freaked out for about 5 minutes and then it came back on :phew: Crisis averted lol. Also, I'm really happy the Blue Kush is showing some color :)

Must agree with the vinegar and baking soda for pH adjustments. In the end, that's all that is in the synthetic pH ups and downs :)

Stay safe

Baking soda has too much sodium to be used with plants.

Here is a recipe for a home made Clearex Flushing Solution

I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Coloring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 milliliters per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

When I harvest I use disposable vinyl gloves and when I harvest a plant I start by cutting the branches off 1 by 1. I take the branch and first strip off all the fan leaves. I then use a pair of Fiskars Micro Tip Pruning scissors and trim all the sugar leaves flush with the bud. I then take the trimmed branches and place them in my drying rack to dry for 5-7 days or until the buds just break off the stems. I then trim off the buds from the stems and place the buds into storage containers. I take the buds out of the storage containers and place into a large bowl for 10 minutes per day for 10 days.

My drying rack

dry_fast_cactus.jpg

For trimming I use Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip recommended by the arthritis society, they come with a lifetime replacement warranty. One of the handles broke on my last pair, I used the warranty claim on the website and Fiskars replaced them at no cost.

https://www2.fiskars.com Titanium Micro Tip Easy Action Scissors No.5

drying racks

2' Dry Rack w/ Zipper Openings - perfectgardens

Nice dry box. I recently replaced a major appliance in house have a nice box use which similar.

Do you have any fans there?

Back
Top Bottom