PTSD's - Unknown - 600W MH/HPS - Grow Journal

My pleasure my friend:)......when you bend the branches make sure to squeeze the stem where you want it bent first....kind of roll the stem between your thumb and forefinger until it gets a little plyable....if you dont then you stand the chance of snapping it:)....done a few of them:)lol....did i PM you those nutes?.....nevermind...i will do it now....as i think i forgot:)lol.....Have a Greentastic Daze my friend:)

Daze I don't know if I will be going that route on this round. It kinda has me paranoid concerning the unavailability of seeds or anything to that matter. Maybe if I can come up with a good solution for this one I will give it a whirl on the next.

So finally I was able to transplant into the new 5 gallon smart pot as well as FFOF potting mix. The roots had a nice white color and definitely not root bound although a good structure throughout the pot. I also added the first dose of Grow Big just one under one teaspoon in about a half gallon of water. The clones I have some serious doubts about well I really have no expectation for any success there. The plant is looking very pitiful right now after the defol, no large fan leaves just new growth. The nodes are completely stripped and its looking like I will have 12 bud sites which is what I am going for. I will throw up some pics tomorrow hopefully everything perks up after the transplant and nutes..... I just hope the nutes and new soil don't burn her too bad, but I guess only time will tell. Keep it real 420 world!!!

Thanks for stopping in Daze....... Little to update, just continuing to read and gain as much knowledge as I can for whenever this flip will happen. Here are a couple of pics to show where I am at.....
SAM_11832.JPG

SAM_11802.JPG

SAM_11261.JPG

Canopy work can be real tough man, some strains are difficult, like the Strawberry Blue I'm growing now. She just didn't want to even up her canopy, no matter how much LST I used.

There's nothing wrong with a little OCD, if it's productive. For other types of OCD, Cannabis works great to treat it :thumb:

And with your journal link in your sig, if you visit other journals, it'll end up bringing some new visitors to your journal. I'll throw a link up to your journal in mine as well to bring a few more folks over to check out your work :)

:Namaste:

I got you and Daze man, that all I need hah. And I am constantly viewing other journals, its just that my knowledge isn't enough to really be of any assistance besides asking some questions. I try not to speak on a subject unless I truly understand it. I was just kidding about the OCD thing although I did get diagnosed with that one too back in 2009 along with my PTSD but I really don't think that was a proper diagnosis. The canopy work is a process, the plant does stay symmetrical which makes it easy, I should have not allowed 3 nodes and just left the main split. Oh well for next time.

Hi ya PTSD,
just had a chance to get caught up on your journal and your grow looks beautiful. Very nice especially being your first. I still remember all the disasters Green Dreamz had when he first started :thedoubletake: anyway great start, keep up good work and all the best to you and yours :thumb::cheer:

Thanks for stopping in Daze....... Little to update, just continuing to read and gain as much knowledge as I can for whenever this flip will happen. Here are a couple of pics to show where I am at.....
SAM_11832.JPG

SAM_11802.JPG

SAM_11261.JPG

Very nice bro! For a first timer you're doing a great job and wonderful thing for your wife, peace brother :)

Thanks Night Im just doing as much reading as possible, trying to do it right the first time. Now if they had a thread about car's and mechanics I gotch'll there haaha but this indoor shit is a whole new science. And truly ?'s I have had have been answered or something I have been able to pick up off other Journals. I am sure once the vegetative phase is over, hopefully soon (as soon as I see preflowers) I can come up with some more relevant and real questions for ya'll. Just keeping the fingers crossed that I see some of those oh so amazing lady parts or it may be a while till my next adventure. Keep it real 420!!

I do have a concurrent ? tho at this time.... I have a very limited grow space being roughly 2x2x6. With the plant being where "it" is now, I guess the guidance of when to flower due to the jump in size would be appreciated. I have read that indicas will grow 50-60% but some people say 200% which I am guessing is Sativa......... The "it" is roughly 16" from fan to fan..... Would it be damaging if I flowered and she was pressed up against the walls once the stretch and budding started......... I guess in retrospective I would have grown one main cola to maximize the vertical growth. I am 40ish days into the growth and preflowers could be expected soon, so do I flip now, or let it ride.....

I do have a concurrent ? tho at this time.... I have a very limited grow space being roughly 2x2x6. With the plant being where "it" is now, I guess the guidance of when to flower due to the jump in size would be appreciated. I have read that indicas will grow 50-60% but some people say 200% which I am guessing is Sativa......... The "it" is roughly 16" from fan to fan..... Would it be damaging if I flowered and she was pressed up against the walls once the stretch and budding started......... I guess in retrospective I would have grown one main cola to maximize the vertical growth. I am 40ish days into the growth and preflowers could be expected soon, so do I flip now, or let it ride.....

As you said it depends on your space you have. You could flip her now and she would get quite big. Do you know if its a photo-period plant or auto?

Bagseed bro... I don't even know if shes female... I hate to see 50+ days of veg for testicles haha.... All I know is from the growth that she is indica dominant if not 100% but due to the growing environment I am totally unaware of the projected growth. As far as yield I would like to see a OZ but im just afraid of if I flip her now that I will just get a bit of popcorn...

in my experience with the indicas and sativas i have grown they averaged 3 times thier flip size...so at 10" mine would end around 30"....that is an appoximate average but is how i plan my flip.....my WW that is 6ish weeks in flower only stretched about 7" ending at 17".......but i was over dosing with cal/mag:/:)lol.....the blue dream has been in 12/12 9 days when the light comes on and as of yesterday at lights off has grown 8" since flip:)....i flipped her at about 9-10" after 82 days of hard LST:).....you can always do a heavy defol to slow the stretch or supercrop while in stretch to even the canopy:).....i wouldnt super crop after the stretch is over in my opinion.....i didnt have very good success after the stretch...they never recovered so i had to tie them from above to hold them even....but during the stretch they start mending pretty quick but allow the other colas to even up some:)

Daze I watched some videos and took the pointers you gave me on supercropping..... got the balls to do it.... grabbed the stem I wanted and pussed out after feeling the strength of the branch. Haha I tried so hard to take your advice and just could not do it. Im truly a softy at heart haha.... Have you had foliage or bud sites extend to the walls?? Any ill effects from it.... 40 days just seems like a short veg for a 1 plant harvest..... How long are you averaging before flip?

hey PTSD i saw you dropped by my garden and i thought i'd pop in to say hi

looks very promising :Namaste:

subbed for more fun, best of luck and good vibes from EU

Back
Top Bottom