Purple Haze with white pistils and cloudy/amber trichs?

Southerncough

Hi everyone,
has anyone had experience growing purple haze?
My girl is getting big and figured I still had a few weeks left since the pistils are still whitish in color.
This morning I took a peek through my lens and saw 90% cloudy trichs and 10%+/- amber heads?
Is this common in the strain? I was anticipating some purple color to pop close to harvest.

Should I let her go another week and see what happens? Is this a nutrient issue?

If it goes a little past peak, I'm okay with a little couch lock as I usually like to unwind at the end of the day with a bowl of popcorn and netflix. :popcorn:

Thanks guys

-Southerncough

I would definitely wait until you get 30% amber at least . You get the most of the purple haze experience when it is very mature.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Purple color doesn't always come out in strains prone to that, varies on strain but one or two out of four seeds of same might show colors. Also lower temps at lights off sometimes bring colors on more (don't want to get much below 60 but it is around there that sometimes brings colors out more, but sometimes it just won't), but I wouldn't mess with that at this point so late in Flower as may not matter or just this plant isn't going to show color. Personally I go more by when most of the pistils are no longer white, though a few strains where they stay white that won't work, as I have a hard time seeing cloudy/amber even with a loupe.

Thanks, don't think I'll have the cool temp issue my room's in the low 80s right now.
Was going to add a small AC but it's so close to finishing I'm probably going to take a break until fall (year round warm climate).
I agree that I'm going to let the pistils darken a little. Most of the amber trichs are on the sugar leaves anyways

Ya growing indoors in the summer is not really worth it for me either. But ya amber on the sugar leaves is a sign of maturity but im sure you already know to look at the actual bud for maturity. Your probly still going to have at least two weeks or more just my thought lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks, don't think I'll have the cool temp issue my room's in the low 80s right now.
Was going to add a small AC but it's so close to finishing I'm probably going to take a break until fall (year round warm climate).
I agree that I'm going to let the pistils darken a little. Most of the amber trichs are on the sugar leaves anyways

Yeah sounds like another week at least then, depending on what you aiming for (more amber more couch lock, which I don't like to use during the day so I prefer a more "up high"). I been fighting cold temps on my grows, so getting a lot of color but it causes problems too just like too hot, so I haven't had enough control of temp to even try to do anything on purpose ;) :rofl:.

Back
Top Bottom