Chuckeye's Sativa Grow In ProMix HP

Day 27.

Always a good day when the postman comes :yahoo:

Maxi Nutrients 4 Aug Day 27.jpg

I lost patience with my attempt at femming, this is yesterday. Two days after the cut...

Double Chocolate fem.jpg

I'm sorry now I didn't at least give it enough time to see what would have happened, sigh... It is a photo after all, lots of time for training.

Anywho, I cut it off this morning, so a normal topping.

But, what happened even in that short of a time is the next two lower sets took over upward growth !

And just enough to start training ! With the nodes so close together I will still get the effect of a successful fem.

I also topped all the rest of the Girls !

This is roughly ten hours later...

Double Chocolate top 4 Aug Day 27.jpg

On to the food ;)

They all received 2L each two days ago. And felt ready at the time by the pick it up method, he, he..

This evening they weren't quite dry, close but not close enough.

But a perfect opportunity to give the top feeder roots a boost. While the tap root is growing down to take advantage of the last remaining water, this gives the top roots a chance to develop sideways before we start full watering.

BTW > most of the girls leaves have almost reached the outside of the pots.

Four of the girls received a litre each of 1.5g/4L of MC.

Watered from the outside of the bag and just enough to moisten the first couple/three inches of medium. Feed was increased from 1.4g/4L to 1.5g/4L

I do not recommend this more than a couple times at this stage. Aim for a wet/dry watering cycle going forward.

At present all the girls are as perfectly green as I could ask for !

The smaller Green Crack and the Amnesia auto received a litre each of 1.5g/4L of MaxiGrow, half of their Indoor medium feed veg suggested amount. They are my test subjects for this new to me nutrient system !

This is just watered and not rotated yet. The Lambs Bread top left was very close to needing water but she will have to wait with just a little drink for now !

The Girls 4 Aug Day 27.jpg

And a cautionary note. Keep an eye on your timers on and off settings for a full week.

This darn dohicky almost got the better of me. I blame my eyesight, the symbols for days of the week are so small I didn't notice my on time was only set for six days of the week.

Checked one morning at half an hour past and the lights were off.

They are still @100%, I see some minor canoeing but tomorrow it will get raised another six inches or so. Temps are just under 30C @ ~ 40% rh.

The Double Chocolate and Amnesia auto are about 11", the rest are 7-8".

And the Amnesia auto showed her first pistils yesterday @ day 26.

I will have to revisit the choice to start early with a lesser light. The photos won't mind but the Amnesia Auto is going to be challenged with a slower start And see a lesser amount of light in a couple of weeks.

A bit early to judge but I'm not seeing the Sativa trait of growing through the roof yet ;)

I plan to flip at around 24"...

Cheers

Day 29

To recap, they all received 2L of water four days ago.

Two days ago they received an additional 1L.

Early today some of them were starting to droop a little but I waited until this evening to water.

Somewhat trying to force the girls into a regular watering schedule ;)

Not that it matters much, I'm in there a dozen times a day :love:

Might need to actually make a better list to keep track, I'd like to pay extra attention to wet/dry water through the whole grow...

Just now gave them all 2L's and rotated. Next watering I will increase to 3L each. No more teasing !

Right after. And 12 days since transplant...

The Girls 6 Aug Day 29.jpg

For comparison, this is my last auto grow @ Day 28. Again, started under the 85w CFL.

The middle Purple Silverback auto still managed to produce 6oz.

The Girls 5 Feb 2022 Day 28.jpg

I need to put this out of mind moving forward so I will say this.

If possible, start your seedlings under your actual grow light ;)

I started early because my room wasn't available yet and I Just Needed To Grow :yahoo:

This is the Double Chocolate, eight days after the fumbled femming and two days since a normal topping. Now @12".

Double Chocolate tops 6 Aug Day 29.jpg

So it is 21 days until the planned flip @ day 50 and is looking doable. Growth is very roughly an inch a day now.

Cheers

Day 31

Only two of the girls were ready for water tonight.

The Double Chocolate received 1.2g of MC in 3L of water. One topping...

Day 31 Double Chocolate 8 Aug.jpg

The Amnesia Auto is now @ 14" and flowering. One topping, LST to commence !

Day 31  Amnesia Auto 8 Aug.jpg

The landrace Sativa Durban Poison isn't what I expected, shortish and Big leaves. Light is @ 100% and ~ 30".

Day 31 Durban Poison 8 Aug.jpg

Same with the Lambs Bread, 95% Sativa.

Day 31 Lambs Bread 8 Aug.jpg

Green Crack is coming along !

Day 31 Green Crack 8 Aug.jpg

All three of the above were topped a little early ;)

Cheers

Day 33

The Lambs Bread and Durban Poison both graduated to 3L each yesterday but the Green Cracks were only ready for 2L today ;)

The Green Crack started in single serving yogurt container is on MaxiGro and a full shade greener.

She's kind of my test subject so she got 1.5g/2L. A bit of a push to see how much is enough !

Amnesia auto training is going well. Eight tops is the goal and we are there. Two more branches are Reaching and at least half way up to the canopy. Will have to decide whether to leave them be...

Thinking I will.

Next stage of training is four bamboo stakes with a net of sorts with wire. Any tops that get too far ahead can be pulled down and the lower two branches should be able to catch up. She's actually already at the stage where this would make training easier. Hmmm, going to town tomorrow anyway :cool:

The two branches below them were trimmed off yesterday. Next watering will be with MaxiBloom.

Day 33 The Girls 10 Aug.jpg

Cheers

Amnesia Auto, Day 35.

Senior moment, forgot to switch to MaxiBloom last watering, she has gone from showing pistils to building buds in two days !

Day 35 Amnesia Auto 12 Aug.jpg

A close up of the top of the Green Crack photo.

She was the one started in a single serving yogurt container, one of two GM Maxi nutrient test subjects and received 1.6g in 3L of water two days ago. Medium feed schedule says 3g/gallon for early veg. I gave the equivalent of 2.1g/gallon.

I was looking for how much is too much and although this isn't a typical nutrient burn it sure isn't vigorous growth.

Perhaps someone familiar with the Maxi series can comment ?

Day 35 Green Crack Top 12 Aug.jpg

Group shot.

Day 35 The Girls 12 Aug.jpg

Cheers

Day 37.

The Amnesia Auto was ready for a drink today. She received 4L with 2.1g of MaxiBloom ;)

Note to self, just for reference measure the ppm's !

The canopy is at 18", the two top branches are about 6" long. Call it 24" !

Day 37 Amnesia Auto 14 Aug.jpg

The Double Chocolate is turning into a very nice bush ! Her training is about a week ahead of most of the other girls.

Day 37 Double Chocolate 14 Aug.jpg

Durban Poison, first LST today. Short and squat and Full. I was tempted to remove a few fans but decided to wait a couple of days !

Day 37 Durban Poison 14 Aug.jpg

Green Crack, the larger of the two. First LST.

Day 37 Green Crack 14 Aug.jpg

Lambs Bread, also first LST.

Day 37 Lambs Bread 14 Aug.jpg

And the smaller of the two Green Cracks. She seems to have pulled through what I thought was a borderline overfeeding ! Training to commence shortly....

Day 37 Small Green Crack 14 Aug.jpg

Group shot.

Day 37 The Girls 14 Aug.jpg

Cheers

A what the heck moment ;)

The Double Chocolate is in a 11"W x 9" tall bag, she took 4L with virtually no run off.

The small Green Crack is in a 9"W x 11" tall bag, she took 4L with enough run off to cover the bottom of her 14" saucer.

Same volume of medium but the Double Chocolate is easily twice the plant size...

And remembered to take some readings !

2g/4L of MC was 630 ppm and ph of 7.0

1.6g/4L of MaxiGro was 600 ppm and ph of 7.0

And just now tested the raw water, it was 7.4

Cheers

I’m scared to water mine that much.
I’m doing about 2.5L of water. I done 3 the other day and no run off for me either. Gets super heavy but in a day it done sucked it all up it seems like.
Remember, over a month or so I am gradually increasing the amount as they drink more.

My goal is wet/dry in no longer than four days.

I am just now up to giving 4 litres per watering and I expect it won't be long before they will have used that in two days.

Ideally you do want some run off. For me that would be a full gallon. Cdn not US ;)

If your girls are drinking 2.5L in one day you may want to consider giving them more !

How old ? Medium ? Size and type of container ?

Cheers

Remember, over a month or so I am gradually increasing the amount as they drink more.

My goal is wet/dry in no longer than four days.

I am just now up to giving 4 litres per watering and I expect it won't be long before they will have used that in two days.

Ideally you do want some run off. For me that would be a full gallon. Cdn not US ;)

If your girls are drinking 2.5L in one day you may want to consider giving them more !

How old ? Medium ? Size and type of container ?

Cheers
She’s got maybe 4 weeks left in flower. I up potted from some ff happy frog to the pro mix bx a few weeks ago.
In a fabric 5 gallon pot.
And I haven’t watered till runoff since that.

She’s got maybe 4 weeks left in flower. I up potted from some ff happy frog to the pro mix bx a few weeks ago.
In a fabric 5 gallon pot.
And I haven’t watered till runoff since that.
Go for it, give her a full drink and clock how long it takes to dry ;)

The ProMix can only hold so much water so don't worry about drowning her. She may droop for an hour or so but will soon perk up !

In essence, you are likely underwatering. The bottom roots are either not getting anything or even developing.

Cheers

Go for it, give her a full drink and clock how long it takes to dry ;)

The ProMix can only hold so much water so don't worry about drowning her. She may droop for an hour or so but will soon perk up !

In essence, you are likely underwatering. The bottom roots are either not getting anything or even developing.

Cheers
Gave it little over 3L of water yesterday afternoon and I finally got some run off.

Day 40

First up is my test subject, the smaller of the two Green Cracks. Sadly, I think she has served her purpose and will have to give up her spot ;)

Then the Amnesia Auto can go in the middle and when she's done there will be more room for the remaining four.

Last watering the Green Crack received 1.6g of MaxiGro in 4L of water. PPM was 600 and ph 7.0

I found a site last night that had a ten year long thread with 197 posts on the Maxi series. Seems there were quite a few members feeding 5g/gallon all the way through veg and 7g/gallon all the way through flower o_O

Guess I'm just too used to slowly working my way up !

Day 40 Small Green Crack 17 Aug.jpg

The Amnesia Auto received 2.2g of MaxiBloom in 4L of water. She does have one bottom yellow leaf so I will up her feed next watering.

Day 40 Amnesia Auto 17 Aug.jpg

Double Chocolate is the bushiest of the four Sativa's. Will not be long before she needs stakes.

Day 40 Double Chocolate 17 Aug.jpg

Durban Poison is coming along but still the smallest ?

Day 40 Durban Poison 17 Aug.jpg

Green Crack has only been topped.

Day 40 Green Crack 17 Aug.jpg

Lambs Bread

Day 40 Lambs Bread 17 Aug.jpg

Group shot

Day 40 The Girls 17 Aug.jpg

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom