Hutch's First Grow: Amnesia Haze Auto In ProMix HP

Pro mix hp you can feed at 7.4. No worries it with drag the ph down. I stopped checking ph on my plants in pro mix hp. As you can see the don’t give a .....
That's what I've heard and your plants are living proof. From what I've read the ph level of the ProMix will change over time if you don't ph the water, but the time it would take to reach dangerous levels is far more than the 4 months/max it takes to grow autoflowers. If you don't plan on re-using the ProMix (which I don't) then not checking ph should be ok. But I try to always check anyway. Superstitious I guess.:blunt:

Amnesia Haze Auto Day 85 (6.3 weeks in flower)
Here's the bud sample after 48 hours. It is now dry on the surface but not crispy. Still feels damp and pliable. Seems like another 24 hours should dry it enough to smoke. Can't see much difference from yesterday in the picture but the sample has shrunk along with the moisture loss. Hygrometer in the box says the RH is 60%. Ambient RH in the apartment is about 57% as the rainforest here reverts to its pre climate change precipitation levels for a few days.
IMG-1587.JPG

The trichomes are showing a little amber. My wife and I like a headier stone than a body stone so we have decided to chop tomorrow. I have a cheap digital scale, Vivosun trimming scissors and a dozen Mason jars arriving tomorrow from Amazon. As soon as the scales arrive we are chopping her down - hope they arrive early, lol.

In preparation for our 420 harvest I did a major trim of the plant. Here she is...
IMG-1595.JPG

Amnesia Haze Auto Day 87 (6.5 weeks in flower)
4/20 - Harvest Day

First, here's the final update on our sample bud. First thing this morning we retrieved it from the drying box. The outside felt crispy but it was still pliable and failed the snap test. One more day would have finished it off. RH in box was 57% and ambient was 54%.
IMG-1597.JPG

After 72hrs drying.

Not ready by any stretch but that was expected and of no concern :oops:
IMG-1601.JPGIMG-1602.JPGIMG-1603.JPG

Smoked about 1/3gm in bubbler. Was reasonably smooth and tasty and the ash burned greyish white. The effect was clear and uplifting. Weighed the remaining ground bud when the scale arrived from Amazon and it was 0.9gm.

After things settled down we got to work:
IMG-1604.JPG
IMG-1605.JPG
IMG-1606.JPG

Weighed that plate of wonder and it was 325gm of wet bud and stem. I'm guessing divide by two to get rid of the stem and divide the remainder by four to get a dry weight of 40 grams after trim. Maybe it will be, that's more than I expected when I started growing and before I'd heard of this website. On the other hand...fuzzy math.

What Does This Mean?
Today I took the pot with Amnesia's old soil and roots to the compost bin. I was expecting a pot full of roots but instead most of the pot had very few roots. There was only a root ball of about two cups in size.

Originally it was planted in a 2" peat cup, then transplanted to a 4" peat cup and finally to a 3 gallon pot. The 2" peat pot was never removed and I observed at the time of final transplant that all of the roots were still in the 2" pot. I guess they broke through but never developed much.

The plant was 20" tall and produced a reasonable (to me) yield. So what did the poor root development do?

My guess is the plant would have been much larger and therefore produced a better yield. Moral of the story, take care of your roots!

Follow @Emilya watering guide. It shows how to up pot properly and how to build roots. Also if you transplanted right before flower the plant may have stopped focusing on roots. You want to fill out the roots before you flip I believe.

Additionally some roots are really thin so you just may not have seen them in the soil.

Follow @Emilya watering guide. It shows how to up pot properly and how to build roots. Also if you transplanted right before flower the plant may have stopped focusing on roots. You want to fill out the roots before you flip I believe.

Additionally some roots are really thin so you just may not have seen them in the soil.
Believe me, I have read Emilya's guide many times and follow it closely now. This Amnesia was started before I knew anything and before I joined 420Magazine website. I have learned a lot from following your journals Reave.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom