Chuckeye's Sativa Grow In ProMix HP

The Amnesia Auto is now on seven days of 12/12, total of 57 days.

Tomorrow I switch from MH to HPS.

Breeder suggests 70-80 days, we will see how only 50 days of 18/6 effects that.....

Day 57  Amnesia Auto 2 Sept.jpg

Day 57  Amnesia Auto Bud One 2 Sept.jpg

Day 57 Amnesia Auto Bud Three 2 Sept.jpg

Day 57 Amnesia Auto Bud Two 2 Sept.jpg

Cheers

Day 8 of 12/12, now on HPS.

Amnesia Auto, bumped her feed up to 4.5g/4L of MaxiBloom.

Day 8 Amnesia Auto 4 Sept.jpg

Lambs Bread, 4g/4L of MC.

Day 8  Lambs Bread 4 Sept.jpg

Durban Poison, also 4g/4L of MC.

Day 8 Durban Poison 4 Sept.jpg

Double Chocolate, 4.5g/4L of MC.

The hoop is turning into both a way to limit vertical growth and as a kind of scrog that can be moved around ;)

There is now roughly 12" of growth on each top horizontally instead of vertically !

Day 8 Double Chocolate  4 Sept.jpg

Group shot.

The two Green Cracks in the front now have hoops. One of them Did Not Like being stabbed in the heart Three Times and then watered, he, he. Her portrait will have to wait until she's more presentable !

Day 8  The Girls 4 Sept.jpg

Cheers

Short update.

The Double Chocolate tops are almost touching each other on the wire and the bud sites under them have grown to completely fill in the circle.

Only a week into flower I may have to install another hoop or start pulling tops into the circle !

I also wasn't satisfied with color correcting pictures for HPS color so I installed an adjustable wall mounted strobe arm in my space, less editing and better image quality...

Day 9  Double Chocolate canopy 5 Sept.jpg

Little closer showing the wire and horizontal growth...

Day 9 Double Chocolate close up 5 Sept.jpg

And the Girls today, both Green Crack test subjects in the front. Couldn't bear to retire them, sigh...

Day 9  Light test  5 Sept.jpg

Cheers

Day 12 of flower.

RIP small Green Crack, she served her purpose !

More room for the rest of the Girls ;)

BTW > with topping and training the canopy is now ~ 33".

Except the Lambs Bread, she is @ 24" and sitting on a box !

Also the Amnesia Auto, her canopy is now @ 22".

Aside from the odd bottom leaf I have only removed branches that won't make it up to the canopy.

Temps are holding at ~ 27C, rh was up over 50% for a while but is now 46%...

Durban poison

4.5g/4L of MC. Installed three bamboo stakes and a wire hoop, pulled down her four main tops.

Day 12  Durban Poison 7 Sept.jpg

Green Crack

4.5g/4L of MaxiBloom.

Day 12  Green Crack 7 Sept.jpg

Amnesia Auto

4.5g/4L of MaxiBloom

Day 12 Amnesia Auto 7 Sept.jpg

Double Chocolate

4.5g/4L of MC. Lower branches are now starting to populating the center of the ring.

Day 12 Double Chocolate 7 Sept.jpg

Lambs Bread

4.5g/4L of MC. She is almost a foot shorter than the rest of the girls so for now I may just pull over that one run away top !

Day 12 Lambs Bread 7 Sept.jpg

The Girls

Day 12 The Girls 7 Sept.jpg

Cheers

Day 64 for the Amnesia Auto, the last 14 days under 12/12...

Picture first, comments later ;)

Day 14 Amnesia Top three  9 Sept.jpg

The above image is shot in situ under the 600w HPS bulb, a Nikon D7200 with a AF 105mm f2.8 and using a 300w strobe.

I know I'm pushing it but I had hoped to be able to just walk up, turn on the strobe (now wall mounted), turn the grow light down to 50% and shoot.

The color cast on the sugar leaves from the HPS bulb isn't really acceptable but the colors are close....

BTW > after seeing that image up close I moved the light up four inches, he, he... Was @ 20".

Looks okay to my bare (failing eyes), leaves Are green and the canoeing seems to be only on one layer but definitely pushing it !

Next is no strobe, just the HPS bulb @ 50% and image color corrected.

Darn near forgot to turn it back up after o_O :bongrip:

Day 14  Amnesia Top four 9 Sept.jpg

Better but no cookie ;)

Either one will work for a record but doesn't beat moving the plant out and shooting with just the strobe !

Cheers

Scyuze me @Chuckeye if you've already explained this, but what's the point of flowering an autoflower under 12/12?
Just because I'm curious to see how that will go ;)

Actually I thought she would finish soon enough to give the Sativa ladies more room to finish flowering.

She is one of the strains I would like to sample ! Don't want or need a lot...

A couple of weeks to finish compared to a couple of months for the others to be done ?

Cheers

Well, in that case... Enjoy! I take it you've not grown that auto strain before, and that there's only one of those in your grow. So, how will you be able to tell if the 12/12 schedule has any effect? Just wondering.

Hmmm. Maybe it might take a bit longer? It won't be getting as much energy from light, so growth a bit slower? I would doubt it will speed up, given it is not photoperiod.

Hmmm. Maybe it might take a bit longer? It won't be getting as much energy from light, so growth a bit slower? I would doubt it will speed up, given it is not photoperiod.
Yes, it will take longer, by how much we shall see !
Looking great mate :thumb: I had an auto gorilla glue go 13 weeks! It was on 12/12 for most of its life but the end result was better than I could have imagined! Your sativas are looking awesome too :drool: I love sativas :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thank You !

My last Gorilla Glue #4 auto went 120 days on 18/6 > 17 weeks o_O

She did have a slow start under a 85w CFL but it didn't seem to stunt her at all !

I wish I knew what I did, she yielded 15.6 oz ! The only thing I can think of is she had relatively cool nights @ 66 - 68F ?

GG#4 right side horizontal.jpg

The Amnesia auto is going to have to work Hard to reach my lowest auto yield of 6 oz.

The breeder says 8 - 10 weeks flowering for the Sativa's.

At least they will be done before Xmas, he, he...

Cheers

Yes, it will take longer, by how much we shall see !

Thank You !

My last Gorilla Glue #4 auto went 120 days on 18/6 > 17 weeks o_O

She did have a slow start under a 85w CFL but it didn't seem to stunt her at all !

I wish I knew what I did, she yielded 15.6 oz ! The only thing I can think of is she had relatively cool nights @ 66 - 68F ?

GG#4 right side horizontal.jpg

The Amnesia auto is going to have to work Hard to reach my lowest auto yield of 6 oz.

The breeder says 8 - 10 weeks flowering for the Sativa's.

At least they will be done before Xmas, he, he...

Cheers
Autos are getting to be something to look at! A pound from an auto is incredible!

For sure !

I vegged two photo's for 50 days the grow before and they only yielded 8oz each !

And took roughly the same amount of time....

But 420 less hours of light compared to the autos in that time, he, he...

Cheers
It's causing me to take a new look! I've been going 65 to 70 days veg and getting 8 to 12 usually. Not complaining but.....My heaviest plant was 13 oz. and I'm happy with that but...,.I'm seeing heavy autos lately!

It's causing me to take a new look! I've been going 65 to 70 days veg and getting 8 to 12 usually. Not complaining but.....My heaviest plant was 13 oz. and I'm happy with that but...,.I'm seeing heavy autos lately!
Me too, especially the XXL versions !

My last auto seeds (autoflower dot ca) were not advertised as anything special, aside from +25% THC..

Just did a search on True North Seedbank, they have a pretty large selection of XXL fem autos ;)

Hmmmmmm, but I still have a half dozen Sativa strains in my stash I want to try....

Cheers

Me too, especially the XXL versions !

My last auto seeds (autoflower dot ca) were not advertised as anything special, aside from +25% THC..

Just did a search on True North Seedbank, they have a pretty large selection of XXL fem autos ;)

Hmmmmmm, but I still have a half dozen Sativa strains in my stash I want to try....

Cheers
True North is a good outfit! One day for me not now though. I'm just feeling photo's out! They feel pretty good!

Update 12 Sept.

Pictures of the Amnesia auto down below, day 68, 18 of them under 12/12 o_O

Hope to make time tomorrow to get some young bud shots of the Sativa's.

The worst (or the best depending on how you look at it ;) ) of the stretch has slowed down !

It's been a couple of days now that I haven't had to adjust any of the tie downs. The lower bud sites on the pulled down tops have now grown to the same height as the top.

Some training to do yet on the center branches which are now a few inches above the rings but managing to keep a reasonably level canopy...

The two GH MaxiGro/MaxiBloom girls are showing a few yellow leaves on the bottom.

Shoulda/woulda/coulda fed a little bit more. At least to tip burn like I usually do !

Last feed was 5g/4L of Bloom.

The MC girls are green right to the bottom, except for the odd yellow leaf, likely lack of light. But I did up the feed slowly until I saw a small amount of tip burn.

Last feed was 4.5g of MC and .75g of Bud Explosion in 4L of water.

I Must remember to take a ppm reading next feeding :bongrip:

FYI > These tops range from 6" to 8" long and there is still time for more packing it on lower down :yahoo:

Day 18  Amnesia top one 12 Sept.jpg

Day 18  Amnesia top two 12 Sept.jpg

Day 18  Amnesia top three 12 Sept.jpg

And a close up...

Day 18  Amnesia top close up 12 Sept.jpg

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom