Purple Pics

I don’t know anyone that grows autos 12/12, what’s the point they grow the same at 24/0 as any variation. My last 3 grows have been 24/0 , you finish 10 days early on average and that’s from 18/6. There’s a lot of guys that only grow photos partnering up with auto guys coming up with some awesome plants. My Dutch Passion from Herbies says the yield is 450-500 grams in the Orange bud I purchased, 70 days from seed, and this is a bad thing. Autos have come really far in the last couple years, it’s common for certain seed banks to get 10-15 ozs on a plant, I can only smoke and give so much away , what would I do with 4 lbs , the last marathon I grew tested at a festival 27% thc and the cannabinols were in the 30s the cbd was even 2% , best weed I ever smoked and I lived in California for 2 yrs I’ve smoked a lot of great weed. Bill Herbies has a very extensive awesome selection of autos , I have some on the way . To each their own but there’s nothing wrong with growing autos
I agree 100% there is nothing wrong with growing Auto’s and I take my hat off to you for being successful in doing so. But unfortunately for me I had two that stunned and never recovered properly. I still don’t know why but I guess now I’m once bitten twice shy. Imho photos are way more forgiving and I’m going to stay with whatever works for me. CL🍀

You can grow autos on a bunch of different schedules. You just can’t control the flip. They can be a bit like a hand grenade in when they flip and for me running 1000’s watts of lights and AC and Dehumidifiers I’m happiest when lights are out. But 12/12 will work with autos. Or 24/0 overall yield probably lower because the Siberian cross. But they’re great for some people and space and reasons for growing, whatever light schedule you run I think.

I ever grew them indoors (I can’t imagine ever doing that!) I’d run 8/8/8. Be a PITA to program the digital timers I think. On a ladder.

But basically 8 On 8 Off. Some Auto people swear by it. 18/6 probably best but the 8/8 its a bit contrary so I’d do that! 🤣

Nick

Is that for sure Joe. So I likely to benefit for changing my schedule to 20/4?
You could over stress it, all depends on the strain you could hermie it

If its directed to me and you thought I was disagreeing in some way please don’t get me wrong - I was not, bro! Just giving an example of a fellow like huge scale grower used photos for a particular use case. Me, he and you all love the grow! Just horses for courses!

Nick
Nobody wishes I could unload a large scale grow more than me, I’ve gotten good at this. I grow autos because it’s convenient for my situation, I wish I knew people to unload weight too, not that I ever would mind you , strictly to feed the horses. The weed is good believe me, yes it’s not sitting there ripening to perfection like a photo will , it works for my situation. Someone I’ve heard of that lives in Hawaii grows photos for 6 months then goes surfing in Bali for 4 months, lives like a king . Someone send me some of his White Widow, I can’t even describe how good it was, I’ve never smoked pot that made me feel like that. Just big fat lite green buds encrusted in frost

You could over stress it, all depends on the strain you could hermie it
This is what worries me. The old saying 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' springs to mind

Of course. I'm very much a beginner. I'm trying to absorb any info I can and reach out to as many people as I can as there will be many more journeys coming.

My lights are due to go out at 10pm. I'm contemplating changing the timer to 20/4 and praying for the best 🙏🙏
Autos are on their own schedule, I’m growing 3 years probably 25 plants, I always ran 20/4 the last 8 months I run the lites 24/0 . I’ve never had a plant do anything but grow , do yourself a favor do not run 12/12 , you don’t flip an auto into flower, that’s why it’s called an auto it automatically flowers no matter what you do

Autos are on their own schedule, I’m growing 3 years probably 25 plants, I always ran 20/4 the last 8 months I run the lites 24/0 . I’ve never had a plant do anything but grow , do yourself a favor do not run 12/12 , you don’t flip an auto into flower, that’s why it’s called an auto it automatically flowers no matter what you do
I get that, but had you stuck to one schedule through out the whole process? Or did you change at certain points like I have? Would this alteration be okay considering the plants are used to 12/12.

I've already changed from 18/6 to 12/12 and they dealt with that okay

I’m the child in here, you guys are real growers, I’m certainly not a serious grower with my 5 oz grows . I love it I unfortunately don’t get the same out of it , autos are my thing because I don’t have a choice. But I sure as shit aren’t gonna knock heads with you guys with your 5lb harvests so don’t think for one second I think I know anything more than you guys

Well I only went to 12/12 to get them flipping flowers. I have read mixed reviews on changing light schedule for autos.
Wait you went 12/12 to “flip” an AUTO?

That’s like the exact opposite of “crossing the streams” in Ghostbusters. Absolutely nothing changes. Maybe you lose a day of growth.

It flips when it wants to flip. You can't change that. That’s why you get people running whacky light schedules. They don’t care. They are truculent. Hermies after a day in veg zero worry about that.

They might flip. Worst case. But probably not. Because the inability to time flip is the curse of the Auto.

I want to size my plants in veg to allow for growth when we move them to the flower room with an up pot. But the flower room tomorrow we’re chopping so we need to do that in the morning, get guys to service the AC, while we up pot 27 plants from 3 Gallon fabric (root balls going to be stuck solid) to 5 and 15 gallon gallon airpots. Just 4 15 gallons and 23 5 gallons.

Autos flipping st random is not conducive to planning! But fun grows. @Weffalo did his first excellent grow on Autos in SIPS! Check out his stuff. He may even weigh in on lights. He’s your man!

Nick

All of this talk today has definitely reminded me how inexperienced I am....I'm very much a connoisseur with strands, breeding history and flavours - but the science behind all the different seeds and going through this first grow has been pretty stressful. By the sound of it I've really over thought this whole process - cause autos seem to just look after themselves. As long as you get the atmosphere right and feed correctly

GP2 - Copy.JPG

week 3
Gorgeous color would love get my hands on pheno like that

Wait you went 12/12 to “flip” an AUTO?

That’s like the exact opposite of “crossing the streams” in Ghostbusters. Absolutely nothing changes. Maybe you lose a day of growth.

It flips when it wants to flip. You can't change that. That’s why you get people running whacky light schedules. They don’t care. They are truculent. Hermies after a day in veg zero worry about that.

They might flip. Worst case. But probably not. Because the inability to time flip is the curse of the Auto.

I want to size my plants in veg to allow for growth when we move them to the flower room with an up pot. But the flower room tomorrow we’re chopping so we need to do that in the morning, get guys to service the AC, while we up pot 27 plants from 3 Gallon fabric (root balls going to be stuck solid) to 5 and 15 gallon gallon airpots. Just 4 15 gallons and 23 5 gallons.

Autos flipping st random is not conducive to planning! But fun grows. @Weffalo did his first excellent grow on Autos in SIPS! Check out his stuff. He may even weigh in on lights. He’s tour man!

Nick
24/7 light an auto really needs if u want to make it worth ur time please pset your light on 20/4

I’m the child in here, you guys are real growers, I’m certainly not a serious grower with my 5 oz grows . I love it I unfortunately don’t get the same out of it , autos are my thing because I don’t have a choice. But I sure as shit aren’t gonna knock heads with you guys with your 5lb harvests so don’t think for one second I think I know anything more than you guys
Old g - we ain’t that kinda place round here at all. Knocking heads or more is better isn’t the vibe at all. If you got the slighest suggestion it was then someone (probably me) wrote something in a foreign written “accent” that sounded off to you. There really (its amazing for an online forum, and I’ve done poker, Land Rover (that was brutal) and one other. Oh a bunch of tech/IT things for my day job. This is a nice space however big you grow or whatever style. No wars here. We grew our first two plants 6 months ago. From clone. We’re harvesting 4+ kilograms tomorrow we hope. Another 6kg 7 weeks after. You can learn quick and grow as much or as little as you want or require. People will help you out every step of the way with no ego. We went accelerated path for commercial. It was a lifestyle choice. But I read the same advice as people growing plants in solo cups. Fundamentals are the same. You can’t love the plants more than me. It traumatises me cutting them. I’m like anti vegan at that point!

Its very cool growing something. How and why you do it. Up to you.

Nick.

Old g - we ain’t that kinda place round here at all. Knocking heads or more is better isn’t the vibe at all. If you got the slighest suggestion it was then someone (probably me) wrote something in a foreign written “accent” that sounded off to you. There really (its amazing for an online forum, and I’ve done poker, Land Rover (that was brutal) and one other. Oh a bunch of tech/IT things for my day job. This is a nice space however big you grow or whatever style. No wars here. We grew our first two plants 6 months ago. From clone. We’re harvesting 4+ kilograms tomorrow we hope. Another 6kg 7 weeks after. You can learn quick and grow as much or as little as you want or require. People will help you out every step of the way with no ego. We went accelerated path for commercial. It was a lifestyle choice. But I read the same advice as people growing plants in solo cups. Fundamentals are the same. You can’t love the plants more than me. It traumatises me cutting them. I’m like anti vegan at that point!

Its very cool growing something. How and why you do it. Up to you.

Nick.
Great words Nick

24/7 light an auto really needs if u want to make it worth ur time please pset your light on 20/4
Mountain man I'm going to go for it. Tomorrow when I feed ✌🏻

Yep sorry me with the 18/6 - its 20/4 that most auto people go, right? For me I’d experiment that 8/8/8 thing but as much to save electricity and then it would be an experiment.

What my learned friend MrMountainman80 says / whack them on 20/4 now until the end.

Nick

I don’t think anyone is disputing your ability bro, you prolly know volumes more about Auto’s than me. I think it’s just when you devote yourself and time to growing you want to be sure. I think that’s what I’m getting. CL🍀

You have to be careful picking your autos these days with the advances they have achieved compared to the first autos.
First ones they crossed with was indica & took a while before they got the THC up on that as the ruderalis is similar to hemp
Went by names like low rider because of the fast 21 day start to flower from seed & small growing plants
They had problems at first getting a stable strain crossing with Sativa plants & now the more they cross it with unstable hybrids the more they are getting messed up.
This is why some people are putting them in 12/12. They get impatient. Not all autos today will start to flower at 21 days now.
I have an auto that doesn't start to bloom for 5 -6 weeks

Maybe slowly each day add more time

You have to be careful picking your autos these days with the advances they have achieved compared to the first autos.
First ones they crossed with was indica & took a while before they got the THC up on that as the ruderalis is similar to hemp
Went by names like low rider because of the fast 21 day start to flower from seed & small growing plants
They had problems at first getting a stable strain crossing with Sativa plants & now the more they cross it with unstable hybrids the more they are getting messed up.
This is why some people are putting them in 12/12. They get impatient. Not all autos today will start to flower at 21 days now.
I have an auto that doesn't start to bloom for 5 -6 weeks

Maybe slowly each day add more time
I think I read once it was @labudman I think had one take 100days to flower. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom